Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
jackparts
Mouseketeer

Another stupid dress code question

Since we will be at WDW for 5 days before the three day Dream cruise, do not know that dress clothes will be in dress shape. Last cruise, I noticed that the dress code was very relaxed and was thinking of joining the relaxed crowd. Since I have never cruised on only a three day cruise, anyone care to comment on what is the current view? Can we expect to see both adults and kids in shorts as there is not a real dress up nite on the three day cruise?
jackparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackparts View Post
Since we will be at WDW for 5 days before the three day Dream cruise, do not know that dress clothes will be in dress shape. Last cruise, I noticed that the dress code was very relaxed and was thinking of joining the relaxed crowd. Since I have never cruised on only a three day cruise, anyone care to comment on what is the current view? Can we expect to see both adults and kids in shorts as there is not a real dress up nite on the three day cruise?
While the 3 night cruises don't have a "real" formal night, there is a "dress up optional" night. That being said, the shorter cruises (3 & 4 night) tend to be more casual. However, I believe, the "suggested dress code" for "cruise casual" states "no shorts, tank tops, or bathing suits in the dining rooms" as the definition for all cruises.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
jjones144
Mouseketeer

We have done two Dream cruises, and my husband and boys all wear shorts to dinner. They are nice shorts that they wear polo shirts with. They seem to be dressed as nice, or nicer than most. It seems to be pretty relaxed as far as dress code goes. I wear sundresses, and bring a nicer dress to wear the last night which is considered the "dress up" night. It is not formal by any means, just something a little nicer than the other days. I have seen that it says no shorts, but I see a lot of kids and men wearing shorts.
jjones144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
ludari
DIS Veteran

It's your vacation wear what you want and what you are comfortable in.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The only places with a dress code are the adult only restaurants (Palo and Remy). They DO enforce the dress code.

All other dress comments are listed as "suggested" or "requested." These are not enforced in any way. A 3 night cruise has one night designated at "Dress Up optional." The "optional" says it all.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

agree with the other posters...it is really up to you. The last couple of cruises we let the kids wear shorts. I brought a pair of Khakis...and just wore those for dinner. Since I wasn't wearing them longer than about 2 hours a night...I just kept wearing them.

Note that you may get some folks on here that are a little over the top worried about dress code. At the end of the day, IMHO, you do what feels right to you. If you feel like getting all gussied up every night...go for it. If you don't....go for it. You paid for your cruise!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
The only places with a dress code are the adult only restaurants (Palo and Remy). They DO enforce the dress code.

All other dress comments are listed as "suggested" or "requested." These are not enforced in any way. A 3 night cruise has one night designated at "Dress Up optional." The "optional" says it all.
This was our experience.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

I would not wear shorts or let my husband or children wear shorts to the dining rooms. Just my personal choice...go ahead and disagree..my husband disagrees too! We do late dining and often it's too chilly for shorts anyway. I always bring a wrap of some sort as well.
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbydisney View Post
I would not wear shorts or let my husband or children wear shorts to the dining rooms. Just my personal choice...go ahead and disagree..my husband disagrees too! We do late dining and often it's too chilly for shorts anyway. I always bring a wrap of some sort as well.
I can understand the children but you don't "let' your husband wear something? How does that work?
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
jennandcompany
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbydisney
Interesting. I always like to compliment my spouse for their dinner attire.... Not mandate it. LOL.

To the OP, wear what you want. Everyone else does and has a great time. Enjoy you cruise.
jennandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadekind View Post
I can understand the children but you don't "let' your husband wear something? How does that work?
OOOps ok maybe that was a poor choice of words...."let" isn't exactly what I meant....but since I do the packing, planning, laundry etc..he relies on my suggestions...further so that the pictures come out well I try to plan not to wear things that clash....he would feel bad if when he looked at the pics he realized he was wearing shorts and I was wearing a dress for example...
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbydisney View Post

TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
jennandcompany
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbydisney

OOOps ok maybe that was a poor choice of words...."let" isn't exactly what I meant....but since I do the packing, planning, laundry etc..he relies on my suggestions...further so that the pictures come out well I try to plan not to wear things that clash....he would feel bad if when he looked at the pics he realized he was wearing shorts and I was wearing a dress for example...
I figured as much, but it was pretty funny. LOL
jennandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: