Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
JAMIESMITH
DIS Veteran

Wrapping Up at Animal Kingdom

After Flights of Wonder, we were all getting really hungry. We decided to head on over to Flame Tree Barbeque and get some lunch. When we were in sight of the restaraunt, my husband pointed out Dug and Russell from Up and Madilyn wanted to stop and meet them.

Madilyn petting Dug's ear and telling him what a good dog he is Dug "licked her" after that, but I didn't get a good picture of it!

Hugging Russell.

And a couple more...

Once again, no pictures of our food. Marie got the Chicken Sandwich, Jamie got the Pork Sandwich and a side of fries, I got the ribs, and Madilyn had a hot dog. Jamie and I both had chocolate mousse for dessert. Marie had the key lime mousse and Madilyn had a chocolate chip cookie. The food was all really good, but it was a little hard to carry it all to the seating area. The bottom broke out of the first chair I sat in (I'm not THAT fat ). I got another one from a nearby empty table and pointed the broken one out to a cast member. She removed it from the seating area. Madilyn enjoyed feeding her grapes to the birds (I know you're not supposed to ). This was my favorite quck service meal of our trip and I would definitely eat here again.

A shot of Marie and Madilyn right after lunch.

A shot of Madilyn and me.

Just a picture of Everest.

We headed over to Dinoland and were able to ride Dinosaur. I was really proud of Madilyn for not freaking out on the ride! I didn't realize it would be quite so scary! My husband found the smoking area near the ride's exit. I really wanted to see the Jammin' Jungle Parade, but we would have to kill almost two hours before the parade and we were all pretty tired (and I know my jeans were still soaked!). We decided to head back to our hotel and chill out a while before our dinner reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Disney's Boardwalk Villas January 2015 Desperate For More Disney Magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: