Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr View Post
To the OP: There is a free tour of the ship at about 2:30 on boarding day. We haven't done it but did see the tour group and think it might be very useful for a first timer to get an overview.
That orientation tour is a huuuuuuuge waste of time. Review the deck plans ahead of time, pick up a copy of the ship map when you check in and wander around on your own.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

To the OP, if you want a visual of the experience, I have a few pics inside the terminal in my trip report. (link in my signature)

One more tip: my husband dropped me and the kids at the port curb with all of our bags. Then he went and parked and came to meet us. That was much faster than parking and walking in with our kids.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #18
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

I didn't know that it was necessary to drop off bags with a porter if you were parking in the garage across the street (at Port Canaveral). Would DH and I be fine handling our own bags from the car?
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #19
my2boys2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
To the OP, if you want a visual of the experience, I have a few pics inside the terminal in my trip report. (link in my signature)

One more tip: my husband dropped me and the kids at the port curb with all of our bags. Then he went and parked and came to meet us. That was much faster than parking and walking in with our kids.
Thanks Marcie!

my2boys2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #20
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Please do not forget to tip your porter. In April we did the MR, My little brother droped off 9 bags and forgot to tip.(part of a large family group) All 9 bags just happen to "loose" their tags. they had to be searched for.
Have a great time
Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: