Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #1111
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran
 
keahgirl8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71

Hang in there. Those are my go to snacks, almonds, eggs and Greek yogurt. I am not a huge fan of Greek yogurt by itself. I will add fruit to it or even pumpkin pie spice. I also make deviled eggs using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
Speaking of Greek yogurt, I use it as sour cream. I put it on a taco (or taco salad) or mix it with salsa or pico de gallo and use it as dip. Apples are also very filling and have zero points!
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #1112
StayCool
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYS
Posts: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
That's a bummer {{hugs}}. Can you start to make a list of what you need to do? I will do that when I start to get overwhelmed and it gives me something to focus on and to check off so I can see progress. Don't forget to put yourself on the list too! Pencil in a 20-minute walk and grab your ipod and crank up the music.
I have lists of my lists! LOL My husband thinks I'm crazy. It is just a really busy time and I used to grab whatever was around to eat. Now it takes more time to plan, so it is easier to make poor choices. I will just have to push through I guess.
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS10



StayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #1113
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,061

Down .8 tonight! That was a surprise. So I sort of made it to 57 pounds off for my 57th birthday. (The total off is 57.2 and my birthday was last Friday, the day I tracked 57 points, must be something about that number!)

I was going to be happy to break even this week after my birthday food choices (two crepes in one day is probably not a good idea). So I was real surprised when I was told I was down .8. Then I hear my daughter at the scale next to me told, "Good job, Joanna, down 4 lbs this week." She is down a total of 62 pounds now and she is looking good.

My other daughter quit WW online this week and is doing something called Live Strong (I'm not familiar with it, but she says she'd rather count calories than points).
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #1114
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
I am only about two weeks in on my umpteenth go around on weight watchers and I am struggling a bit with protein and keeping myself full throughout the day. I know I am probably reserving too many points for the evening, so I could probably take a few from there to have a higher protein snack. Any suggestions for middle of the day snacks with protein?

(I do have access to a fridge at work.)

Right now, I'm thinking I could hard boil some eggs and eat those, or get some of the mini packs of almonds. (I think Greek Yogurt is high in protein, but I just don't like it.) Any other thoughts?
Can you get flavoured Greek Yogurt? They're usually much better then the plain stuff. I was also thinking of apples and peanut butter. Weight Watchers sells 3-point oatmeal. You could give that a try. It has 5 grams of protein in the container. Cottage cheese is also a good source of protein.

If you're not eating many points at breakfast, what about adding some protein then?
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #1115
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Down .8 tonight! That was a surprise. So I sort of made it to 57 pounds off for my 57th birthday. (The total off is 57.2 and my birthday was last Friday, the day I tracked 57 points, must be something about that number!)

I was going to be happy to break even this week after my birthday food choices (two crepes in one day is probably not a good idea). So I was real surprised when I was told I was down .8. Then I hear my daughter at the scale next to me told, "Good job, Joanna, down 4 lbs this week." She is down a total of 62 pounds now and she is looking good.

My other daughter quit WW online this week and is doing something called Live Strong (I'm not familiar with it, but she says she'd rather count calories than points).
Way to go, pwdebbie! 57.2 pounds is awesome! Congratulations to your daughter as well. I think it nice that the two of you can attend together.
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #1116
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!
 
Julia M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,949

Its so inspiring to read about all of the losses here. Even though I don't post as much as some of you, I do like to read all of them!

Can't believe that I have had 4 straight days of eating a meal out! Even happier that I made excellent choices and that don't feel like my weight loss efforts have been derailed.

I pulled a couple more clothing items out of my closet. Its nice to have less clothes in there and also to have the clothes all fit, instead of having multiple sizes! I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm amazed at the difference between a 24 and a 20-it will make packing for my weekend trip in 2 weeks a lot easier, since I am bringing a carry on. The pants are so much smaller!

Roasted some veggies tonight for lunch tomorrow. Bringing breakfast and lunch to work has been great for my food choices but also my pocketbook-the savings have almost paid for our gym membership!

Julia
__________________
WDW Trips
July, 1983: With my parents....only 2 parks!
April 2001: Dixie Landings & Orange Lake Country Club....my kids first trip
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #1117
figment814
Mouseketeer
 
figment814's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: La Grange, IL
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Hang in there. Those are my go to snacks, almonds, eggs and Greek yogurt. I am not a huge fan of Greek yogurt by itself. I will add fruit to it or even pumpkin pie spice. I also make deviled eggs using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
I bought another Greek yogurt, the kind with the fruit cup and will give that a try. Maybe it will eventually grow on me. And it's good to know I'm on the right track with my ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
A combination of foods works better than the individual foods ... like a sting cheese along with an apple.
When I read your response yesterday I was in the middle of eating a cheese stick and blueberries, so definitely heading in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Speaking of Greek yogurt, I use it as sour cream. I put it on a taco (or taco salad) or mix it with salsa or pico de gallo and use it as dip. Apples are also very filling and have zero points!
I find that after eating an apple I actually get hungrier...I wonder if this is because of what Robin said about mixing foods..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBuzzFan View Post
Can you get flavoured Greek Yogurt? They're usually much better then the plain stuff. I was also thinking of apples and peanut butter. Weight Watchers sells 3-point oatmeal. You could give that a try. It has 5 grams of protein in the container. Cottage cheese is also a good source of protein.

If you're not eating many points at breakfast, what about adding some protein then?
Oh, I do love oatmeal, especially in the fall and winter. Is it in individual packs or one big carton? Also, I'm an online member, so I'm wondering if I can get it at the store, or if I have to go to a center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia M View Post
Its so inspiring to read about all of the losses here. Even though I don't post as much as some of you, I do like to read all of them!

Can't believe that I have had 4 straight days of eating a meal out! Even happier that I made excellent choices and that don't feel like my weight loss efforts have been derailed.

I pulled a couple more clothing items out of my closet. Its nice to have less clothes in there and also to have the clothes all fit, instead of having multiple sizes! I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm amazed at the difference between a 24 and a 20-it will make packing for my weekend trip in 2 weeks a lot easier, since I am bringing a carry on. The pants are so much smaller!

Roasted some veggies tonight for lunch tomorrow. Bringing breakfast and lunch to work has been great for my food choices but also my pocketbook-the savings have almost paid for our gym membership!

Julia
You have inspired my confidence ...eating out can be a struggle for me, and four straight days of good choices you should be proud. I know what you mean about sizes and carry ons....my BF's daughter is a size 4 and can pack like 8-10 outfits for a Florida trip in one tiny suitcase. Me, not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Down .8 tonight! That was a surprise. So I sort of made it to 57 pounds off for my 57th birthday. (The total off is 57.2 and my birthday was last Friday, the day I tracked 57 points, must be something about that number!)

I was going to be happy to break even this week after my birthday food choices (two crepes in one day is probably not a good idea). So I was real surprised when I was told I was down .8. Then I hear my daughter at the scale next to me told, "Good job, Joanna, down 4 lbs this week." She is down a total of 62 pounds now and she is looking good.

My other daughter quit WW online this week and is doing something called Live Strong (I'm not familiar with it, but she says she'd rather count calories than points).
Glad you mostly made your 57 goal! Maybe it's a sign that this will be an amazing year for you!
__________________
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #1118
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post

Oh, I do love oatmeal, especially in the fall and winter. Is it in individual packs or one big carton? Also, I'm an online member, so I'm wondering if I can get it at the store, or if I have to go to a center?
The oatmeal comes in individual containers. They are sold 4 to a pkg. I think they are 3 points each. Just add boiling water to the container. Here, we get plain and maple & brown sugar. You may have more flavour choices in the States. There isn't a store in my area so I can't comment on that but we can get them at our centers and at traveler locations. Someone else maybe be able to tell you what sorts of things the WW stores have.
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #1119
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Make a bunch of post in the thread (ideally #2,3,4,5, 6) and just put like save for later, or something like that in it. That way you have reserved spots if you want to make like post #2 pre trip stuff, #3 all the links for each day, #3 etc.

Gotcha! There were actually a couple of posts already by the time I got back to it so I guess I missed that. I had hoped to be able to do set it up that way but maybe I still can edit the first post to do that. However, I did remember to change the font for my update.
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #1120
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Sandi, you are amazing honestly I think most people would have given up and your determination just shines! You have been at goal you will do it again. I get it though too, I think my weight has been a roller coaster the last year of lifetime. I don't think I ever have really maintained I'm up I'm down up, down. I hope this fresh start will get you there!
Thanks Stephanie. You always know just what to say. You are an inspiration! I know you've had a rough time of it, too, but it's so good to see someone with lifetime at goal still working it. Every once in awhile I have a realization that this will never be "over," but that's okay. Look who I've met along the way.

So, yesterday I didn't eat all of my points. I had too many left over and that is just stupid. It was a messed up day though -- too focused on being perfect. Didn't have much of a breakfast, did okay at lunch, and then didn't eat dinner until 8:00. In the meantime, went to DD's senior recognition at her Cross Country invitational (both the boys and the girls from my DD's school won!). When we got home, I was inspired to go do a 4 mile run with a 1/2 mile walk added on. I am a much slower runner than my DD, but she always gives me support. Today I am doing better eating wise. Can I keep this up until the next WI? I'll sure try.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Need to plan a trip!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #1121
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran
 
CdnBuzzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks Stephanie. You always know just what to say. You are an inspiration! I know you've had a rough time of it, too, but it's so good to see someone with lifetime at goal still working it. Every once in awhile I have a realization that this will never be "over," but that's okay. Look who I've met along the way.

So, yesterday I didn't eat all of my points. I had too many left over and that is just stupid. It was a messed up day though -- too focused on being perfect. Didn't have much of a breakfast, did okay at lunch, and then didn't eat dinner until 8:00. In the meantime, went to DD's senior recognition at her Cross Country invitational (both the boys and the girls from my DD's school won!). When we got home, I was inspired to go do a 4 mile run with a 1/2 mile walk added on. I am a much slower runner than my DD, but she always gives me support. Today I am doing better eating wise. Can I keep this up until the next WI? I'll sure try.
Go Sandi!
__________________
DH DS12 ME

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #1122
christinascreative
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173

Hey everyone..
I've been trying to get better at cooking at home, freezing meals ahead of time, etc rather than eating on the go / out of a package or eating out so much. This was my first week of really sticking to it. I made a couple of recipes on Sunday from a blog I found and pre portioned them so we could just grab and reheat. I have to say- Not bad
Now I'm trying to bookmark LOTS of WW friendly recipes that I want to try so it keeps me moving forward in that direction.
I've pinned some on Pinterest here but are there any WW friendly blogs that you get recipes from other than WW itself? I'd love links so I can keep bookmarking /pinning.
__________________


[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #1123
sjms71
DIS Veteran
 
sjms71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NC- Native Jersey Girl!
Posts: 2,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
Hey everyone..
I've been trying to get better at cooking at home, freezing meals ahead of time, etc rather than eating on the go / out of a package or eating out so much. This was my first week of really sticking to it. I made a couple of recipes on Sunday from a blog I found and pre portioned them so we could just grab and reheat. I have to say- Not bad
Now I'm trying to bookmark LOTS of WW friendly recipes that I want to try so it keeps me moving forward in that direction.
I've pinned some on Pinterest here but are there any WW friendly blogs that you get recipes from other than WW itself? I'd love links so I can keep bookmarking /pinning.
My #1 is skinnytaste.com I have a few more but don't know the websites off the top of my head I'll post them later

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
(me)StephanieDH, :DD14,DS12
sjms71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #1124
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,768

It was so amusing to me last Sat with my 4.2lb gain, but now that we're home and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, it's not so funny! Thankfully the scale is going down and I can see that the "bloat" from Disneyland is working itself out, but I really need to stick with the Daily points (not what I normally do) b/c I had Sat, Sun, and Mon with themepark/airport food!

Side note: anyone know the nutrition info for an "iced chocolate chip scone" from Starbucks? I cannot find it on their website at all (or on the tracker) and would love to know the damage I did during our layover, LOL. I wonder if it's on the paper pamphlet they have in their stores...

It'll all work out over the next 2 or so weeks, I'm sure of that, but wowza, it's harder than I expected! (on the other hand, I'm doing so much better than in my sordid WW-quitting past, where I would let this throw me so much I'd quit and decide to gain it all back out of hatred of self...so there's that! )
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #1125
Krissalee
DIS Veteran
 
Krissalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
Hey everyone..
I've been trying to get better at cooking at home, freezing meals ahead of time, etc rather than eating on the go / out of a package or eating out so much. This was my first week of really sticking to it. I made a couple of recipes on Sunday from a blog I found and pre portioned them so we could just grab and reheat. I have to say- Not bad
Now I'm trying to bookmark LOTS of WW friendly recipes that I want to try so it keeps me moving forward in that direction.
I've pinned some on Pinterest here but are there any WW friendly blogs that you get recipes from other than WW itself? I'd love links so I can keep bookmarking /pinning.
I love to cook and have been scouring the web for some great WW friendly recipes over the past few months. Some of my favorite WW recipe websites, or recipes with nutritional content included where you can use your WW calculator to figure out the points are:

Skinnytaste.com
Greenlitebites.com
Slenderkitchen.com
Laloosh.com
Snack-girl.com
Eat-yourself-skinny.com
Nutmegnotebook.com
Simple-nourished-living.com
__________________
Krissy & Craig's next trip: October 2015
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: