Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
BuzzLikebeer
Earning My Ears

Riding with a 1 1/2 year old

I've been to Disney World the past 2 years while my daughter was 3 and 4 years old. However, when we go in Nov 2013, my son will be 1 1/2. So i'm wondering what the riding situation is at that age. Is he ok to ride with an adult on any ride without a height restriction (within reason)? For example, can he sit next to me/on my lap on Winnie The Pooh, Dumbo, The Seas With Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Peter Pan's Flight, etc, etc, etc?
BuzzLikebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

He can ride any and all rides that do not have a height requirement! So there really are only a handful of rides in all the parks he can't go on.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Yup! I took all three of my kids as babies. Disney will allow them to sit on your lap or next to you, whatever. (Universal will not let them sit on your lap, they have to be able to sit unassisted directly on the seat.)

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
BuzzLikebeer
Earning My Ears

I was hoping that was the case. I never really took notice while i was there if kids that age were riding. Thanks. Now if i can just get the next 14 months to go by a little more quickly...
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLikebeer View Post
I've been to Disney World the past 2 years while my daughter was 3 and 4 years old. However, when we go in Nov 2013, my son will be 1 1/2. So i'm wondering what the riding situation is at that age. Is he ok to ride with an adult on any ride without a height restriction (within reason)? For example, can he sit next to me/on my lap on Winnie The Pooh, Dumbo, The Seas With Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Peter Pan's Flight, etc, etc, etc?
Each child under the age of 7 (I think it is 7) can ride, but must have an adult with them. So, if you have 2 children under the age of 7, you need two adults.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
Each child under the age of 7 (I think it is 7) can ride, but must have an adult with them. So, if you have 2 children under the age of 7, you need two adults.
No they just need an adult to be with them. You can take 2 under 7 on with you.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Definitely not true. There are lots of families with 3+ kids under 7 and only two parents. One adult and two little kids are perfectly fine in a ride.

ETA: OP, we took my son for the first time at 16 months and he looooooved it. We had so much fun and there was a ton for him to do.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Schmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDame View Post
Definitely not true. There are lots of families with 3+ kids under 7 and only two parents. One adult and two little kids are perfectly fine in a ride.

ETA: OP, we took my son for the first time at 16 months and he looooooved it. We had so much fun and there was a ton for him to do.
But then they have to be in the same ride car, in the same row - so if they fit, yes, if they don't fit, then an adult has to be with each one. There have been numerous posts on the Dis about how two kids were not allowed to ride together, or a young child was not allowed to ride alone. Also, the adult really has to be an adult or older teen, it can't be an 8 year old.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But then they have to be in the same ride car, in the same row - so if they fit, yes, if they don't fit, then an adult has to be with each one. There have been numerous posts on the Dis about how two kids were not allowed to ride together, or a young child was not allowed to ride alone. Also, the adult really has to be an adult or older teen, it can't be an 8 year old.
Yup - what you say in this post is true. But that's really different than each kid needing their own adult. Every kid needs to be with an adult, yes, but you don't need a 1:1 ratio. On almost all rides, an adult with a 1.5 year old and a 3 year old will fit just fine.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Just got back with our 20 month old DD. She had a great time. She went on plenty of rides.
She loved IASW so much, she cried when it was time to get off the boat!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Schmeck

Quote:
Yup - what you say in this post is true. But that's really different than each kid needing their own adult. Every kid needs to be with an adult, yes, but you don't need a 1:1 ratio. On almost all rides, an adult with a 1.5 year old and a 3 year old will fit just fine.
Depends on how big the adult is - my two kids could fit with me on most rides, but not with their dad.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
BuzzLikebeer
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Mine will be just over 18 mons. I'm hoping he enjoys it. Right now at about 5months old he can already watch almost half of Finding Nemo without pooping or barfing! I figure that's a good sign!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: