Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

budget headache!

Ive tried to work out a rough budget, based on an estimate of 30 guests and sticking to the minimum and ive managed to do it without the MK photoshoot (ill add this last minute if theres a slot and room in the budget) and without a dessert party- as lovely as it would be cant justify spending so much on dessert and a party that lasts an hour! so im trying to think of something else for the evening! ideas so far- either having a 5pm ceremony so the cocktail hour and reception will finish late ish and leave it at that! or as i love love love pat obriens duelling piano bar at city walk, im thinking jellyrolls! will we stick out like a sore thumb in bridal wear though? has anyone any other ideas of places to go after the reception? i wish disney let you have longer than a 4 hour reception so i could have a private evening celebration but i guess thats what dessert parties are for
nickipoo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #32
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Hey! I've been to Jellyrolls tons and tons of times and several times I've seen bridal parties! In fact, that is ideally what I wanted to do after my wedding, but we scheduled only 5 months outs so we only had a 7:30 slot available and it was too late to go. But I say do it!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

No updates as yet, I've purchased my table numbers and they are fab, pics to follow but that's it really on the wedding front. However we have just returned from 2 amazing weeks at Disney world, last trip before the wedding only 23 months to go lol I will upload some pics when I get a minute. We arrived late afternoon at Saratoga Springs after a bumpy 9 hour flight to find that Disney had upgraded us from a studio to a 1 bed villa in celebration of our 4 year anniversary couldn't believe it, the room was amazing and made the start of the trip so magical (however we've now had to add another £1500 to the wedding budget so we can afford to book a 1 bed villa for our 3 week stay in sept 2014 damn you Disney lol)

Anyway we had a fun filled vacation, we had the dining plan so had some of the best food ever! Highlights include jiko, yachtsman steakhouse twice, nine dragons, rose and crown, t-Rex (I loved this place, cheesy theming but so much fun, loving the cotton candy cocktails). Managed to visit every Disney park and get pics with characters I haven't seen before especially at MNSSHP (well worth queuing up at 6 for a pic with the dwarves and me dressed as snow white), some great days at downtown Disney, couple of trips to universal (Disney really needs to create a new ride that matches how freakin brilliant the Harry Potter ride is, seriously not a HP fan at all but that ride is just wow!), nights out down city walk in my favourite cocktail bar pat o briens, a trip to Halloween Horror Nights (scared the hell out of me, dean loved it), visits to sea world, Busch gardens and the malls squeezed in as well, plus dinner a few times at the cheesecake factory yum yum

only negative i can pick up and its only a minor thing as the amazing disney staff resolved it straight away for us, was a few of the resteraunts where we had appetisers or alcohol that weren't included in the dining plan, were charged to our room despite us telling them we were paying cash and giving the check to the waiters with the cash and telling them it was to cover any extras we ran up and tip, so when we checked out we had a bill for resteraunts we'd already paid for! Luckily the reception staff sorted this for us and cancelled the charges and I'm hoping it was genuine mistakes by the resteraunts and not a sneaky way to get extra tips, but anyway next time if we are on the dining plan we will not give a credit card to reception so nothing can be charged to our room by mistake

all in all though my fav visit ever to Disney and my honeymoon has a lot to live upto to top it haha so sad to be home I wish we lived in America only 6 months to go I guess until we can book our next visit and the real wedding planning can start

Vacation Pics to follow soon
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #34
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip. Look forward to seeing the vacation snaps.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #35
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

I'm so excited!!! I've ordered my wedding dress woohoo!! it's one of the Alfred Angelo Disney range-Diamond Collection Cinderella Limited Edition dress! I went for style 228 the ballgown and yes i am getting it in glass slipper blue!!! i wanted it the minute i tried it on- i also loved dress 229 but the train was HUGE- no way could i have got that from the UK to Florida and back, it was so heavy! i'm so excited the dresses are only available until march so i just had to get it :D only thing is now i need a new colour scheme for the bridesmaids- electric blue completely clashes with my dress! i will still have it for the cake etc but the bridesmaid dresses and the ties are going to have to be a more subtle shade of blue like indigo! plenty of time for that, cant believe im almost at the 18 month mark :D
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #36
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

booked randy chapman woohoo (bit early i know but i wanted to make sure i got him lol)

im def going to upload some pics as my page is a bit boring at the min

i dont know whether to put pics of my dress on in case anyone i know sees it as i want it to be a secret (especially the colour)
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #37
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking randy, sounds like your plans are coming along well Are you still to confirm your date? Would love to see some more planning pics!

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #38
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28 View Post
Congrats on booking randy, sounds like your plans are coming along well Are you still to confirm your date? Would love to see some more planning pics!
thanks, think im done for a while now im skint lol nothing confirmed yet, can start talking to disney in may then officially book my date and pay the deposit in september! wanted to book randy asap though coz i love his pics and the price is amazing especially compared to disney! i like your profile pic, we managed to get one with jack and sally at downtown disney this year
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #39
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickipoo2012

thanks, think im done for a while now im skint lol nothing confirmed yet, can start talking to disney in may then officially book my date and pay the deposit in september! wanted to book randy asap though coz i love his pics and the price is amazing especially compared to disney! i like your profile pic, we managed to get one with jack and sally at downtown disney this year
I just found your PJ...I started mine super early too. I love your plans so far. I can't wait to be able to book my date this fall!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #40
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I just found your PJ...I started mine super early too. I love your plans so far. I can't wait to be able to book my date this fall!
congratulations, how strange ive just read your pj too! i love the colour of your ring and your blue hydragea? flowers are so cool, i saw them on the internet at the weekend in a daisy bouquet and im thinking of adding them to mine! 2014 doesnt seem that far away now
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

few snaps from Disney World 2012

cotton-tini at t-rex!

boneyard buffet!

anniversary meal at jiko (my choice)

lush

beauty and the beast!!

marie

dean in his fav shop in epcot lol

duffy!!

daisy duck

stitch

amazing cocktails at nine dragons in epcot

merida was nuts!

crystal palace

Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #42
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

more pics

crystal palace

castle in MK

space chip n dale

the shot i waited all year for

jasmine and genie, another one i was desperate for a pic with

gaston!

awww i love UP!

free upgrade- i loved my jacuzzi bubbles!!

cinderella's royal table

universal studios- dancing with the minions

the simpsons

patrick!!

grasshopper in honour of raaj from the big bang theory

terrified at halloween horror nights

mr smee

my fiance's all time fav film, jack was very impressed with the start of his NBC tattoo sleeve

to infinity and beyond
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #43
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

2nd anniversary meal- yachtsman steakhouse (dean's choice)

gorgeous meal at rose and crown epcot, steak and fish yummy

the cheesecake factory

phineas and ferb

valentines day treat 2013 literally cannot wait for wreck it ralph (we have to wait until feb 2013 in the uk)

tower of terror

i need this cocktail at my wedding if it isnt too expensive

dean loves harry potter so we sampled the butterbeer

hard rock cafe defeated dean

i survived horror nights 2012

my fav drink jagar and red bull- the american bartender didnt believe how we drank jagarbombs in the uk
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #44
nickipoo2012
Earning My Ears

bouquet ideas now i have to change my colour scheme

idea for my bouquet- without the greenery and no white roses, also crystal mickeys instead of the butterfly- not sure whether it will go with the glass slipper blue in my dress so may have to just have the white daisies and crystal mickeys

this one for my bridesmaids- i think i want my flower girls to carry wands and wear fairy wings depending on what dress i put them in, also if my oldest flower girl attends, she will be nearly 8 and might not be into wings and wands lol
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickipoo2012

congratulations, how strange ive just read your pj too! i love the colour of your ring and your blue hydragea? flowers are so cool, i saw them on the internet at the weekend in a daisy bouquet and im thinking of adding them to mine! 2014 doesnt seem that far away now
Aww thank you! It's pretty clear that I love blue so of course I love all your plans I was thinking about trying on the blue dress, but I just kept picturing a white one when I imagined my pictures. The blue dresses are stunning though. I love the flower wand...I think I may use either a wand or a Mickey head pomander for my little flower girl. It's not too far away, but I honestly can't wait to book. I feel like it will actually be real then! Love your pictures of your trip last year. Wizarding World of Harry Potter is such a fu experience!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: