Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
DisneyDreamer1117
Earning My Ears

Stroller Company

This is just a warning to not use the company MAGIC STROLLERS while on your visit to any part of Orlando. We used them and we got the most horrible service from the I've ever had in my life.

We ordered the city mini double since we had a 7 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. We wanted them to be comfortable of course. We requested a rain cover and did not receive it. Our stroller got soaked while we were inside at dinner and then when we called about it since they didn't provide what we had requested they said to buy ponchos and would refund us the money. We did so, which was $17 we had to eat immediately (and as single moms we were on a very strict/tight budget and didn't have that money). So the person we spoke with said he would bring us a dry stroller to our resort the next morning. The next morning we get the new stroller and trade our old and still very wet one in, only to find the new stroller doesn't have a rain cover in it either. At this point I was thinking, really?! So we didn't go out during the rain at all for this reason that day. Later on my friend who did the reservations of the stroller gets a text from the owner of the company stating that he is confused because there is a rain cover in the old one. We checked all over it and there was most certainly not a rain cover. I knew at that point he was going to give us a huge problem about refunding us our money like he'd suggested in the first place with the ponchos.

I called him this morning after we arrived back home and inquired about the refund, he argued with me for over 5 minutes. When people who are in the same room as you can hear the person yelling on the other end, it's not good. He doesn't want to refund us our money because he has lost out on two strollers and "WE" have cost him a lot of money. I'm sorry but as a customer I didn't appreciate how rude he was, nor do I think we should have to lose our money because they didn't give us what we were told we'd have.

I really just wanted to share this experience so no one would go through what we went through. This was my daughters first trip to Disney and I wanted it to go well for her and us stressing over a soaking wet stroller when we were at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was not what we wanted to do.

DisneyDreamer1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Directly from the Magic Strollers Website:
"Do you offer rain covers?

We currently offer rain covers on request at no charge. We have limited quantities and can't guarantee that you will receive one with your stroller rental."

In my opinion, they are absolutely in the right for not providing a refund. They already went above and beyond when they provided you with a second stroller. When the stroller arrived without a rain cover, it was your responsibility to find some other way to rain proof the stroller. Instead you blamed them for not providing a rain cover, although there was no promise or guarantee that you would get one. In fact, the opposite was stated. So yeah, like I said, I don't think you are entitled to a refund at all.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
DisneyDreamer1117
Earning My Ears

I'm confused as to whether or not you read the whole post. The owner of the company stated he would refund us our money if we bought the ponchos seeing as we were CONFIRMED to have a rain cover. As the owner of a company you shouldn't tell someone you will do something and then go argue with the customer over what you've already said YOU WOULD DO. I'm sorry if you're confused on what occured, but I am trying to let parents know what to expect if they so choose to use such a company.

DisneyDreamer1117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: