Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #91
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Goodness Jen, you have been updating like crazy and I was behind. I don't even remember what all I wanted to comment on. I guess I'll just start around the time you arrived in Houston. It's been quite some time since I've been in Houston...I'm talking about 20 years but have family who live there. Like all big cities, there are definitely areas that you don't want to get lost in or walk down the wrong street. It's amazing that somebody would have the gall to steal tires off a car when they knew there were cameras all around. Hopefully, they caught the culprit.

I had to laugh when you said that ya'll tried to order Pop or even Soda. Around these parts, we call just about every soft drink a Coke. Just gotta tell the waitress what flavor "Coke" you want.

It sounds like your group of women were a great group to travel with. It's always nice when everybody gets along the way you all did.

Yay for making it to the terminal without any real mishaps (which could have happened since you said ya'll took some one-way streets going the wrong way). The ship looks beautiful from the outside and I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures you took of the interior.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #92
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great report!! I love my friends. Some I travel with and others I leave home!! It is nice to have a freind that when you see them again it is like you never left. That happened with my friend Anna, last night. I havent seen her in over 25 years. It was great.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #93
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh I am sensing the excitement! Love the 10 gallon hat on Mickey! Such a nice touch! You all seem to be having fun already and you aren't even on the boat yet! I like how they were able to add the Disney touches at a Non-Disney terminal.
They did a really nice job with the terminal. I was impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Goodness Jen, you have been updating like crazy and I was behind. I don't even remember what all I wanted to comment on. I guess I'll just start around the time you arrived in Houston. It's been quite some time since I've been in Houston...I'm talking about 20 years but have family who live there. Like all big cities, there are definitely areas that you don't want to get lost in or walk down the wrong street. It's amazing that somebody would have the gall to steal tires off a car when they knew there were cameras all around. Hopefully, they caught the culprit.

I had to laugh when you said that ya'll tried to order Pop or even Soda. Around these parts, we call just about every soft drink a Coke. Just gotta tell the waitress what flavor "Coke" you want.

It sounds like your group of women were a great group to travel with. It's always nice when everybody gets along the way you all did.

Yay for making it to the terminal without any real mishaps (which could have happened since you said ya'll took some one-way streets going the wrong way). The ship looks beautiful from the outside and I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures you took of the interior.
You crazy southerners. So if you want a pepsi...do you say I'll have a pepsi? LOL

We were on a wild adventure and I didn't even know it. Luckily the roads had no traffic on them, but we might've gotten some dirty looks, I just didn't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Great report!! I love my friends. Some I travel with and others I leave home!! It is nice to have a freind that when you see them again it is like you never left. That happened with my friend Anna, last night. I havent seen her in over 25 years. It was great.
That is so wonderful. I have a friend that I went to grade school with. We remained best friends in highschool, even though we went to seperate ones and now she lives in California. I usually see her once a year, and we always pick right up too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #94
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

It was so great to see all the photos of the Magic. I have to admit I am getting quite homesick for my favourite ship. Still, in just over a month I will get on her and a month from today we will be on our way to Texas.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #95
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
It was so great to see all the photos of the Magic. I have to admit I am getting quite homesick for my favourite ship. Still, in just over a month I will get on her and a month from today we will be on our way to Texas.

Corinna
She was a beautiful ship!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #96
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love all of your pictures of the Magic! I loved seeing it side by side with the Dream, the Dream does look a lot bigger, but the Magic still looks pretty huge! I really, really need to do a Disney cruise soon, I think it would be so much fun! I can't wait to see the inside of the Magic!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #97
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, I had completely missed the earlier update with the car up on blocks. Nothing like adding a little intrigue, huh?

I know exactly what you mean bout that chlorine smell. I used to have Holiday Inns as an account I called on in a prior job. Every time I walked into that place I wanted to go on vacation. Drove me nuts! It was worse there because the pools were always out in the middle.

I didn't realize how much bigger the Dream is than the Magic. I sure hope you weren't disappointed. If I had to bet though, I'd say probably not.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #98
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Oh my I was so far behind and then I couldn't get logged in to sub… it's been a rough night for me on here!!!!!!

Now, why on earth would I ever wanna order a Pepsi?? Don't you know that Coke is the official drink of the south… I just like my Coke as Dr. Pepper! I always giggle when someone asks me if I want a Pop… Pop?? That's what my kids call their grandpa!

That Marriott looks JUST like the one we stayed at in Louisville last year! I mean, identical!!! We did have the breakfast at the Louisville one and it was really good!

That car!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

I can't wait to hear more about the ship!!!!!!!!!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #99
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

LOVING your report! We are cruising in just 3 weeks on the Magic and like you hubby has only been on the Fantasy so I'm worried about him being on a smaller ship. Can't wait to read more!

Oh and I LOVE your hair!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #100
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I was all the back on page 2. I had a lotta reading to do

It looks like you had a great start to your trip and nothing went wrong.

Look at you two hot mamas getting hit on at the hotel!

I know you said the area was not nice but the hotel looked very nice. But that car

That video was amazing I had no idea a ship could turn around like that! I guess I never thought about it before.

You had me laughing out loud when you said Brook kept having plate after plate brought out and that she did damage. I just pictured the waitstaff running around yelling "bring more food" and again when you said she was dreaming of corn dog nuggets!

I think it was on the Disney Parks blog that they showed pics of the hat and the ship on its first day there and I was scouring all the pics trying to see if you were in one of them!

I can't wait to see what happens next
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #101
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

Oh, now I really getting excited when I saw the picture of the ship. Please write more.

We drove down for the sail away party and I remember that day as being quite hot.
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #102
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Ok, gotta go way back to catch up!

Question, how are the seats in SW airplanes?

I love the shots from the sky! Houston looks nice from the sky, too bad you weren't in the best part of town.

"Houston we have a problem", I would have laughed for hours on that one! Good One!

Chess players! I bet that bunch was WILD!

I hate driving around airports, if it's not timed right it just a hassle.

So exciting to see the ship! It looks small next to the Dream, but I bet it was just as awesome! I can't even imagine the Fantasy!

Love the matching shirts!

I'm enjoying reading this! Very Funny!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #103
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hm, I thought I had commented here earlier ........ looks like I have not.

So, here goes! The hotel looks lovely. Looks a lot like the Embassy suites we have stayed in. The tireless car behind the hotel looks, well ....... not so good. I would have deadbolted my room several times and parked my car very visible.
I love that you went to port early. Waiting outside ...... not so much. But the photos of some of you in your matching shirts are awesome!
Can't wait to read more!

Not long until your next cruise ....... SOOOOOOOO jealous, Jen!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #104
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

How did I miss this TR?? Better late than never! Loved all your other reports can't wait to read about this one too...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #105
MEK
DIS Veteran

I was a little leary about tackling your most recent updates without benefit of pictures, but I have to say you had my undivided attention even without the pictures.

Sounds like everything worked out perfectly with your rental car, the room, picking up Brook, dinner, her room, breakfast, and getting to the port in plenty of time.

I love your swimming pool /chlorine smell image of being on vacation. There are just certain sights and smells that scream "I'm here!"

Galveston sounds like a great town. Don't you hate when you can't take pictures?

Anyway - I will stop back and see the pics that I missed.

Very excited to see the inside of the boat.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: