Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #211
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - A 5 minute wait for RnR when the posted wait time was 40 minutes? that's awesome!

Wish I could see your pictures right now, but I'm at work. boo!

I did read your Yachtman review and it sounds wonderful. I think I want to eat there this summer with DH. It's one of the few signatures I haven't tried, probably because I always pick fish or seafood over beef. But I am sure the filets are amazing.

Thanks for the warning about the chees goo.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #212
sushi candy
Foodie

Love the photos, Brenda! Especially the ToT. I always find it off that the wait times for TSM is so nuts. We did the fast pass to that one. I also liked the photo of the Fantasyland expansion. I wish we had stopped by and did One Man's Dream.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #213
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Catching up on your report now - love the photos from DHS! Together, the 'front' of DHS (Hollywood & Sunset Boulevard) is one of my favorite themed areas in a WDW park. Your RnRC pics are so entertaining.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #214
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Love those character photos! I never knew about characterpalooza either. You guys looked like you had so much fun!
Thanks Alysa! I stop everything and drag my family along when I see some of the unique characters. They are not as thrilled as me apparently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Love that first RnRC!!! Great faces
Love the character interactions, I didn't know about that, I'm definitely going to check that out with DD!
Can't wait for BLT update, that's where we are staying
Oh how wonderful that you are staying at my favorite resort!!! Do you have a lake view, theme park view or standard view? It is really a wonderful resort - very quiet and obviously convenient to all the monorail resorts/restaurants.

Yeah, that first photo was our silly look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - A 5 minute wait for RnR when the posted wait time was 40 minutes? that's awesome!

Wish I could see your pictures right now, but I'm at work. boo!

I did read your Yachtman review and it sounds wonderful. I think I want to eat there this summer with DH. It's one of the few signatures I haven't tried, probably because I always pick fish or seafood over beef. But I am sure the filets are amazing.

Thanks for the warning about the chees goo.
Hi Mary Ellen! The RnRC wait was completely unexpected - the wait time must not have been updated or some glitch??

Yachtsman also has a great fish option, Columbia River Salmon. It might be worth checking out. And yes, you have been sufficiently warned about the goo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
Love the photos, Brenda! Especially the ToT. I always find it off that the wait times for TSM is so nuts. We did the fast pass to that one. I also liked the photo of the Fantasyland expansion. I wish we had stopped by and did One Man's Dream.
I need to make it early enough to DHS to get fast passes for TSM next time! I love the queue at DHS better than DCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Catching up on your report now - love the photos from DHS! Together, the 'front' of DHS (Hollywood & Sunset Boulevard) is one of my favorite themed areas in a WDW park. Your RnRC pics are so entertaining.
Hi there Mr. DDW! The entrance area sure makes for a great first impression! Plus Sweet Spells isn't too far away... it has some magnetic pull for me now that I always get a carrot cake cookie there!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #215
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

I was a bit behind and all caught up now. Great updates again.

After seeing Em's face on RnRC, I don't think I will be going on it!

Can't wait to read about Bay Lake Tower, I LOVE it there!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #216
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh good...I wasn't as far behind as I thought I was.

I don't recall if I commented on it before, but I love the photo of the threeof you on TOT! Priceless.

What a fun afternoon at the Studios. Great character photos...we got to see the characters from the Incredibles this trip too and had a blast.

Okay, I should now be able to keep up because yours was the second to last thread I had to catch up on.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #217
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Oh how wonderful that you are staying at my favorite resort!!! Do you have a lake view, theme park view or standard view? It is really a wonderful resort - very quiet and obviously convenient to all the monorail resorts/restaurants.

Yeah, that first photo was our silly look.
We have a theme park view!! I'm so excited! Fireworks from our balcony! I'm happy that we will be so close to MK with DD!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #218
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I was a bit behind and all caught up now. Great updates again.

After seeing Em's face on RnRC, I don't think I will be going on it!

Can't wait to read about Bay Lake Tower, I LOVE it there!
Hi Lisa29followed by more #s!! I think Em's face was a fake out. She's a thrill ride junkie so no real fear for her!

BLT is a must do for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh good...I wasn't as far behind as I thought I was.

I don't recall if I commented on it before, but I love the photo of the threeof you on TOT! Priceless.

What a fun afternoon at the Studios. Great character photos...we got to see the characters from the Incredibles this trip too and had a blast.

Okay, I should now be able to keep up because yours was the second to last thread I had to catch up on.
Ha ha! Kathy you are probably getting caught up quicker than me since I'm trying to get this updated and then stroll along and check in on my favorite Chicago burb's TR Diser!!

Love the Incredibles - did you get photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
We have a theme park view!! I'm so excited! Fireworks from our balcony! I'm happy that we will be so close to MK with DD!
Hi there! HOW AMAZING!! I not only love seeing fireworks from the balcony (when we're in the room which only happened once last trip) but seeing Seven Seas lagoon and the boats and watching the monorail and seeing the train at the front of MK and seeing the construction for the FLW... I think I have a lot of reasons to love that view! Plus, I love the walk to MK.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #219
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wednesday August 22, 2012: Day 5 Part 1

I awoke at 3am not feeling so well and regretting such a huge meal the night prior. I finally managed to get back to sleep and slept in until 7:45am. We had an 8:30ADR at Kouzzina. I knew that I wasnt feeling well enough to eat breakfast so I discussed with Michael and Em what they wanted to do. If they wanted to go to Kouzzina on their own that was perfectly fine. They decided that taking it easy and stay with me in the room. I called to cancel our ADR and we ended up skipping breakfast. I still felt ick and didnt feel like eating quite yet anyway.

We ended up finishing our laundry and packing. Once I was packed and ready to roll the obsessive compulsive side of me emerged and I HAD to strip the beds, empty the trash and recycling, and make a run through the villa dusting and double checking everything to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything. (Not sure Mousekeeping appreciated my help!)

Em chilling:

We called bell service for luggage transfer to Contemporary Resort. The gentleman I spoke with said that they had a high volume of transfers that day and although typically the bags are transferred between 1-3pm, it would be later today so our bags may not show up at CR until after 4pm. No problem, we didnt need our luggage earlier than that so I told him that timeframe is fine with me.

Bell service was there within 10 minutes and gave us our luggage claim ticket and we were free to be on our way. Which is what we did. We walked down the stairs and out the back door to walk to DHS. It felt a little funny that I didnt take the time to go a farewell photo tour of the resort. It was 11:15am when we started our walk to DHS. We had a 1:20ADR for lunch so we had a little time to spare.

Goodbye Boardwalk! I miss you already!

Upon arrival at DHS, I said my prerequisite hello to Bo!

The street performers were out on Hollywood Blvd and were so hilarious. We watched the antics for a period of time before we moved on to The Great Movie Ride. Always a cool adventure to be in on the action! That was followed by our pals Kermit, Miss Piggy, Beaker, and the rest of the gang for Muppets 3D. After a couple of photos with the snowman by Mama Melrose we were ready to go to lunch at 50s Prime Time.

One of my favorite scenes:

Yikes - who let the Aliens in here?

Not in Kansas:

The coolest things that have hands up their backs:

Sure is cold here!

Here's where we were heading:

Here's my 50's PT Cafe lunch review.

Next Up: Bay Lake Tower how I've missed you!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 12-30-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #220
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sorry you were not feeling well and had to skip breakfast. Really sorry, because I have never been to Kouzzina so I love reviews from there and Greek is one of my favorite cuisines. But I will join you next time!

Probably not a bad idea to have a mellow morning on moving day.

I see you tackled some of the tamer rides at HS. Spectacular picture of the alien on GMR!

Once again, thanks for showing the menu at Prime Time. It has been a few years since we have been because the boys always insist on Sci Fi. I'm a sampler- I love to try a little (or a lot) of everything, so the Home Cooking sampler plate they offer with meatloaf, fried chicken and the pot roast would be perfect!

The Boston Cream Parfait was added to the menu after our last visit, but I would be geographically obligated to try it and judge!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #221
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry you weren't feeling well and had to cancel breakfast.

I'm sure it was hard to say good bye to the Boardwalk. I hope the 4pm luggage delivery time worked out OK.

Great pictures in HS. You lunch looks really yummy! Great pictures of PTC!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #222
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I hope you were feeling better soon!!

Too bad your meal at 50's Prime Time wasn't up to your usual antics level! The food does look good though!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #223
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

I am really sorry you weren't feeling well but it seemed like you were feeling a little better by the time you got to PT which is good.

The pot roast and cesear salad look delicious. This is one restaurant that my girls want to try when we head back Disney.
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #224
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Sorry you were not feeling well and had to skip breakfast. Really sorry, because I have never been to Kouzzina so I love reviews from there and Greek is one of my favorite cuisines. But I will join you next time!

Probably not a bad idea to have a mellow morning on moving day.

I see you tackled some of the tamer rides at HS. Spectacular picture of the alien on GMR!

Once again, thanks for showing the menu at Prime Time. It has been a few years since we have been because the boys always insist on Sci Fi. I'm a sampler- I love to try a little (or a lot) of everything, so the Home Cooking sampler plate they offer with meatloaf, fried chicken and the pot roast would be perfect!

The Boston Cream Parfait was added to the menu after our last visit, but I would be geographically obligated to try it and judge!
Yeah, my problem was pigging out the night before ... I'm a light weight. We'd been to Kouzzina before but I wanted to take Michael since it would have been his first time. Oh well.

I'm like you, I'm a sampler and snacker! I like the idea of tapas because it is variety and small portions!

Funny thing... Em is planning our next girl trip and was on the Disboards and was checking out BC since it has been over 2 yrs since we have been there. She came across my YSH dining review link. She thought that was cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sorry you weren't feeling well and had to cancel breakfast.

I'm sure it was hard to say good bye to the Boardwalk. I hope the 4pm luggage delivery time worked out OK.

Great pictures in HS. You lunch looks really yummy! Great pictures of PTC!
Aww thanks MK! I really would have enjoyed another day or two at BW since we didn't get to do so many things (enjoy the pool, go down the clown slide, eat carnival type food....)

And yes, the bags were delivered just fine. They were already at BLT by the time we checked in later in the afternoon. t's such a great service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I hope you were feeling better soon!!

Too bad your meal at 50's Prime Time wasn't up to your usual antics level! The food does look good though!
Yeah, it didn't take long to get over my stomach dealio as evidenced by my 50's PT lunch!! Even with minimal antics we'll still be back... we're into the 50's theming and the dessert is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
I am really sorry you weren't feeling well but it seemed like you were feeling a little better by the time you got to PT which is good.

The pot roast and cesear salad look delicious. This is one restaurant that my girls want to try when we head back Disney.
Exactly! I was well enough to tolerate lunch AND dessert! I'll probably be stuck in a chicken caesar salad rut for the next few trips since it is my new "thing' there.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #225
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

All caught up Brenda

Sorry you were feeling poorly, looks like you bounced back quickly (it must have been all that cleaning and striping )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: