Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #1426
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I love all your IllumiNations pictures! That's such a beautiful show. I just love it!

Yeehaw Bob looks like a hoot!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #1427
amandaw
DIS Veteran

So much to comment on.....I hope I don't forget anything!

Love all of your AOA pictures!

Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun with your friends in Daytona! Definitely worth the trip out of the Disney bubble!

What an un-magical check-in at BWV. Even if the CM couldn't accommodate your request, she could have at least been nice about it.

Glad y'all made up & went out to EPCOT together for a nice, leisurely evening. That pasta from the POR food court looks good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #1428
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ohh yes on the gas cap... only it was a T-bird and I ended up finding a dealership and I think cried until they helped me...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #1429
krhst25
Mouseketeer

I love your illumination pictures! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #1430
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That pasta bar was yummy. I really enjoyed it! I can't imagine Danielle even making a dent in that pasta.
Oh, but she can. You haven't seen her lately.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #1431
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The Illumation pictures gave me a look at what I missed on our last trip! Never saw any fireworks the entire trip!
Really? No fireworks the entire trip? Well, then you must have been off doing something else that was equally fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Geat job on the bike ride. We need to get back on ours & hit the road. There are so many bike paths in Ohio it isn't hard to find a good place to ride.
That must be wonderful to live someplace where there are bike paths. There are NO bike paths where I live, but I live in a rural enough area that I can ride safely on the road in the early mornings. The only thing I don't like about bike paths is the variety of speeds people go. It's annoying to pass slow people "On Your Left" over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I love all your IllumiNations pictures! That's such a beautiful show. I just love it!:
Thank you! I love it, too. It's probably my favorite firework show, if for no other reason than I can enjoy it with a margarita in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yeehaw Bob looks like a hoot!
He really is so funny. If you have never seen him you should try sometimes. The way he literally "rocks" the piano is too funny. It really does look like its going to tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
So much to comment on.....I hope I don't forget anything!
Well, first let me say - Welcome Back! Sounds like you all had a great time and I can't wait to hear about your trip and two weeks from now I'll be catching up on your TR!

Quote:
Love all of your AOA pictures!
Thanks! That resort is so freaking cool. I hope I get another chance to go back and visit one of these days.

Quote:
Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun with your friends in Daytona! Definitely worth the trip out of the Disney bubble!
Most definitely. We had a really nice time. We got to catch up and relax all at the same time. It would have been nice to stay longer, but it always feels like the clock is ticking during a Florida vacation.

Quote:
What an un-magical check-in at BWV. Even if the CM couldn't accommodate your request, she could have at least been nice about it.
She really wasn't very friendly. It wasn't anything specific she did. She just came off as snooty. I felt like I was imposing by even asking about my request and that made me feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
Glad y'all made up & went out to EPCOT together for a nice, leisurely evening. That pasta from the POR food court looks good!
It didn't take long for us to make up and get back to enjoying our last few nights in the world. We did have a fun time that evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ohh yes on the gas cap... only it was a T-bird and I ended up finding a dealership and I think cried until they helped me...
Oh No! Really? You had to find a dealership? That had to be super stressful. Note to self - do not rent a T-bird without first getting inserviced on how to open the gas cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
I love your illumination pictures! Don't be so hard on yourself!
Thank you! You know - after I said I was disappointed with my pictures I moved my computer to a room with different lighting and they looked so much better. I think my screen was super smudgy and it made everything look crappy. I like them better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Oh, but she can. You haven't seen her lately.
Ah - to be young and be able to eat till heart's content! Lucky girl.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1432
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
It was hard for me to believe that it was Saturday night because there were only a few other people standing over in Norway with us. Told you it's the last minute "go to" spot!
I'm definitely going to have to try that. Your pictures are great! I'm even more embarrassed to have posted mine after seeing these.

Quote:
I am certain I took a few more pictures than I really needed to. Always in search of that perfect shot, but they all pretty much look the same.
They sure look good to me.

Quote:
That is so cool! I never would have thought to try that.

Quote:
Great shot!

Quote:
Why the HECK is the regular parking lot at the BW SO FAR AWAY???????
I dunno. Why are packages on ships called cargo and packages on cars called shipments?

Quote:
This is quite possibly the worst picture you have ever seen of the POR QS area. I forget what it's called.
Riverside Mill.

Quote:
But they had an "make your own" pasta station. I told Denny to just pick whatever he wanted and we would share it. I went off to fill up the mugs.

The results......
Well, you certainly got quite the pile of spaghetti.

Quote:
After our late night drinking and all that pasta, we were suddenly both very tired. But, darn it, we had come this far and we weren't leaving until we saw some of Bob's show.
Good call.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #1433
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Checkin in before I leave for Disney in 3 days !!In fact I will be there in 3 days
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #1434
eeyore04
Mouseketeer

HEYYYY!!!

I am here and way behind: so random comments from random updates are in store for you :/

On GMR we had the cowboy scene and during that moment I couldn't remember if that was the 'rare' scene or not! Exciting

Looks like you had an awesome trip to the beach!

I LOVE the props in the pre show area to the Muppets... I treid to get mother and brother to stick around and watch the preshow again so I could get some pictures sans other people but they didn't buy it.

Your pictures of SSR look amazing and we had a bus ride/detour around the resort. Actually the first time we bussed past the Treehouse Villas I thought of your posts and it gave me butterflies knowing I was finally at Disney World!

I've never seen/heard of the Spaceship Earth Swiss Cheese Effect... this is interesting!

The Manatees in 2009 were Kringle and Lou... just a point of interest. Why I remember this I have NO idea

I'm now singing One Little Spark <3

WOW you got some amazing pictures of the globe and Illuminations in general!

I feel much better now that I'm all caught up! This calls for some dancing!

My first TR (working on, still!!): How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR
My PTR for a trip that was postponed:And it all started at 357 (days)
My first PTR: Does being there every day in my dreams count?
2009: POP, Sept 2012: POP, November 13-22, 2014 Pop Century
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #1435
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How did we ever get along without computers and smart phones? Seriously, I think about that a lot. Technology has really enhanced our lives in so many ways.

Is the word google a verb in the dictionary yet?
Yes Google is one of two companies to be listed in the Oxford English dictionary as a word to mean using it. The other one is Skype.

Quote:
That's a pretty cool picture. I wonder if they have to completely replace the barge periodically? Interesting stuff.
Nope it's the same one fro oct. 1999, that's why they built it from stainless steel it doesn't corrode and fire doesn't do much to it. The only refurb it had was when a pyro shell that they used to fire off of it at the beginning of the show misfired in the middle of the day and caused some damage to it. The pyro shell now has it's own launcher at the small dock in the middle of the lagoon where the Inferno barge and the earth globe dock during the show.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #1436
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:

Oh No! Really? You had to find a dealership? That had to be super stressful. Note to self - do not rent a T-bird without first getting inserviced on how to open the gas cap.

Luckily it was up the road... but I did buy a T bird and it was easy after that... (I was turning the wrong way...)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #1437
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm definitely going to have to try that. Your pictures are great! I'm even more embarrassed to have posted mine after seeing these.
As I recall, all of your Epcot pictures were wonderful, including Illuminations.

I really do like the Norway viewing spot. Earlier in the trip my youngest nephew line right up along the fence. No problem with rude people obstructing the kids views, like you had.

Quote:
They sure look good to me.
Thank you. At first I thought they looked dull and lifeless, but I think it may have been a smudgy computer screen.

Quote:
That is so cool! I never would have thought to try that.
I think I did that once by accident and now I use it all the time.

Quote:
Great shot!
Thank you!

Quote:
I dunno. Why are packages on ships called cargo and packages on cars called shipments?
Can I just ask you how in the world you ever thought of that? Good point, but still that is something that never would have crossed my mind in a million years.

Quote:
Riverside Mill.
Thanks! I knew someone had to know the correct name.

Quote:
Well, you certainly got quite the pile of spaghetti.

It gave new meaning to the term "pasta party".

Quote:
Good call.
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Checkin in before I leave for Disney in 3 days !!In fact I will be there in 3 days
2 days! I am down to 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
HEYYYY!!!

I am here and way behind: so random comments from random updates are in store for you :/
Welcome Back! I am so excited to hear all about your trip. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Quote:
On GMR we had the cowboy scene and during that moment I couldn't remember if that was the 'rare' scene or not! Exciting
Yeah for the cowboy scene. I have gotten that exactly once in perhaps the 20 times I have been on GMR. That's some bad odds.

Quote:
Looks like you had an awesome trip to the beach!
We really did! It was hard to leave the bubble, but so much fun to visit our friends. Plus, a glorious beach day never hurts!

Quote:
I LOVE the props in the pre show area to the Muppets... I treid to get mother and brother to stick around and watch the preshow again so I could get some pictures sans other people but they didn't buy it.
It's tough when people don't see the point of what you are doing. I know that sometimes I force myself to take pictures because I know I will appreciate them way more in the future than I do when I am forcing myself to take them. A good photo-op really is priceless.

Quote:
Your pictures of SSR look amazing and we had a bus ride/detour around the resort. Actually the first time we bussed past the Treehouse Villas I thought of your posts and it gave me butterflies knowing I was finally at Disney World!
Isn't that the best feeling. Did you pass the villas when you were still on ME? Even though the ME ride is short, it's hard to be patient, isn't it?

Quote:
I've never seen/heard of the Spaceship Earth Swiss Cheese Effect... this is interesting!
I think I made that up. It just seems that I always have giant craters in my face whenever my picture is taken on that ride.

Quote:
The Manatees in 2009 were Kringle and Lou... just a point of interest. Why I remember this I have NO idea
Wow - you DO have a good memory. Those are great names. I think the manatees are super cool and I love that they have such fun names.

Quote:
I'm now singing One Little Spark <3
You're welcome!

Quote:
WOW you got some amazing pictures of the globe and Illuminations in general!
Thank you!

Quote:
I feel much better now that I'm all caught up! This calls for some dancing!

I will be feeling the same way when I get back from my trip and I am completely behind on everyone else's TR.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #1438
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Yes Google is one of two companies to be listed in the Oxford English dictionary as a word to mean using it. The other one is Skype..
Cool. I love how we keep adding new words to our dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Nope it's the same one fro oct. 1999, that's why they built it from stainless steel it doesn't corrode and fire doesn't do much to it. The only refurb it had was when a pyro shell that they used to fire off of it at the beginning of the show misfired in the middle of the day and caused some damage to it. The pyro shell now has it's own launcher at the small dock in the middle of the lagoon where the Inferno barge and the earth globe dock during the show.
Did you do a behind the scenes tour to learn all this stuff or did you just research it on your own? I do think that learning about the inner workings of Illuminations definitely increases the viewing experience. Appreciating everything that goes on behind the scenes really enhances the whole show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Luckily it was up the road... but I did buy a T bird and it was easy after that... (I was turning the wrong way...)
Nice car to own. I guess so much for "rightsy tightsy...lefty loosey"

Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #1439
MEK
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say...........One Week Until Disney!

I know my ticker has 8 days - just ignore that and trust me! Hopefully an update tomorrow. I wanted to do one tonight, but I had some computer "issues".

Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1440
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I think that many of your Illuminations pictures turned out great. I especially like the "lamp" ones and the one you pointed out.

It's a good thing you took a picture of the pasta on a plate, because in the first picture it looks like a carton-full of cheese.

I'm glad you caught some of Bob's show, even if you were pretty tired.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: