Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1636
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?
I'm wondering the same thing and have been going back and forth for months. I have Nemo booked but I keep looking at the LK section closest to AH........
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #1637
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We switched to LK because we were worried about pool noise and wanted to be close to AH. We were very close but we didn't realize they would be playing the nightly movie right outside our room!!! Talk about loud.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #1638
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6
We're staying in LM and I know it will be quite a walk to get drink refills. Can we refill our refillable mugs, dump it into a separate container, then refill the mug and again dump it into another container to leave in the fridge?

Or would that be tacky? I don't see a problem with it but what do you think? I was going to bring a small rubbermaid container for beverages for that purpose.
If this were the refillable mug thread we'd call this "debate." :-)

My opinion is....yeah, it's tacky.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #1639
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

We originally had LK and I decided to switch to FN with a pool side view lol. I'm not worried about noise and wanted to be close to everything.

Strategically the FN seemed to be the best building for access to everything.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #1640
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

If you're staying at a Disney resort like AoA for instance you don't pay to park at the theme parks.
Yup. Free parking for those staying on property. I can't stand to wait around. I vacation on my own schedule. But, sometimes if our family/group splits up, some of us will take a bus here or there. Nice to have the option.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1641
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandPooh
Its been great keeping up on this thread to keep us going until our trip.
Its getting closer and I am getting more excited by the day
We just paid our final payment on trip about a week ago and now just waiting for about another week o get our packag in the mail
Now off to Disneyland for the rest of this week to tie us over until we can get to Florida

Quick question for hose of you that have had to fly to get to WDW.....
If you had a baby around the age of 16 months would you buy a seat for him or her or would you choos the on the parents lap option???

Not used to flying and have never flown with little ones.
Last time we were at WDW was in 2006 and we didnt have babies back then
We always flew with them on our lap. Never had a problem. Bring snacks and master the art of distraction. . Save your money.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1642
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
If this were the refillable mug thread we'd call this "debate." :-)

My opinion is....yeah, it's tacky.
I did not know such a thread existed. I am glad I did not ask this in another thread since I don't want people jumping down my throat. Thank you!

I won't do it.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #1643
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Regarding pool noise - we've only stayed poolside once in AS Sports and the music / announcements were louder than we expected. It wasn't a problem because it quieted down around 9 or 10 pm but we would never stay poolside again.

At Nemo pool the music / CMs announcing are right beside a corner of the Nemo Suites I have to wonder how loud it is in that end of the building (at Sports they're next to the food court / main building with music / announcements so we had some distance between us and the main noise).

I would suggest if you go for a Nemo suite request a 'quiet' suite - that should get you away from poolside.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #1644
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
Those who have stayed: Finding Nemo or Lion King? We're waffling. Anyone in the FN suites, did you find them to be affected by the pool noise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I'm wondering the same thing and have been going back and forth for months. I have Nemo booked but I keep looking at the LK section closest to AH........
We stayed in Nemo at the end of last month. Our 2nd floor room looked out over the playground and (slightly further down) the sprayground. We never heard a bit of noise, at any time of day or night, from outside. The most annoying noise came from the interior hallways and you can't avoid that no matter where you stay! Slamming doors, people talking/laughing/yelling, kids etc etc. My advice would be to pick either the location you want or the theme you want and not worry about exterior noise.

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #1645
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

We checked in a bit ago. They were still having troubles from the computer system and it took us about a half hour. Cm was really nice. Just missed the food court by a couple of minutes. It closed at midnight so we had a vending machine late night snack lol. We are in room 7830. Room is so amazing. Only bad thing was I had to kill a bunch of spiders that were in the corners other than that its truly out of the movie!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #1646
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Wondering if there are any pix from handicapped accessible suites in this thread? Sorry, but I have not been through all the posts yet.

If not, we have a HA with roll-in shower booked for Lion King in December, so there will be plenty of photos upon our return.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #1647
noahdove
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the FN suites and we heard NO noise of any type..In fact, we didn't hear hall noise either
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #1648
candielips
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the layout of the wheelchair accessible LM rooms?
Also, if I ask for lake view, does that mean I'll be close to the bridge for Pop?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #1649
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

Are there outdoor movies everynight at LK? We booked LK because we thought it might be quieter. Now, I think maybe not.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #1650
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofeverything View Post
Are there outdoor movies everynight at LK? We booked LK because we thought it might be quieter. Now, I think maybe not.
Weather permitting, there are outdoor movies every night. However, the movies are shown by the Nemo Pool.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: