Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #1216
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Which room view can you see wishes... Wood view or lake view... Thanks!!
Check out post #2 on the first page of this thread. It has detailed descriptions of every view.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #1217
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

I received a pin for 35% off the WL in September 2013. Right now we are holding a standard room. Is courtyard view worth the extra money??

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #1218
mslhb
Mouseketeer

LOL! That pic is awesome. When I 1st read your post it was on my Iphone and for some reason this was the only picture that was showing... so for a second I thought you were serious. This is exactly what I was hoping not to see. Thanks so much for the pics and managing these WL threads. They have made my trip planning so much easier and more fun!!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #1219
rachdd
Mouseketeer

For our upcoming trip we were thinking we would walk over to the Fort to look at all of the Christmas displays and decorations I keep hearing about. I wanted to book a sleigh ride but could not figure out when would be a good time BUT, we will have a rental car. Can you drive thru the campgrounds?? This is one of the only things I haven't planned/thought through all the way.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #1220
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
I received a pin for 35% off the WL in September 2013. Right now we are holding a standard room. Is courtyard view worth the extra money??
At 35% off....you betcha!!!!!!!

Yay for you!!!! We are hoping for a July 2013 discount!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 10-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #1221
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680
We got the same pin! Right now we are booked in a standard room for 8 nights, but we are considering switching to a Disney cruise

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #1222
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Sure hope we get a discount too

Mind you, we'll go anyway but it means more money to spend on other stuff...

Like the extra little trip to Paris and Disneyland end of november
We were talking about going somewhere chrismassy for the weekend and then hubby says why don't we go to Disney? only 3,5 hours by train and when I wnet to look how much that would be: a special sale with discounts of 50% valid for four more hours. So we immediatly booked

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, life is good
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #1223
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd
For our upcoming trip we were thinking we would walk over to the Fort to look at all of the Christmas displays and decorations I keep hearing about. I wanted to book a sleigh ride but could not figure out when would be a good time BUT, we will have a rental car. Can you drive thru the campgrounds?? This is one of the only things I haven't planned/thought through all the way.
I am not sure about a car, but what we are doing instead of the sleigh ride is renting a golf cart at FW. The rental is for 24 hours (although we will just use It for a few hours) and costs about $65 including tax. You can reserve them ahead of time by calling 407-824-2742.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #1224
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming

We love the inner courtyard view. We had one with bunkbeds on the sixth floor of the south wing, I think the room was 6157. Fantastic view! You could see from the lobby area on the left to the lake on the right. Also, you could see the top of the Contemporary (California Grill). Only "complaint" was having loud people in the pool after midnight. I used it as an excuse to sit out on the balcony on watch their shenanigans.
Thanks, I was thinking inner courtyard. I will call when the systems are back up and running to make my request

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #1225
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
Re-subbing!

WL and AKL are my favorite resorts. Sadly I am not staying at either anytime soon ,,,,

HOwever, I am going to live vicariously through all of you!!!
Welcome back - pull up a rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
kook! that first hairdryer pic made me spit out my coffee!!!
Oh, no! Did you have to suction out your keyboard or is it just on your screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Which room view can you see wishes... Wood view or lake view... Thanks!!
Welcome, chimommy. Only from a Woods View room on an upper floor in the North Wing can you really see Bay Lake. The trees obscure much of the lake from most Woods View rooms. BTW, there isn't a bookable Water or Lake View at WL, but if you book a Courtyard View and request INNER or WL, then you will have a view of Bay Lake, if your request is met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Check out post #2 on the first page of this thread. It has detailed descriptions of every view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
I think so, as long as it's an INNER Courtyard View. Those rooms look into the WL courtyard, geyser, pool and Bay Lake. There are PA annoucements and music in the late afternoon at the pool party for 2-3 hours, but with your door closed, it's not bad at all.

The view is amazing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhb View Post

LOL! That pic is awesome. When I 1st read your post it was on my Iphone and for some reason this was the only picture that was showing... so for a second I thought you were serious. This is exactly what I was hoping not to see. Thanks so much for the pics and managing these WL threads. They have made my trip planning so much easier and more fun!!
You're welcome and sorry for the dryer scare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
I know that if you have a cabin you obviously have to drive to it, but I don't know if they allow guests without a FW reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Sure hope we get a discount too

Mind you, we'll go anyway but it means more money to spend on other stuff...

Like the extra little trip to Paris and Disneyland end of november
We were talking about going somewhere chrismassy for the weekend and then hubby says why don't we go to Disney? only 3,5 hours by train and when I wnet to look how much that would be: a special sale with discounts of 50% valid for four more hours. So we immediatly booked

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, life is good
What fun! Will you be posting a DLP TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thanks, I was thinking inner courtyard. I will call when the systems are back up and running to make my request

Inner courtyard is what I would request and a high floor.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #1226
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome back - pull up a rocker

Welcome, chimommy. Only from a Woods View room on an upper floor in the North Wing can you really see Bay Lake. The trees obscure much of the lake from most Woods View rooms. BTW, there isn't a bookable Water or Lake View at WL, but if you book a Courtyard View and request INNER or WL, then you will have a view of Bay Lake, if your request is met.

Thanks for the welcome and the help! I hope I can get a pin... 35% off would be great. Trying to decied if we want to go next sept or dec. We have been twice in sept but have not stayed at a disney resort. We are trying to pick btw poly, wl or bc. I think we are leaning towards wl.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #1227
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Try again tomorrow night when the system comes back up. I tried 3 times to move my WL trip and twice WL showed as sold out, 3rd time it finally popped up! Good luck!!!

Thanks, I will keep trying once the system comes back up. I thought it was weird that ALL of Disney would be booked, but figured it was just my luck and the holiday weekend. It would have summed up the month I'm having Hoping for luck tomorrow!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #1228
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Hi gang! I've been MIA for a few weeks (ok, well, since we switched from WL to POR)...I just wanted to say it's only 1 more week til the ladies head down to WDW....who was it that we were looking to meet up with that will be at WL next weekend? I have to go back through the thread & figure it out!

We do have an ADR for WCC on Sat 10/20 if anyone's around let me now & we'll say hello!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #1229
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
You can drive over to and through the campground but may we suggest riding the boat over so you can leisurely stroll around and look or rent the golf cart as OP suggested. There are decorations to be seen near Trails End and hoop Dee Doo that may be missed if only driving your car around the campground.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #1230
chimommy
Mouseketeer

if you recently received at 35% off pin... how were you notified? Is it worth calling to see if I have a pin attached to my name?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: