Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 786 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #1846
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

We may be going back next June so I guess it is time for Disney Dinners again. Love all the ideas.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #1847
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
So, this past Saturday was our Aladdin movie night. This was, by far, our hardest movie night...because two out of three of our children were sick. My BFF and her family were supposed to join us, but we didn't want to risk sharing our illness with her kids, so we went it alone.

The invitation:

The decorations weren't what I had planned, but I was unable to find key elements needed for my plan ...so I had to make do with what I could find:

The food...

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pita Chips:

Garlic and Olive Oil CousCous:

Honey Chicken Kabobs

The recipe I used for the kabobs ( http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/08/...en-kabobs.html) turned out delicious!!!

Abu's Caramel Monkey Bread:

Craft Time (I did not even try to get anyone to look at the camera and smile...remember we had sick children):

And the finished product (DH and I made Magic Carpets, too ):

Our next movie night theme with be.......

What better way to feel better than to feel better than a Disney theme night!!!!!!!!!!
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1848
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

Cute Aladdin night. I like your menu and craft. Not sure my girls will like the movie though.
MickeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #1849
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

This is such a great thread!!! I love all the amazing ideas.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #1850
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Just going to pass on that, while doing searches for family night ideas, I found 2 or 3 websites which lift, word-for-word and picture-for-picture, what is written here and repost them, and this thread is all over the place on Pinterest. I'm only mentioning it because these sites are lifting pictures that include people's children (along with names) and houses, and I suspect people may not want that kind of stuff circulated around the internet, on party sites, and via Pinterest.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #1851
jreeves628
Mouseketeer

Which movies would you recommend for 3 year olds? They did ok with three caballeros and Aladdin, but Ratatouille totally bombed . Any movies that have lots of songs and perhaps no villain?
jreeves628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #1852
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628
Which movies would you recommend for 3 year olds? They did ok with three caballeros and Aladdin, but Ratatouille totally bombed . Any movies that have lots of songs and perhaps no villain?
Try Toy Story, Nemo ( my daughter loved it for the colors) or Cars. Any of the Winnie the Pooh movies would be good too.
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #1853
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628
My 2yo likes Cars, Toy Story, Cinderella, any of the Tinkerbells, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo and Lilo and Stitch.

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #1854
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628 View Post
My kids loved Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, and the Winnie the Pooh Movie. Dumbo was a big favorite, and so was The Jungle Book. Lots of great Disney songs in those movies and animals too.

Have fun!

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1855
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

We did Spooky Buddies on Sunday.

Menu:
Mummy Dogs
Blood Red Jello Jigglers
Bat Wings (chips)
Puppy Chow

I bought little pumpkins - since the Buddies are puppies and the kids painted them.

It was a fun way to kick off the Halloween season. The kids have enjoyed watching all of the Halloween shows on Disney and Disney XD.

Our next movie will be the new Tinkerbell movie.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #1856
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Since we have done over 30 Disney nights we have started adding some non Disney movies to our nights, even throwing in some "big kid" movies in the mix at the request of my DH and DS17.

The last "big kid" movie we did was The Hunger Games. No activities or crafts obviously just a fun themed meal

Back to the kids movies, in September we did a Lorax night.

Movie snacks

Coloring pages while we watched the movie

After dinner the kids had cupcakes (which were definately not my best) and played a Lorax memory game

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #1857
myasma
Mouseketeer

The Fox and the Hound and Fun and Fancy Free

My family and i started our Disney Movie nights two weeks ago because we are going back to Disney for the two girls birthday. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures to share as I forgot to buy batteries for my camera. We kicked off the weekly movie nights with The Fox and the Hound.
Dinner:
Copper's Hen House Oven Fried Chicken
Tod's Tots- (tator tots)
Chicken Feed- (Corn)
River run pops (was supposed to be fox track watermelon pops but could not find watermelon at this time of year.)

Activities:
  1. Make and decorate your own tracks: I made this by using a salt dough mixture. I then had all the kids place a foot in the dough. I baked them for about 4 hours at 200 degrees and they decorated these with homemade finger paints
  2. Coloring pages of The Fox and the Hound
  3. Made Hunter hats out of paper plates. (The Kids wore this during the movie.)
Kids Thoughts:
They thought all the food was good though I thought the chicken needed more seasoning. The kids thought the chicken feed was the best part of the dinner. They also did not get to try the river run pops as they all went to bed before they were done. They all loved the activities and in the end the girls asked me to go to bed and that almost never happens.

Fun and Fancy Free

Dinner:
Oven Baked Corn dogs
Magical Beans
Bean stalk Salad
River Run Pops

Activities:
Had face painted to resemble a bear
Made Bongo hats and bows
Plant your own beanstalk: Took five beans, wrapped them in a damp towel, put it in a closed ziplock bag, taped it to the window to get sunlight, and waited for the beanstalk to grow.

Kids Thoughts:
Food: The girls helped me with the corn dogs and these were the hit of the night. All the kids liked the salad but did not like the peppers, though they all did try them. The magical beans were not a hit with any of the kids. I meant to buy baked beans but I forgot and all my sister had was black eyed peas. I thought they were really good though.

Activities: The girls loved getting their face painted and had fun running through the house and pretending to be bears. they looked so cute all dressed up like Bongo. They also thought that the planting a beanstalk idea was really cool. They were eager to wake up the next day to check their plant and were surprised to see signs of growth.

Next week is The Chronicles of Narnia: I will have pictures for that one.
myasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #1858
michaelanndavis
Earning My Ears

We have started it today and the kids loved it
michaelanndavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #1859
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We did a Spooky Buddies movie night last weekend and just did Halloween type things! So fun, the kids had a blast! We had Jack o Lantern burgers, Sweet Potato fries (they are orange!) and then played pin the nose on the pumpkin!

Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #1860
jlm
Mouseketeer

Need some help coming up with "Brave" movie night ideas...haven't seen the movie yet. Hoping to do a theme night when the dvd comes out.
TIA,
Jen

Ben 7

2007 CBR
2008 POR
2010 Poly (holy coldness!! )
2012 Beach Club
jlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: