Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #451
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

OH CRUD! My mistake (debarkation)!

(No Guarantee) I was referring to timing ... getting to the port by a specific time.

(Debarkation) I'd use some of the same mindset for debarkation, as well. I am guessing DCL would have more buses running from "X" AM till "Y" PM (almost allowing you to select the departure time and bus of your choice). We were in a similar situation on a TransAtlantic cruise. We did not want to get off the ship too early ... and were one of the last to wander off the ship. We had DCL transfers to the airport, from Barcelona. As it turns out, we were the only two people on a 55-passenger motor coach ... it was like we were in a huge LIMO (well, not really).

I am sure DU will eventually post guidelines for transfers. When that happens, you might want to look into whether they have a time-frame for operating their buses (ie: last bus leaves at 11AM, 1PM, etc). If this time frame works for you, it sounds like your decision will be simple.
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #452
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Thanks for your input, but I think you missed the point of my post. I'm trying to figure out what to do to get back to the airport after the cruise. I already have my plans for prior to the cruise. I'm arriving mid-afternoon the day prior to the cruise, and taking Super Shuttle to the Dolphin. I've arranged to take the DU transfers to the port on embarkation day, as I think it will be fun to travel to the port with a bus full of DISers. Timing really means nothing to me. I'm already on vacation, so I don't care if I get to the port at 11 or at 2, as long as I make it to the ship before they leave!

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is on disembarkation day. My flight isn't until mid-afternoon, and I'm not a big fan of sitting around in an airport (done way too much of that). I'd like to take the DU transfers again, to travel with other DISers, but I'm afraid they'd be leaving a bit too early for me. (Although it's cheaper if you buy a round-trip ticket). So I might go with DCL transfers just for the option of leaving a bit later, even though it's a bit more expensive. That's the decision point. I'm not sure where you got this whole thing about DU transport being NO GUARANTEE, as I'm pretty darn sure I'm guaranteed a ride from the Swan/Dolphin to the port, which is all I care about.

Sayhello
Do you mean Mears? I've never seen Super Shuttle at MCO.

I am staying at the Swan and my roommate is staying at Bonnet Creek, so it wouldn't have been convenient for us to use DU's transfers. Therefore, we reserved two one-way car rentals from WDW to the port and back to WDW.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #453
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Do you mean Mears? I've never seen Super Shuttle at MCO.

I am staying at the Swan and my roommate is staying at Bonnet Creek, so it wouldn't have been convenient for us to use DU's transfers. Therefore, we reserved two one-way car rentals from WDW to the port and back to WDW.
Nope, I mean Super Shuttle. According to their website, they do transfers from MCO to the Dolphin, and I have it booked for my arrival. They'd better operate there!!

http://www.supershuttle.com/Location...leOrlando.aspx

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #454
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
OH CRUD! My mistake (debarkation)!

(No Guarantee) I was referring to timing ... getting to the port by a specific time.

(Debarkation) I'd use some of the same mindset for debarkation, as well. I am guessing DCL would have more buses running from "X" AM till "Y" PM (almost allowing you to select the departure time and bus of your choice). We were in a similar situation on a TransAtlantic cruise. We did not want to get off the ship too early ... and were one of the last to wander off the ship. We had DCL transfers to the airport, from Barcelona. As it turns out, we were the only two people on a 55-passenger motor coach ... it was like we were in a huge LIMO (well, not really).

I am sure DU will eventually post guidelines for transfers. When that happens, you might want to look into whether they have a time-frame for operating their buses (ie: last bus leaves at 11AM, 1PM, etc). If this time frame works for you, it sounds like your decision will be simple.
Sounds good. Assuming I can still book DU transfers at that point!

Sayhello

Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #455
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Nope, I mean Super Shuttle. According to their website, they do transfers from MCO to the Dolphin, and I have it booked for my arrival. They'd better operate there!!

http://www.supershuttle.com/Location...leOrlando.aspx

Sayhello
Very interesting! They must be new in Orlando, as Mears has pretty much had the monopoly on shuttle service in the past.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #456
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Very interesting! They must be new in Orlando, as Mears has pretty much had the monopoly on shuttle service in the past.
I couldn't say, as I've always just done ME before. I wish Super Shuttle would come to Columbus!

Sayhello

Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #457
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

DCL does on board airline luggage check in. If we are using Dreams transportation to the port can we use the onboard check in?

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #458
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon
DCL does on board airline luggage check in. If we are using Dreams transportation to the port can we use the onboard check in?

Kim
Don't know why you couldn't. Are you using DCL transfers after the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #459
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just reading some posts from a group of friends that were on the 10/20 Fantasy sailing that returned to port (late) today. Apparently there was a lot of rocking and rolling last night. Some reported that everything on counters/desktops were thrown to the floor. At least one reported being thrown out of bed.

Glad Disney has a month to get the ship ready for us.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #460
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just reading some posts from a group of friends that were on the 10/20 Fantasy sailing that returned to port (late) today. Apparently there was a lot of rocking and rolling last night. Some reported that everything on counters/desktops were thrown to the floor. At least one reported being thrown out of bed.

Glad Disney has a month to get the ship ready for us.
Amen!

Sayhello

Old 10-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #461
OKW Lover

I found this page with some news (or, more accurately, no news) about Castaway Cay.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #462
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I found this page with some news (or, more accurately, no news) about Castaway Cay.
thanks for posting this..hope it turns out ok
Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #463
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

I know I have told some of you this but thought I would post it here as well. Disney puts our group on the same rotation for dining, from the information we have, our rotation is
E - R - A (Crush) - E - R - R - A (Magic)

Formal is night 2, semi is night 5 and pirates is night 4. These are subject to change and should be used as a guideline only.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #464
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post

Kim
The onboard check in is only valid when booking DCL transfers. From Disney's site...

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines and US Airways.

Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. On the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to 2 bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and will be unable to use this service.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #465
OKW Lover

Thanks for the dining rotation info Tracy! Looks like I picked the right nights for Palo & Remy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: