Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #541
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm so excited to have brunch on the Dream!!! I love the pictures of all the desserts....mmmmmmm.

I love your ultimate cooling pose in the pool. I really did like the Magic adult area better. I haven't actually been in he Dreams pool, but I can tell the set up isn't as good.
I hope to get a little play time there this trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #542
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the dessert pics!

That pool layout just looks awful! I liked the adult pool on the Magic, only trouble was our first 2 sea days were so rockin that i was either OK, or had to jump to keep my head above water. I'm only 5'2"...
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #543
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I actually quite like the adult pool on the DREAM. But then, we only use it during the first show and while the first dinner seating is on. It's like having the whole ship to yourself! LOVE it!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #544
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Still following along with the great time!! Everything seems so fun and yummy and fun and...well yummy and fun and.... Adult area seems like it wasn't as well thought out... though still fun and yummy.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #545
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OMG DESSERT YUMM!!!

The 666 deck does look better outfitted with chairs then on the magic. For those of us sun worshipers! I LOVE the keep cool pose.. You even got young McHotty to do it!Good job girls!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #546
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I'm going to do a quick update, then I'll go back for replies-

We showered up and got semi-dressed for the night- well, I put my hair in pigtails, anyway... tonight was Pirate Night, and you KNOW we were ALL going to do you proud! In the meantime, Kara, Joan and I decided we wanted to check out a Mouse Caper-

We never did find all those puppies,but WOW was this ever cool- I would definitely make time for it on every cruise in the future- just amazing what Disney can do!
Our puppy hunt was interrupted when we headed over to Pink, where Cammie would be joining us for our very own Champagne tasting!

Ya see, when we were going to book the official champagne tasting, we were too late- so we said, why not just make up our own? We explained to Alenka what we would like to do- have a champagne tasting, and at first, she said she couldn't do that- but when we explained we were not looking for her to repeat what the "official" tasting was, that we woould choose some champagnes to try, and she could just split a glass or two of each between the four of us- well, THAT was no problem!

Our first pour was very nice- theTaittinger was lovely, including the bottle, which had the SHIP on the label!

Cheers!

Next we tried the pink taittinger, which is made specifically for Disney (it's the champagne you see on the wall in Pink) and you can see the PINK on its label as well-

Cheers again!

I just love Pink Champagne! She suggested Rosa Regale next, since we enjoyed Pink, but I said I love it but am very familiar with that one, thought though that maybe we should stick with something drier that we had never tried before instead. So Alenka suggested Lucien Albrecht Cremant d'Alsace Brut. Here is a write up about it I found online-
Lucien Albrecht, Jean's father, pioneered Crémant production in 1971 and helped gain an Appellation Contrôlêe for the wine and for Alsace. The wines vinified by the classic Champagne Method from 100% free run juice, are the best sparkling wines in France outside of Champagne itself. Recently Maison Lucien Albrecht was awarded four gold medals at a comprehensive National I.N.A.O. tasting of all sparkling wines in France, giving the firm more gold medals than any other Crémant producer in France.

This Blanc de Blancs is made from 100% Pinot Blanc. The Blanc de Blancs is distinguished by a fine and elegant bead, a beautiful straw color; a light, delicate palate. It is delicious at any time of the day and with many foods.

That sparkler was FABULOUS!!!! Wow, was this Champagne tasting is a LOT of fun! Alenka really tried her best to help us choose champagnes we might not have tried before, it was great. Then we thought, whether we have had it before or not, we should give the Fairytale Cuvee a shot since it is another one made just for Disney-

Really, I was not a fan of this one- especially when it was right after that gorgeous Albrecht. We were going to stop at four, but then Alenka thought of another one. And it sounded SOOOOO incredible, and SOOOOO amazing, that we each got our own glass....it was my FAVORITE beverage of the cruise, HANDS DOWN-

Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial, the world's ONLY champagne made specifically to be served over ice- three cubes, exactly. This is from their website-
Moët Ice Impérial, served with 3 ice cubes in a large cabernet-style glass, can be mixed with ingredients that heighten its freshness and aromatic intensity

Mint leaves
Lime or white grapefruit zest
Cucumber peel
A very thin slice of ginger
Cardamon seeds
Red fruits (strawberries, raspberries

They describe the wine as "Intense, fruity and fresh." And I have to say, I think ALL of us would agree. This champagne was INCREDIBLE, so delectable, in fact, some of us had it as much as possible over the rest of our cruise. What made it even more special, if that's possible, is that Ice Imperial is ONLY available in VERY limited release and ONLY in select cities around the world. In the US, I believe Alenka said that would be NYC, Miami, LA, maybe Chicago....and on DCL. GO DISNEY!!!!

Alenka said that when the crew had tried it, they had sampled it with orange, mint or cucumber, lime and lemon- and her favorite was lemon, so we all went with that.

Yummmm...wish I had a glass right now!

This was $15 a glass- but soooooooo worth it! I loved this champagne SO much, in fact, that this summer, when they sold it in limited quantities in just a few places, I bought 2 bottles from a wine shop in NYC and had them shipped to my home. (I think the store was Sherry Lehrman?). One we had on our 26th Anniversary dinner, and the other I am saving for my 50th Birthday in November.....

What we also learned that night was that at 6 ish every evening, in Pink, they come around with these lovely little custard parfaits- I chose raspberry that night-

We had the BEST time with Alenka drinking champagne in Pink, and I KNOW we will be back to do it again- at the very least, I am an Ice fan for LIFE, and I have our friend, Alenka, to thank for that.

Up next- AAAARGH!!!!!! Shiver me timbers, mateys, it be Pirate Night on the Disney Dream!!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 10-12-2012 at 11:48 AM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #547
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm so excited to have brunch on the Dream!!! I love the pictures of all the desserts....mmmmmmm.

I love your ultimate cooling pose in the pool. I really did like the Magic adult area better. I haven't actually been in he Dreams pool, but I can tell the set up isn't as good.
I hope to get a little play time there this trip.
The set up is weird, but they did really improve things on the Fantasy, so hopefully they will make some adjustments on the Dream one day, too. It is a HUGE area devoted to just adults, and I thought that was fantastic! So glad you are going to try brunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the dessert pics!

That pool layout just looks awful! I liked the adult pool on the Magic, only trouble was our first 2 sea days were so rockin that i was either OK, or had to jump to keep my head above water. I'm only 5'2"...
Well, on the Dream you'd better hang onto the side so you don't drown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I actually quite like the adult pool on the DREAM. But then, we only use it during the first show and while the first dinner seating is on. It's like having the whole ship to yourself! LOVE it!
Ooooo....it would be wonderful at that time of day! It IS such a huge area! I think I would enjoy it then, too-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Still following along with the great time!! Everything seems so fun and yummy and fun and...well yummy and fun and.... Adult area seems like it wasn't as well thought out... though still fun and yummy.
YES!! All was fun and yummy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OMG DESSERT YUMM!!!

The 666 deck does look better outfitted with chairs then on the magic. For those of us sun worshipers! I LOVE the keep cool pose.. You even got young McHotty to do it!Good job girls!

Yes, well, of course we did! He couldn't wait to be cool like us!
I think there were tons of chairs- we were always able to find seats- can't say the same for when Pods & I sailed on Explorer- usually the reason we had seats was because our friend Phyllis saved them.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #548
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

We just left the food and wine festival yesterday and they had the Imperial Ice! I didn't try it Just tried the Imperial (which I loved) but I didn't try the Ice because I couldn't imagine putting ice in champagne! Oooooohhhhhh..... Now I wish I had tried it!

Please hurry back with more of your trip report-it's so much fun to read. It must be because this is how I'm spending my Friday night In my defense we just came home from a week at DW and I'm beat!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #549
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
We just left the food and wine festival yesterday and they had the Imperial Ice! I didn't try it Just tried the Imperial (which I loved) but I didn't try the Ice because I couldn't imagine putting ice in champagne! Oooooohhhhhh..... Now I wish I had tried it!

Please hurry back with more of your trip report-it's so much fun to read. It must be because this is how I'm spending my Friday night In my defense we just came home from a week at DW and I'm beat!
It's at F&W? At desserts & champagne or somewhere else? Oooohhhh...... I am even MORE excited to go in 3 weeks now!

And this is my way to spend Friday night this weekend, too. I am flat out exhausted from a very, very busy week, and I have an even busier weekend. Lots and lots of baseball- and a funeral for a friend in the morning.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #550
stinksmom

Yes, Ellen, the good news is they have the Ice Imperial at the Desserts and Champagne kiosk. Enjoy!! But so sorry to hear about your friend
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #551
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
Yes, Ellen, the good news is they have the Ice Imperial at the Desserts and Champagne kiosk. Enjoy!! But so sorry to hear about your friend
Thanks- and thanks- all 3 kids spoke at the funeral- so sad, she died from ALS- she was diagnosed 14 months ago. Really, really sad.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #552
stinksmom

Hugs to you and your friend's family! (I deleted the other stuff because I got it mixed up with ALL)

Last edited by stinksmom; 10-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
stinksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #553
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

been a while since I have checked the boards out.. so

yummy food
cute boys at the adult pool
ahhhh champagne

Sorry about the death in the family

see you all in MAY

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #554
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The tasting looks really fun. I want to try the "Pink" but I don't want to pay the price. I think I heard it was $20 a glass.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #555
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
been a while since I have checked the boards out.. so

yummy food
cute boys at the adult pool
ahhhh champagne

Sorry about the death in the family

see you all in MAY
Is that it.. were not going to hear from you again till MAY lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: