Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

Busyi took t

Kids out of school one year to experience the "slow" week of the first week of December. Of course it was anything but slow. I'm starting to think disneyland has no more slow times?! Especially now with cars land
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV
lifesgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
patlakpok
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all the help! Glad I just looked at TP's free calendar and didn't buy it!

Sounds like we should be fine. You're all wonderful!
patlakpok is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
HollyL
Mouseketeer

We are planning to be there December 4-5th -Tuesday and Wednesday - I figured a mid-week visit while school is still in session, well before Christmas would be pretty safe. Our kids are 18 months old and 4 years old, so I really don't want to wait in long lines. That's the only reason we're going....we want to see all of the Christmas stuff without the crowds, and our son will be in real school next year, and we will not pull him out of school. I sure hope the predictions are wrong!! I have gone this time of year before, and the parks were pretty much dead.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I was at DLR last year from 12/4 - 12/8. There was a CP on Sunday, 12/4, but I didn't really notice a large increase in crowds until mid-to-late afternoon. However, I did notice quite a few more people buzzing around the hotel lobby than there normally would be.

On Monday, 12/5 it was delightful in both parks. This was probably due in part to some heavy wind that blew through town for a few hours and then disappeared, but DCA was like a ghost town and even Disneyland was not bad. Main Street was not crowded. There was no line at Gibson Girl Ice Cream (shockingly). It was good because I think all the CP people cleared out and left the parks to be downright reasonable. December 6th was a bit more crowded, but not the worst I've seen. December 7th was not bad at all in DCA in the brief time I was there. I'm not sure about 12/8.

This year, however, who knows what will happen? First of all, the Halloween Time season (and the Halloween Parties), by most accounts, has already been quite crowded for the last few weeks. I think that California Adventure's makeover/"re-imagining" is still bringing in the crowds. This will certainly not change by the holidays, which is peak season to begin with.

Then, having the CP on 20 nights in December instead of 2 nights is uncharted territory for DLR. We really have no clue whatsoever how this will impact crowds. We don't have a real DLR-specific template that we can use for a guideline. It's not like they just increased it from 2 nights to 5 nights. They (DLR) are taking a huge leap in having the CP on 20 nights. That is major. This could either end up being utter madness in terms of crowds all through the normally slower days in December, or it could be okay. Maybe the CP won't be as huge of a draw as Disney is hoping.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Carsland is affecting everything this year.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
sheetz
DIS Veteran

The key point to take away from this is that nobody has any real idea what's going to happen because we're in uncharted territory. At this point Touring Plans doesn't have any better idea than any of us here. Heck, according to their calendar they are still forecasting DCA to open 2 hours after DL!

It wouldn't surprise me if TP is predicting higher crowds just to be on the safe side. After all, customers are less likely to complain if your crowd predictions are too high than if they are too low. They probably received a lot of criticism for all the '1' predictions this past month.
sheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Rainasunshine
Some say it's all a dream, but I know, I know that it is my reality(:

We went last year the 12-16th and it was so empty, ill have to see if I have any pictures. But we walked on to everything multiple times got amazing pictures with no one in them and had no lines for characters. However, Friday was terrible rides went from no waits to 120 min. So I think it's just the weekends that are really busy until closer to Christmas.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesroi View Post
It's also right before the Wonder's Panama Canal cruise and I am sure a lot of us will be at the Land, LOL... Though I can't imagine that's the only reason. There aren't *that* many people on the cruise!

Tracy
We will be there for Thursday and Friday and we leave Sunday on the Wonder!

Have you been to our thread on the Meet page Lesori??
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: