Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #16
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Oh cool on the hotel booking then! Actually I've found the AP rates quite good but never think to look at expedia - when I have I've never found a good deal!

I just don't know about the DLH at Christmas - hoping it will be festive enough - think the SL will be totally Christmassy!

Ha ha about the flights - yes Air France & Flybe fly (well not so sure what is happening with Flybe as they don't appear to have any flights after March 2012 at the mo?). But, she doesn't know that - it's all part of the ploy for telling them, I am such a cruel Mummy as clearly it is bothering her that she doesn't think we can get there anymore AF are much more expensive than EJ were tho! But fortunately we'd booked our flights with AF for this trip back in about Feb this year - so at least they were booked! Not sure when we are going to tell them this time - perhaps the weekend before, don't fancy doing it on the day we go this time... would like them to have a build up over the week I think.

Thank you for the kind offer to stay with you . I keep toying with staying in France next summer for 2 weeks at a key camp site but it's the travel that puts me off - loooong drive for us to the ferry or euro tunnel from here.... Adds a huge amount on to the trip for 2 little girls! But we'd need the car while there so no way we could fly - to fly and hire a car would just be way too expensive! Those sites are really expensive too so just weighing it up. Wouldn't book until after November trip anyway as DH is reserving judgement after all the issues we had in June .

Anyway, you need to sort out some thermals Missy! Mine are sorted - as are the girls. Was eyeing up some new boots or us all at the weekend too - we have snow boots but they aren't up to much! I managed to get DD2 two Disney hoodies and long sleeved tops cheap in Sports Direct at the weekend too - obsessed -moi???
Expedia's Montana room was cheaper then booking with Disney's standard room.

Elsie and I have been watching youtube videos and trust me DLH looks beautiful at christmas. I am hoping for the ginger bread house again this year.

Air France are a lot more expensive but I wondered if easy jet were canceling Paris flights due to Air France.

I have bought Elsie some thermal tights to wear under her fleece lined jeans and bought some water proof snow boots.
I really struggle with buying clothes for Elsie. She is only wearing 3-6 months some 6-9 so trying to find a snow suit for her is hard because they all still have the feet because babies that age aren't actually walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsobelJackmummy View Post
Ha ha! Knew it wouldn't be long.

I love SL, only staying at NY next time as DH wants a hot breakfast, and the price was only a tiny bit more. But I would still opt for SL every time (unless DLH was the same price-I wish!)
We stayed at HNY in March and it is lovely! I would love to have the hot breakfast items but couldn't afford the extra £££'s for HNY. we could always treat our selves to breakfast at Inventions one morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
OMG....honestly...you are not seriously doubting how beautiful the DLH is with christmas decs etc?? Please please please trust me....from someone who has stayed at SL and DLH several times at Christmas...you will LOVE the DLH...it has THE most beautiful xmas decs...truly victorian in style!! its in a class of its own
I agree DLH will be beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
of course the SL is VERY beautiful at this time of year too
I know I can't wait :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2threemonsters View Post
Just to let you know we did early Dec last year (perhaps 4/5 days after the 2nd) and it was just magical. There were hardly any crowds, most rides were walk on's and we could pick our spot for the parades! Absolutely fantastic!!!

I would do the same again this year but the silly OH has decided for us to get married next summer and spend 3 weeks on honeymoon in Italy (pfff not DLH) and so the kids miss time off school then. Therefore we are going NYE which will be great but its cost us 4 times more than early Dec and we know the crowds will be horrendous!

Where abouts are you based for travel? We are in Nottingham and we quite enjoy the drive - my OH wont have it any other way now as he loves being able to pack the car full. My boys LOVE P&O ferries and the extra £20 we pay for a Premier Inn the night before is soooo worth it as we are all excited about getting up early for the ferry! If we split the drive into 2 halves like that its only 3 hours ish each side. We spend more than that in the car some days running errands! Also we did Eurocamp (North Paris site) and it was fantastic for the kids. We went early June and there was sooo much on site for the kids we could have stayed there longer. So many nice families around and the kids made friends easily.
Really? That's good! Though if it is cold I think we will just be circulating Princess Pavilion with the I pad to keep Elsie occupied lol!
I just hope they haven't skimped on Christmas this year because Dreams is costing so much money!

Oh what a silly OH lol Sounds amazing though I love Italy I hope I get to go back one day!

We are near Bristol airport! DH only has 2 days off work so dont want to use them driving. I love it when we drive there as I find road trips very exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I agree one thousand percent with nicola - the DLH is absolutely stunning at Christmas season, just beautiful. You guys are making me want to go again for Christmas (it was always my favourite season at DLP, but Halloween was always my DD's, and Sonya's photos have put me right in the mood for another Halloween trip too).

Congrats on the booking Tinks!
Thank you! I would love to do Halloween but with a Oct 2014 WDW trip in the planning it will be a long time till we got to DLP in Oct.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Yay!!!!

We stayed at SL for Christmas season last year and it will not disappoint.

We're going back again (in 43 days!) but staying at HNY as it's DH's fave.

Re:Santa, get there at rope drop and you'll be through in 10-20 minutes max. Write your letter to Santa afterwards though or the queue will start to build up!

I can't wait to go back, my last TR has a little video of some of the Christmassy bits if you need any help to get you in a festive mood....!!

p.s. I am soooo doing Halloween next year!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

No afaik the 2nd-3rd-4th are good ..at least in France there are no holidays

Happy planning

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #19
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle
Yay!!!!

We stayed at SL for Christmas season last year and it will not disappoint.

We're going back again (in 43 days!) but staying at HNY as it's DH's fave.

Re:Santa, get there at rope drop and you'll be through in 10-20 minutes max. Write your letter to Santa afterwards though or the queue will start to build up!

I can't wait to go back, my last TR has a little video of some of the Christmassy bits if you need any help to get you in a festive mood....!!

p.s. I am soooo doing Halloween next year!!
Thanks I'll have to have a look when I'm on the laptop.

Hotel new York is lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat
No afaik the 2nd-3rd-4th are good ..at least in France there are no holidays

Happy planning
Oh good we don't arrive till 9pm on the 2nd so don't mind if it is busy then lol x
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Congratulations on the booking
Christmas season is very special especially with little ones.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
dopeydons
Earning My Ears

I am going on the 2nd too! Wish it would hurry up!
dopeydons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Oooh thanks for the comment about the DLH - I knew it would be christmassy but had in my mind that SL would be moreso due to woodland theming etc. I loved the gingerbread house last year and really hope it returns. Also loved the Duffy decorated tree but I know some hated it, and with Duffy being shelved slightly, I doubt it will return.

I keep reading that the 20th decs will be better than ever - but they often say that don't they - can't read too much into their hype

Leanne - try Vertbaudet for snowsuit - I know I got one years ago for DD2 which had zip off feet. Because they are french, their sizing is small so Elsie might be in a slightly bigger size meaning it might have removable feet? Worth a try.... Or, have you looked at JoJoMamanBebe's polartec fleeces - they are amazing - although not padded, they are really, really warm and have cuffs and feet you can fold back. DD2 had 3 of them, each year a new size as I loved them so much.

Mum to Belle - sorry, what do you mean write your letter afterwards? Do you have to do it on special paper after seeing Santa? I was hoping to take my girls already written - is that not allowed? Having said that, I've read so many people say they got letters after Christmas - if this is the case is it worth doing? What does it say if it comes after Christmas?

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

looks like there will be a few of us there -how exciting !!!!

Offsite 1996 Sequoia Lodge 2003 Cheyenne 2004 Santa Fe 2010 POFQ 2011 Hotel New York 2012 POFQ 2015
princessjodiebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Congratulations on the booking
Christmas season is very special especially with little ones.
Thank you I hope so DD got so excited just in John Lewis last week when she saw the trees so hopefully in Disneyland Paris it will be such a grand scale she will love it :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeydons View Post
I am going on the 2nd too! Wish it would hurry up!
I have started putting things in the suitcase already

Quote:
Oooh thanks for the comment about the DLH - I knew it would be christmassy but had in my mind that SL would be moreso due to woodland theming etc. I loved the gingerbread house last year and really hope it returns. Also loved the Duffy decorated tree but I know some hated it, and with Duffy being shelved slightly, I doubt it will return.

I keep reading that the 20th decs will be better than ever - but they often say that don't they - can't read too much into their hype

Leanne - try Vertbaudet for snowsuit - I know I got one years ago for DD2 which had zip off feet. Because they are french, their sizing is small so Elsie might be in a slightly bigger size meaning it might have removable feet? Worth a try.... Or, have you looked at JoJoMamanBebe's polartec fleeces - they are amazing - although not padded, they are really, really warm and have cuffs and feet you can fold back. DD2 had 3 of them, each year a new size as I loved them so much.

Mum to Belle - sorry, what do you mean write your letter afterwards? Do you have to do it on special paper after seeing Santa? I was hoping to take my girls already written - is that not allowed? Having said that, I've read so many people say they got letters after Christmas - if this is the case is it worth doing? What does it say if it comes after Christmas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSpAO6o-HT0

This video has film of DLH at Christmas just gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjodiebo View Post
looks like there will be a few of us there -how exciting !!!!
Yeah will have to look out for each other! I would suggest a meet but as we only have one day in the park I think we will be busy!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Re thè snow suits, I had the same issue with my daughter, as she is small. I would cut the feet off suits and then sew up the seam!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Re thè snow suits, I had the same issue with my daughter, as she is small. I would cut the feet off suits and then sew up the seam!
May have to ask mum help I am useless at that sort of thing lol!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
May have to ask mum help I am useless at that sort of thing lol!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #28
lush
Mouseketeer

We're going at the end of November, come back a few days before you arrive. I absolutely love Christmas time at DLP, so so so special.

I got my DD a snowsuit out of Lidl last year that had detachable feet and gloves, might be worth looking at.

I bought DD a gorgeous coat in Sainsburys today. It's a padded dark teal coat with a Mickey head pattern all over it and Minnie on the front and back. Pink furry lining, fur round the hood and detachable gloves. I'd already bought her a winter coat but just had to get it.

Sequoia Lodge is fabulous at that time of year. We had originally booked it but then when a flash sale came up it ended up that I could upgrade to the HNY with half board plus for not much more. I really dithered over it though!!

June 1992 - Offsite DLP November 1996 - DLP Santa Fe November 1997 - DLP Santa Fe November 1998 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne November 1999 - DLP Newport Bay November 2000 - DLP Newport Bay November 2001 - DLP Newport Bay November 2002 - DLP Newport Bay November 2003 - DLP Newport Bay November 2004 - DLP Newport Bay July 2006 - WDW Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom November 2008 - DLP Sequoia Lodge November 2012 - DLP Hotel New York March 2013 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne May 2015 - Windsor Hills Walt Disney World
lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Yes you can write them before you go, they give you a special envelope to put them in with your contact details on the back for Santa to send you a postcard! Think it arrived some time in the New Year, but DD was still happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSpAO6o-HT0

This video has film of DLH at Christmas just gorgeous!
Great video of the Christmas season!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
netimka
Mouseketeer

Quote:

tresspass got some nice staff for kids...

http://www.trespass.co.uk/kids/babie...hing/ski-suits

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: