Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
longnex
Earning My Ears

Downtown disney resort question

I see on the WDW map that they have several hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, Best Western, Courtyard by Marriot, Regal Sun and Royal plaza) but I cant find a description about any of these hotels. Are they part of WDW? Do they offer Disney transportation? Are they worth staying at? Thanks
longnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
jm0925
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnex View Post
I see on the WDW map that they have several hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, Best Western, Courtyard by Marriot, Regal Sun and Royal plaza) but I cant find a description about any of these hotels. Are they part of WDW? Do they offer Disney transportation? Are they worth staying at? Thanks
They aren't WDW property hotels. They are hotels owned by other hotel chains. If you look them up on internet, you may find the prices of each may be somewhat close, except the Hilton. I was at the Best Western one a couple months ago and I thought the rooms needed some updating but overall it was a nice hotel. I believe the hotel called Regal Sun is called something else now. It has changed names a few times. I'm pretty sure they all may offer transportation to the Disney parks. Most hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area do. My advice is just go to Google and type "Double Tree Down Town Disney", and Best Western Down Town Disney, etc...and look up these hotels individually to compare them. That really is a great location they all are in.

*October 2014 - Halloween with Mickey and Food and Wine at Epcot.*February 2014 - 3 Park Special! Love being a Florida Resident. *Mickey's Halloween Party - October 2013**Seaworld & Aquatica with a little Disney Mixed In - August 2013**Kicking off summer at the Magic Kingdom - May 2013*.*Mickey Christmas Party- December 2012 with a First Time Stay at the All-Star Sports Resort, *Epcot Food and Wine Festival - Nov 2011, *Mickey's Halloween Party - Oct 2011, * Lived in Florida all my life. Many other trips before these.
jm0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

They are not part of WDW

They do not offer WDW transportation.

They also will not include any other on site perks like dining or extra magic hours etc etc..

Are they worth staying in? That would be up to the guest, to me, no, to others, obviously yes.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

They're also not in Downtown Disney. Just close by. As for whether or not they're worth it: they don't have DME, Disney transportation, EMH privileges, DDP. But they may be less expensive. If you don't need the benefits of a Disney resort, then they may very well be worth it.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

The DTD hotels are on WDW property, so they're part of WDW. They're located across the road from DTD, along Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Since they're not owned by Disney, you would be using their transportation; you're not on the Disney transportation system. You would not be able to get the dining plans, or use DME. Only the Hilton includes access to EMH. There's no free parking at the theme parks.

You can find some great deals at these hotels, and they're very close to the Crossroads shopping center and Apopka Vineland Blvd, if you like to eat offsite, there are plenty of choices nearby.

I'm going to move this over to the Orlando Hotels board.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
carlamouse
Disney Trekker

Smile Why not check out their website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnex View Post
These hotels have different corporate ownership, but they got together to form a website promoting their unique location. Here's a link:
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

Carla in GA
81' 1st Trip, Off Property ~ 82'-88' Off Property ~ 89' Grand Floridian ~ 92' Beach Club ~ 96' Contemporary Resort ~ 97'-98' Off Property (FL Resident) ~ 00'Coronado Springs ~ 01' WDW Swan Resort ~ 03' Courtyard By Marriott (DTD), ~ 05' Sheraton Vistana Resort / Wilderness Lodge ~ 07' Pop/Polynesian Resort ~ 09' WDW Dolphin Resort ~ 11' Grand Floridian & Disney Dream ~ '13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
carlamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

The downtown disney resorts do have transportation to the parks via their DTD Resort bus and the Hilton does offer access to the EMH perk. There is also a character breakfast at the hilton.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote