Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1201
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Patience is my sewing machine - I do everything with her. But she is straight stitch only:

Mr. Rocket is my applique machine... He does all of my applique work:

I also have a serger, but I rarely use it (I really need to make a nicer cover for it... Hmmm... Maybe soon?)

WOW I hope I could get my sewing/craft room to look this neat! Maybe if I just move, I can start with a clean room???

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Am I a terrible mom that I wanted to put my kids in bed at 6 p.m. so I can get back into my sewing room for the 1st time in a week??
BWHAHAHA...I've been trying to get my son into bed a little early to work on things...and I haven't even gone on vacation yet!

Everyone's stuff looks so awesome! LOVE the pie carrier, too! Not like I can make a pie to carry in it!

Like I said I have not sewn much for a bit only because of how hectic things have been lately. We got the diagnosis for my 3 yo son FINALLY, not that I am happy with it, but to know what we are dealing with and having the right team of physicians working with us at Boston Children's has made this a lot easier. He was diagnosed with the rare disease called Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD). October is actually PCD awareness month so I ask everyone who is reading this, PLEASE take just a few minutes and learn a bit about the disease by going to the PCD Foundation's website (don't think I can list it here) but if you put together PCDFoundation and add dot org to it, maybe YOU actually know one of the thousands who are undiagnosed and can help spread the word as well...ok back to my projects I recently started back up...non-Disney of course as our Sesame trip is this weekend and Bubble Guppies birthday is coming up!

The Bubble Guppies shirt is still a work in progress still but don't need it for another week and a half so I should have plenty of time. I have another birthday shirt to work on as well. The Sesame shirt he is all excited to wear this weekend for the 1st time!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #1202
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
BWHAHAHA...I've been trying to get my son into bed a little early to work on things...and I haven't even gone on vacation yet!

Like I said I have not sewn much for a bit only because of how hectic things have been lately. We got the diagnosis for my 3 yo son FINALLY, not that I am happy with it, but to know what we are dealing with and having the right team of physicians working with us at Boston Children's has made this a lot easier. He was diagnosed with the rare disease called Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD). October is actually PCD awareness month so I ask everyone who is reading this, PLEASE take just a few minutes and learn a bit about the disease by going to the PCD Foundation's website (don't think I can list it here) but if you put together PCDFoundation and add dot org to it, maybe YOU actually know one of the thousands who are undiagnosed and can help spread the word as well...ok back to my projects I recently started back up...non-Disney of course as our Sesame trip is this weekend and Bubble Guppies birthday is coming up!

The Bubble Guppies shirt is still a work in progress still but don't need it for another week and a half so I should have plenty of time. I have another birthday shirt to work on as well. The Sesame shirt he is all excited to wear this weekend for the 1st time!
Love the bowling shirt. he sure looks happy with it too. Great job. looks better than how mine came out, I can't get the front facing to stay down. never watched the Bubble Guppies but the characters look fun and are coming out nice.

I'm glad you got a diagnosis of something. Now that you know what you are dealing with, it can be done more effectively. I read a page or two from your link and it's scary how much it reminded me of my friends son and the problems they have been having getting him diagnosed with something. I sent her the link and she never heard of it but it sounds like the problems they've been having. I think your kids are the exact same age also.

I missed a few quotes but I'll try to get everyone.

Meshell2002.... love all the baby stuff and you look ready to be done. Once I get better at sewing, I really want to learn how to knit. Cute dress for yourself too.

4HppyCamprs..... the shirt/skirt sets are really cute. I think my favorite is the first one though. great job.

dianemom2...... I love that you put the tutu on the cow. It really does bring everything together and I hope the little girl who wears it loves it a bunch. Checked out the launch dresses last night and can't wait to be able to ask what some of the patterns were and maybe someone can answer because there were a few that I really want to do that design.

Cutting fabric today while doing laundry. Lazy day other than that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #1203
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aww... thanks. I just wanted to mention... You do realize that everything I do is hand applique - right? The only reason I mention this, is because for my first several months of sewing, I just assumed that I needed an expensive embroidery machine to make the characters... I didn't realize that you could hand applique them on a regular machine - a bit more time consuming, and a bit more skill - but it can be done. Heather Sue's Most Awesome Hand Applique tutorial on page 1 of this thread is how I learned, and probably the best tutorial I have ever found. Highly recommend you give it a try.

These are my 2 machines...

Patience is my sewing machine - I do everything with her. But she is straight stitch only:

Mr. Rocket is my applique machine... He does all of my applique work:

I also have a serger, but I rarely use it (I really need to make a nicer cover for it... Hmmm... Maybe soon?)

D~
Your sewing area is great. Your Mr. Rocket looks like the machine I learned to sew on and sometimes wish I still had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I did not realize you hand did these. WOW !!

I didn't add it as I traced so I have to go back and do that but I do have a wheel cutter with a guide on it that I was planning on using to cut it out with a seam on it. I am thinking I want to make an "Alice in Wonderland" themed dress but I still need a few more fabric designs so I guess it will have to wait and I'll have to try something else for my first one. this is what I have so far...

I went a little overboard buying fabric at the sale this weekend too.....

close up of top fabrics

A close up of those flowered fabrics in the middle

And some curtains I found at Goodwill. haven't decided if I'm keeping them curtains since they are already done and nicely lined but unfinished on bottom edge of one or taking them apart to use the fabric.

sorry it's a little image heavy. Looking for idea's for the Alice dress using fabrics found in stores. I'm gong to incorporate baby blue and some white but would love some fun butterflies, or caterpillars, or rabbits, or even white and red roses. Thanks!
Looks like you had a great shopping trip. The fabrics are all very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz View Post
They're not clothes but are wearable but I wanted to share them with everyone! These are my girls Christmas themed flip flops for our vacation in December!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Those are really cute flip flops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Hello All! This is my second post LOL I am brand new to sewing but I love the appliques and found HeatherSue's Hand Appliqueing tutorial to be the BEST! So I thought I would share what I made.

I made this without the bond or stabilizer because I was too impatient to wait.
The skirt was made from the WORST tutorial ever. This was skirt number 4. I learned a lot though! I learned what Selvedge to Selvedge meant and the skirt turned out a lot fuller!

This was my second applique/sewing project using the proper material BUT I put the bow on Minnie upside down. Oops.

My newest creation. I think I have how to make this skirt down so I could do it in my sleep!

These are the only things I have ever sewn so I am still learning a lot. My MIL is helping me put together a toddler Christmas dress so I am learning to sew from a pattern too.
Those are cute outfits, I especially like the cupcake one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Those are very cute!

All the baby things are wonderful. The dress and bonnet are amazing! And the little outfit that you knitted is so cute and so are the burpies (which I'm sure will get plenty of use!!!) I really like your "4th trimester" dress. I definitely could have used something like that, especially after my 2nd daughter was born. Having 2 babies in less than 1 year left me looking pregnant for about 3 months after the second one was born. It really took my stomach muscles some time to look normal again. I'd love to see how you upcycled stuff into a Jessie costume.

Your stuff looks great! Each thing you posted shows that you've gained more skills and they are all adorable. I've been sewing for a while but still don't do hand appliques so good for you for learning to do them right off the bat!

I buy Sulky's Tender Touch and iron over the back of the appliques. It keeps the scratchy stuff away from the skin.

Here is what I finished today. A dancing cow jumper/dress. This was the first time I made my own bias tape and it was very easy. I just used the method with the needle and the ironing board. It was simple!

Here is a close up of the dancing cow applique. It is hard to see but the dark pink vertical stripes on the skirt have a cow, a cat and a frog wearing ballet tutus and dancing. I wanted a dancing cow for the bodice but I already had this cow design so I just added the tutu after it was stitched out.

Also, tonight is the launch that I talked about previously. I can't wait until it is over so I can share pictures of my launch dresses with you. I was very happy with how they turned out.
That is an adorable dress.

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #1204
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell2002 View Post
Wendy- so sorry for Bridgie's family...thanks for letting us know, that was the first give I participated in.

so much cute stuff posted WTMTQ and catch up!

Diane...yes I've been sewing for the baby, and taught myself how to knit too! None of it's disney related....I need to get pics of DD in her halloween costume though....she's going to be Jessie....I upcycled some of DS outgrown clothes and embelished them

Here's some baby related stuff....not everything...but most.

Dedication gown, Lucy is modeling the bonnet, she needed something to do.

recovered pillow for nursery

made flannel burpies, embelished some too...gotta use that embroidery machine for something!

knitted sweater set

Made myself "4th trimester" dress....I'm about 32 weeks in this photo.....so couldn't wear the dress now cause the hem would ride up too much, but it will be great for next month!

ok thanks to pics of the apple pie now I want one too! it looks great! LOL!
Everything looks wonderful. The smocked gown and bonnet are beautiful.

Quote:
WOW I hope I could get my sewing/craft room to look this neat! Maybe if I just move, I can start with a clean room???

Everyone's stuff looks so awesome! LOVE the pie carrier, too! Not like I can make a pie to carry in it!

Those are really cute shirts and your little model is even cuter.

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #1205
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
LOL - it's not always that neat. I do try hard to clean up after each project though. The hardest part for me, is that my fabrics tend to pile up on top of my fabric shelves... I really dislike putting them away. I need to do that again though, because they are starting to get out of hand.

Quote:

Love the Sesame Street shirt - those fabrics look great together! And the BG are coming along nicely too.

Quote:
They're not clothes but are wearable but I wanted to share them with everyone! These are my girls Christmas themed flip flops for our vacation in December!

These are so cute!! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell2002 View Post
Here's some baby related stuff....not everything...but most.

Dedication gown, Lucy is modeling the bonnet, she needed something to do.

recovered pillow for nursery

made flannel burpies, embelished some too...gotta use that embroidery machine for something!

knitted sweater set

Made myself "4th trimester" dress....I'm about 32 weeks in this photo.....so couldn't wear the dress now cause the hem would ride up too much, but it will be great for next month!

ok thanks to pics of the apple pie now I want one too! it looks great! LOL!
WOW!! The Christening dress is just lovely! And the knitted outfit is precious - soooo tiny! I love your 4th trimester dress too... I remember trying to find one when I was pregnant with Alli because I had to go to my Dad's wedding... I ended up with something waaaay too small and semi-inappropriate because they really don't make anything to fit pregnant woman for the last several weeks - and most especially, nothing dressy. Your dress looks so comfortable and appropriate. I really like it a lot - and you look magnificant, as well.

Quote:
Hello All! This is my second post LOL I am brand new to sewing but I love the appliques and found HeatherSue's Hand Appliqueing tutorial to be the BEST! So I thought I would share what I made.

I made this without the bond or stabilizer because I was too impatient to wait.
The skirt was made from the WORST tutorial ever. This was skirt number 4. I learned a lot though! I learned what Selvedge to Selvedge meant and the skirt turned out a lot fuller!

This was my second applique/sewing project using the proper material BUT I put the bow on Minnie upside down. Oops.

My newest creation. I think I have how to make this skirt down so I could do it in my sleep!

These are the only things I have ever sewn so I am still learning a lot. My MIL is helping me put together a toddler Christmas dress so I am learning to sew from a pattern too.
Everything looks so fabulous!! You are doing a great job! Have you tried Carla C's patterns yet? They are remarkable, and they really will bring your sewing to a whole new level. There are things that she teaches in her patterns that I still use every single day. Just do a search for Carla C at youcanmakethis.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
I've been lurking looking at all your gorgeous creations for a while! I'm a newbie at sewing and after being inspired by all of you I've made trick or treat bags, my DS6 caterpillar (Alice in Wonderland cartoon) costume for MNSSHP, my husbands Mad hatter shirt (appliqued that's to the tutorial yall posted) and a Halloween shower curtain. I'm looking forward to learning more and I have one question.... When you applique what do you use to for lack of a better word "pad" the the thread on the inside of the item so it's not so scratchy?
I just wanted to say "Welcome"! Since I usually don't make clothing items, I can't really answer your question, but on the occasional times I do make them, I make my girls wear tank tops under their shirts.

Quote:

Here is what I finished today. A dancing cow jumper/dress. This was the first time I made my own bias tape and it was very easy. I just used the method with the needle and the ironing board. It was simple!

Here is a close up of the dancing cow applique. It is hard to see but the dark pink vertical stripes on the skirt have a cow, a cat and a frog wearing ballet tutus and dancing. I wanted a dancing cow for the bodice but I already had this cow design so I just added the tutu after it was stitched out.

Also, tonight is the launch that I talked about previously. I can't wait until it is over so I can share pictures of my launch dresses with you. I was very happy with how they turned out.
I love this - and those fabrics are so cute! I can't wait to see your launch items too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post

Diane, I tried bias tape with the needle and ironing board method and mine didn't work at all I'm jealous that yours turned out so good.
I use this method a lot too, I've found that it's a bit tricky to do, and you have to go slow.

Quote:
I am working on a Halloween set for dd -- appliqued the shirt yesterday and started the jeans. I didn't do anything on it today though. Now my neck/shoulder/jaw is sore and stiff and my arm is a bit sore too. You will all be glad to know I am going to the doctor's late tomorrow afternoon -- it was the only time they could get me in. Hopefully I just pinched a nerve, but I am not so convinced with all the weird viral symptoms I've had lately. And my ha's are coming back too I'm sure they'll tell me I have a virus or the flu and need to suck it up. But I need some pain meds as the OTC doesn't cut it.
I can't wait to see your halloween set...

I hope the Dr figures it out today and you are able to get some meds, so you can get back to normal.

Quote:
First, in awe, like everyone else, that those are all hand appliqués. But second, holy cats that is a neat, amazing sewing area. In my mind mine looks like that, but in my reality it's me digging through piles of stuff to find scissors I JUST HAD!
Thanks! I lose things too... trust me.

Quote:
Sorry I had to save before I was done, my kids were beating the heck out of each other. We just got back from 6 days in the middle of nowhere wisconsin, which was beautiful, relaxing and stressful all at once. Every night I just kept thinking of all the things I still want to get done before our trip less than 3 weeks away. But I got to spend my birthday in the woods without internet/cell reception and with my amazing husband and our equally amazing progeny. If you're interested in some amazing fall colors, I can't recommend enough Door County Wisconsin around the first week in October. Never disappoints. Though I can't wait for Florida in a couple weeks, it was a tad on the chilly side for my tastes...
I was in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago - and I agree, it was just breath taking. The leaves were perfect.

I had to LOL at your cell reception... At one point, my cell kept going into a different time zone. So, when it was noon - my phone said it was 5pm... It's like the twilight zone of connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Your sewing space looks very nice (I remember when you were decorating it). I think I may *need* to thaw another pie this weekend (but we are having guests so it's ok).
Thanks - it's slowly coming together, and it's come a long way - that's for sure! I would still like to get some good fabric shelves from Ikea, at some point soon. And I have the cover for my serger that I would like to get done some day... Oh and my memory board for all the thank you cards I have received since I've started sewing. I really should take one day this week (since it's my "scheduled" week off) and attempt to finish one of these projects. Maybe this weekend?

Again - thank you everyone for the compliments on my sewing room... I know I show pictures of it in my PTR a lot - so I appreciate you all not getting annoyed with me that you had to see them - yet again.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #1206
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc

Love the bowling shirt. he sure looks happy with it too. Great job. looks better than how mine came out, I can't get the front facing to stay down. never watched the Bubble Guppies but the characters look fun and are coming out nice.

I'm glad you got a diagnosis of something. Now that you know what you are dealing with, it can be done more effectively. I read a page or two from your link and it's scary how much it reminded me of my friends son and the problems they have been having getting him diagnosed with something. I sent her the link and she never heard of it but it sounds like the problems they've been having. I think your kids are the exact same age also.

It is the perfect day for cutting huh? I'm sitting outside the doc office listening to the rain on the car roof. I'm early and this is more comfy

Thanks on the shirts. I admit my mom helped quite a bit but the front facing you talk about, is that the placket part? We had to hit the collar part with the iron to get it down a little. Wonder if maybe your button holes shifted the fabric and there fore pull the edge up if you are talking that part.

I'd be interested in what your friend finds out regarding the PCD. We actually had a DHMC pulmonologist put it in the back of our head when he was about 18 months, but to get a true diagnosis a bronchoscopy with biopsy should be done an we didn't want to put him under just for that so we had to wait to coordinate it with one of his surgeries he's had thru the years. They can do a swab through the nose (eek) but that is harder on the little guys so we just waited. Still I'd be interested in what she finds out. Not that I want anyone diagnosed, to know that we helped just 1 person would mean a lot!

Steph

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #1207
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Diane, I tried bias tape with the needle and ironing board method and mine didn't work at all I'm jealous that yours turned out so good.

Now my neck/shoulder/jaw is sore and stiff and my arm is a bit sore too. You will all be glad to know I am going to the doctor's late tomorrow afternoon -- it was the only time they could get me in. Hopefully I just pinched a nerve, but I am not so convinced with all the weird viral symptoms I've had lately. And my ha's are coming back too I'm sure they'll tell me I have a virus or the flu and need to suck it up. But I need some pain meds as the OTC doesn't cut it.
I found that with the bias tape, I had to kind of feed it under the needle and get it started folding correctly for it to work right. When you read the tutorials, they give you the impression that all you have to do is stick the fabric under the needle and it automatically pulls through and becomes bias tape.

I hope that the dr can diagnose why you have been feeling so poorly and get you some medications so that you start feeling better. Let us know what happens.

Quote:

Am I a terrible mom that I wanted to put my kids in bed at 6 p.m. so I can get back into my sewing room for the 1st time in a week??
Sounds like a good plan to me. LOL!

Quote:

I don't know who the Bubble Guppies are, but the shirt sure is cute. I love the Sesame Street shirt. The colors are awesome and he looks adorable in it.

Quote:
Checked out the launch dresses last night and can't wait to be able to ask what some of the patterns were and maybe someone can answer because there were a few that I really want to do that design.

I think that there are a few Vidas and several Grace ruffle dresses. The Vida is a Farbenmix pattern and the Grace dress is from Funktional Threads. A couple of them I think the designers may have created themselves. I have been thinking of buying the Grace pattern myself. If you end up deciding to buy the Grace ruffle dress pattern, buy it through her Etsy store because you can get it in a package deal together with the Audrey ruffle skirt. I just bought another new pattern from Ellie Inspired last night. She has a new skort pattern that looked really cute and it is 1/2 off on her website. I love that is seems quite versatile.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #1208
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

Thanks you! I am really enjoying sewing, it is a great relaxation aid for me. I also make hair bows which is also relaxing, it takes just enough of my mind so that I cant fret about other things but not enough that it is overly stressful.

Well I should say not overly stressful when things are cooperating LOL I learned my machine does not like cheap thread and my machine does not like nearly empty bobbins. Bad things happen. Thank you for the recommendation for the Carla C patterns I see a lot of cute things to make. I would like to make my sons stuff too and I love those bowling shirts. First though is to get through this Christmas dress, mostly I just don't understand the lingo and the pictures on the pattern do not "speak" to me. My MIL looks at them and is like okay this is what they want you to do and I am just like you got that from this little picture!!??

I LOVE the creations that have been posted here and it is very inspiring to see what can be done at home. I tend to forget that things at the store are actually sewn at some point!
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #1209
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I'll look for the sulky... I used a stabilizer but it was a tear away and its still scratchy... just happy to actually learn new things and this group is just the ticket for it!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1210
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I should say not overly stressful when things are cooperating LOL I learned my machine does not like cheap thread and my machine does not like nearly empty bobbins. Bad things happen. Thank you for the recommendation for the Carla C patterns I see a lot of cute things to make. I would like to make my sons stuff too and I love those bowling shirts. First though is to get through this Christmas dress, mostly I just don't understand the lingo and the pictures on the pattern do not "speak" to me. My MIL looks at them and is like okay this is what they want you to do and I am just like you got that from this little picture!!??
Go to Youtube and see if you can find some basic sewing videos. It is a super resource and one of the first places that I check if I want to learn some new technique. The videos are so much easier to understand than trying to decipher the written directions and little pictures that come with the patterns. Also, CarlaC's patterns are more like sewing tutorials with great explanations. They are definitely worth the $$$.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1211
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

I love YouTube tutorials It along with the Heathersue tutorial are how I have got anything done thus far! The people on there are just fabulous for sharing their knowledge and on here too. I might be searching out the wrong thing for the patterns though because I have watched cutting pattern videos until my eyes bled and then moved onto marking the pattern videos (which is when the first call to MIL went out LOL) and now I am to putting the pieces together...hmmmm maybe search for "putting pattern pieces together??" I am on pattern number two though because I was happily cutting along and cutting all the wrong sizes out..grrrr...I knew from the YouTube that I should have circled my size on the packet but got ahead of myself and well the size medium I needed was cut to XS...learning learning learning...lesson number 599....
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1212
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
I think that there are a few Vidas and several Grace ruffle dresses. The Vida is a Farbenmix pattern and the Grace dress is from Funktional Threads. A couple of them I think the designers may have created themselves. I have been thinking of buying the Grace pattern myself. If you end up deciding to buy the Grace ruffle dress pattern, buy it through her Etsy store because you can get it in a package deal together with the Audrey ruffle skirt. I just bought another new pattern from Ellie Inspired last night. She has a new skort pattern that looked really cute and it is 1/2 off on her website. I love that is seems quite versatile.
The one's I loved were by Heavenleigh Blessings Boutique and were princessy and had puffy sleeves.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1213
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc

The one's I loved were by Heavenleigh Blessings Boutique and were princessy and had puffy sleeves.
That is a brand new pattern the Lauren. They were pattern testers for Lisa. It should be out very soon.

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
EEs*Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #1214
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilnStitchy View Post

super cute!! I found it easier to just use regular cotton to make pillowcase dresses, not actual pillowcases, they were too soft and slippery.

Quote:

D~
as always D~ your sewing is jaw dropping but everytime I see those little cones of thread lined up on the shelf in color order I get a huge pang of jealousy I used to do that with my crayons as a kid and I want enough thread colors to do it with too!!

Quote:

super cute!!!

Quote:

I love the dancing cow...how cute!!!!

Quote:

Glad you finally got a diagnosis ans I hope the Drs can help
Love the shirt and BG stuff too!

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #1215
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see your question got answered. I love that new pattern and I can't wait for it to be released. Did you see the dress that lights up and the matching headbow? They are amazing, aren't they?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: