Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #706
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha I know EXACTLY what you mean about Disney pizza...especially since I'm a Jersey girl too!! I definitely do not eat the pizza at Disney!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #707
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow I can't believe you're trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!! I'm so jealous...I mean, my trip is in less than 5 weeks, but still. Jealous!

Pizzafari is cute, but I haven't eaten there since 2008. I don't mind some Disney pizza, in fact, I think it's pretty good, but my DH is like you, he is such a pizza snob (apparently, being from CT makes us authorities on pizza...you know, New Haven, Wooster Street, Pepe's, Sally's...yeah, it's good and everything, but still, Disney pizza is made with pixie dust !) and he refuses to eat any Disney pizza...unless it's from Via Napoli, where it's authentic.

I cannot believe AK was so empty! I don't remember what day you said you were there, but I remember it was one of the days I was there in December, and I didn't encounter any empty parks like that! I guess I picked the wrong parks on the wrong days! I always do that!

I always have to go to AKL to visit too! Someday I'll stay there...someday! I hope I can remember to try a zebra dome on this trip, I always forget about them! Maybe on our way out of AK I can stop at AKL and grab some!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #708
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Lia, Lia, Lia!

I'm a terrible lurker...wait, I'm actually a very good lurker, but, really, how hard is it to lurk on a message board?

ANYWAY, here I am, out of lurkdom, because I am overflowing with Disney magic (due to the fact that I'll be at Disney TOMORROW for my BIRTHDAY, and I feel the urge to tell you how very much you make me laugh!

Great update....pick one, they're all supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
YAY!!! THAT'S SO WONDERFUL!!! Happy Birthday, Princess! Have a magical beyond magical trip!!!

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha I know EXACTLY what you mean about Disney pizza...especially since I'm a Jersey girl too!! I definitely do not eat the pizza at Disney!
YES! Any Jersey girl/guy would understand! It's just a thing up here. Pizza is serious. At my old job some of the teenagers would order from Dominos for lunch and I was just like what on earth are you doing. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow I can't believe you're trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!! I'm so jealous...I mean, my trip is in less than 5 weeks, but still. Jealous!

Pizzafari is cute, but I haven't eaten there since 2008. I don't mind some Disney pizza, in fact, I think it's pretty good, but my DH is like you, he is such a pizza snob (apparently, being from CT makes us authorities on pizza...you know, New Haven, Wooster Street, Pepe's, Sally's...yeah, it's good and everything, but still, Disney pizza is made with pixie dust !) and he refuses to eat any Disney pizza...unless it's from Via Napoli, where it's authentic.

I cannot believe AK was so empty! I don't remember what day you said you were there, but I remember it was one of the days I was there in December, and I didn't encounter any empty parks like that! I guess I picked the wrong parks on the wrong days! I always do that!

I always have to go to AKL to visit too! Someday I'll stay there...someday! I hope I can remember to try a zebra dome on this trip, I always forget about them! Maybe on our way out of AK I can stop at AKL and grab some!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER!!! And I'm jealous you are going during holiday time. I desperately want to go but two trips that close together just isn't going to work!!!

The pizza at Wolfgang Puck's is HEAVENLY, but that's the only pizza outside of NJ/NY that i'll swear by! I haven't tried Via Napoli yet, but I'm sure it's delicious. I really want to go there in the future!

That's odd! People always ask me what crowd calendar I use and the truth is I never even looked at one before a few months ago! I guess I just have good Disney instincts.

I hope to stay there someday too!! So badly!! I added two days onto my Oct trip, and I really wanted to rent DVC points to stay in Kidani Village, but it's all booked And the regular rooms are $330 a night and I do nooot have $700 to spend on one weekend. Le sigh.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #709
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you're only two weeks away. I'm excited on your behalf.

I would not be unwilling to lick a cupcake out of the inside of a bag.

You are correct, the Pizzafari murals are very pretty.

You are correct about Disney pizza though. It's tolerable for me, i.e. I'll eat it when I don't feel like anything else, but I'm on the opposite end of the pizza spectrum from you. I'm a born and bred Chicagoan. I like my pizza tasty, cheesy, and deep dished. I do love New York style pizza too though, so no need to start the New York vs. Chicago battle here. And NO, I'm not going to see myself out!

Seriously, one of the major things at AKL is the fact that you can get zebra domes in the CS location. That's epic! It's also the reason why I can't stay there every trip....because the zebra domes would forever be on my hips.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #710
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I've never even been to AKL! I hate my life. Okay, that was dramatic. But really. I'm dying to stay there. I want to eat some zebra domes and maybe watch you drink some African wine midday.

I can't believe your trip is so soon! Like seriously. I remember you announced you were going on twitter while I was there! And now it's already here! YAY.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #711
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I have never been in Pizzafari before and that needs to change RIGHT NOW. Itís so beautiful in there!

I ate at Mara last year and I got the cheese flatbread too. I thought I was going to throw up. It was just NASTY. I agree, one of the worst things I have ever eaten in Disney. And it made my momís stomach feel sick for the rest of the day. They really need to take that flatbread off of the menu. Seriously.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #712
__disneygirl

13 DAYS TIL I'M IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can't believe you're only two weeks away. I'm excited on your behalf.

I would not be unwilling to lick a cupcake out of the inside of a bag.

You are correct, the Pizzafari murals are very pretty.

You are correct about Disney pizza though. It's tolerable for me, i.e. I'll eat it when I don't feel like anything else, but I'm on the opposite end of the pizza spectrum from you. I'm a born and bred Chicagoan. I like my pizza tasty, cheesy, and deep dished. I do love New York style pizza too though, so no need to start the New York vs. Chicago battle here. And NO, I'm not going to see myself out!

Seriously, one of the major things at AKL is the fact that you can get zebra domes in the CS location. That's epic! It's also the reason why I can't stay there every trip....because the zebra domes would forever be on my hips.
AHH I can't believe it either!! 13 DAYS NOW! I'm literally in shock over it. AHH.

haha yeah, it's not really a problem. Those cupcakes are too good to waste even a little bit by not licking it off the bag.

Yeah, I agree, it's tolerable (most of it - that AKL flatbread was too gross!). I was just kidding about the Chicago thing, I'm not one of those people who gets all crazy about the pizza wars. I don't care LOL. I'm sure the Chicago pizza is delicious but I'm not a big fan of super thin or thick crust. I like it to be in the middle, the NY style. I've never had authentic Chicago deep dish pizza though. I will definitely have to try it when I'm in the area!!!

I know! If I stayed there I would for sure eat them every day. They are too amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I've never even been to AKL! I hate my life. Okay, that was dramatic. But really. I'm dying to stay there. I want to eat some zebra domes and maybe watch you drink some African wine midday.

I can't believe your trip is so soon! Like seriously. I remember you announced you were going on twitter while I was there! And now it's already here! YAY.
hahaha don't worry, I say "I hate my life" all the time and my mom always yells at me for saying that but I can't help it sometimes! Hey, i'm a dramatic person. Whatevs. But you HAVE TO GO TO AKL. Oh my God. No trip would be complete for me without it. You are welcome to come watch me drink in the middle of the day anytime!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER. I AM FREAKING OUT. It's all I can think about!!! Ahhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I have never been in Pizzafari before and that needs to change RIGHT NOW. Itís so beautiful in there!

I ate at Mara last year and I got the cheese flatbread too. I thought I was going to throw up. It was just NASTY. I agree, one of the worst things I have ever eaten in Disney. And it made my momís stomach feel sick for the rest of the day. They really need to take that flatbread off of the menu. Seriously.
Yes, definitely stop by! It's so so beautiful!

OMG I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sorry your mom got sick. I can totally see that, it was totally gross!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #713
awdwnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
13 DAYS TIL I'M IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!

We are so happy for you!!! Please make sure to make it to a MNSSHP and be sure to get good seats for the parade! The parade music is still stuck in my head. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT..

awdwnut
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #714
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
We are so happy for you!!! Please make sure to make it to a MNSSHP and be sure to get good seats for the parade! The parade music is still stuck in my head. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT..

awdwnut
We are definitely doing MNSSHP and dressing up! Got our costumes and everything I am SO EXCITED!! I have wanted to go to this party since I was little and finally I am! Ahhh!! We are doing the second parade so hopefully it will be less crowded.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #715
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

Reading this Trip Report has been quite possibly the best two hours of my life.
I mean, what else could you expect when the princess of the Polynesian resort writes it? Legit.

I'm forever calling Mission: Space, Mission: Sinise.
And finding someone else who appreciates Stacey as much as I? Dead.
She has her own page on Facebook, go like her. She responds to her fans a lot, and when she responded to me, I died.

I'm continuing the procrastination of my essay writing by reading your other trip report now.

Also, I'm going to Disney World Oct 21st-27th, if you see someone dragging his mom around the park whilst the Benny Hill theme plays quietly in the background, say hi.
Because really. Chase scenes need that theme in the background.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #716
nanhol
Mouseketeer

I am having so much fun reading your trip report! You tell your stories so well--I've laughed at so many along the way--especially the squirrel story. I'm so excited for you to return to WDW in 12 days! I hope you have a fabulous time!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #717
__disneygirl

12 DAYS TIL DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandurp View Post
Reading this Trip Report has been quite possibly the best two hours of my life.
I mean, what else could you expect when the princess of the Polynesian resort writes it? Legit.

I'm forever calling Mission: Space, Mission: Sinise.
And finding someone else who appreciates Stacey as much as I? Dead.
She has her own page on Facebook, go like her. She responds to her fans a lot, and when she responded to me, I died.

I'm continuing the procrastination of my essay writing by reading your other trip report now.

Also, I'm going to Disney World Oct 21st-27th, if you see someone dragging his mom around the park whilst the Benny Hill theme plays quietly in the background, say hi.
Because really. Chase scenes need that theme in the background.

OMG!! Thank you so much! That is quite a compliment!

to my report! Though I was dubbed QUEEN of the Polynesian. Not princess. Get it right, bucko.

Sorry... I'm drunk with power.

And I can't take credit for the Mission: Sinise thing. Mel (1000thhappyhaunt) made it up. But yeah it stuck and I have called it that ever since. hahahaha

I liked Stacey on Facebook awhile ago. How could I not? aaand followed her on Twitter. I LOVE her updates. She is so positive and Staceyish. She truly LIVES IT UP!!!

YAY!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FSLKJFD!!! I hope you enjoy my other report! Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
I am having so much fun reading your trip report! You tell your stories so well--I've laughed at so many along the way--especially the squirrel story. I'm so excited for you to return to WDW in 12 days! I hope you have a fabulous time!
Thank you so much!! Glad you're here and that you are enjoying!!

Wow, I did NOT notice that there was a squirrel smiley on here. hahaha

AHH THANK YOU!! I am so excited tooooo!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #718
AlliGirl
Earning My Ears

Wahooooo 12 days! So happy you are going again. Because I want to go to there and I'm not headed that way until December for a trip and then January for a college program! Anyways, your trip reports are obviously a very high brow form of entertainment that I gorge myself on whenever possible. Thanks for the smiles
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #719
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
12 DAYS TIL DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! Thank you so much! That is quite a compliment!

to my report! Though I was dubbed QUEEN of the Polynesian. Not princess. Get it right, bucko.

Sorry... I'm drunk with power.

And I can't take credit for the Mission: Sinise thing. Mel (1000thhappyhaunt) made it up. But yeah it stuck and I have called it that ever since. hahahaha

I liked Stacey on Facebook awhile ago. How could I not? aaand followed her on Twitter. I LOVE her updates. She is so positive and Staceyish. She truly LIVES IT UP!!!

YAY!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FSLKJFD!!! I hope you enjoy my other report! Thank you!!!
I was about to respond to this, but Rocky Horror was on television. THEN THEY CUT OUT THE JANET, DR SCOTT, JANET, BRAD, ROCKY, UGH. and I am furious.

Anywho. My bad, Queen. Your highness. The almighty ruler of all things Polynesian.

TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMMY. WHAM WHAM WHAM.

That's my personal favourite anyway.

The other one was lovely. You've convinced me to attempt getting a ADR at Sci-fi, and pray for a Le Cellier reservation...even though...I'm..Canadian...
WHATEVA I DON'T GET CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP HERE.

WE AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I look forward to that TR as well. AND FANTASMIC IS LIKE ON EVERY DAY EXCEPT ONE DURING THE WEEK. Which is different from last time I went as well.
:3

Last edited by alexandurp; 10-09-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #720
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliGirl View Post
Wahooooo 12 days! So happy you are going again. Because I want to go to there and I'm not headed that way until December for a trip and then January for a college program! Anyways, your trip reports are obviously a very high brow form of entertainment that I gorge myself on whenever possible. Thanks for the smiles
Thank you!!! OMG CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING INTO THE COLLEGE PROGRAM!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! And getting to go in December too? That's just perfect.

Thanks so much! I'm glad my TRs make you smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandurp View Post
I was about to respond to this, but Rocky Horror was on television. THEN THEY CUT OUT THE JANET, DR SCOTT, JANET, BRAD, ROCKY, UGH. and I am furious.

Anywho. My bad, Queen. Your highness. The almighty ruler of all things Polynesian.

TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMMY. WHAM WHAM WHAM.

That's my personal favourite anyway.

The other one was lovely. You've convinced me to attempt getting a ADR at Sci-fi, and pray for a Le Cellier reservation...even though...I'm..Canadian...
WHATEVA I DON'T GET CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP HERE.

WE AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I look forward to that TR as well. AND FANTASMIC IS LIKE ON EVERY DAY EXCEPT ONE DURING THE WEEK. Which is different from last time I went as well.
:3
UGH that is really not cool at all. I hate the way TV butchers good movies. I mean, it's a crime for a film to be broken up with commercials *shudder* but editing parts out is just NO BUENO. EVER. Ugh.

IT'S ALL WHAM!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I doubt you'll be able to get yourself into Le Cellier but it's not that big of an issue this time of year because you can get Cheddar Cheese Soup at the Canada stand that's up for the Food & Wine Festival. They also have some of the other Le Cellier food there and the pretzel bread is the same as the bavarian pretzels on sale in Germany. So, it's really not a problem. Sci-Fi, however, YOU MUST NOT MISS!!! It is just one of the best places ever.

Ahh thank you, I can't wait to write it!! It's happening so soon! And yes, i'm quite relieved they brought Fantasmic back to more nights because the crowds when it was only twice a week were horrific, seriously.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: