Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #661
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear that your friends had to back out of your trip!!! But I'm sure you will still have a wonderful and magical time!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #662
MEK
DIS Veteran

The downside to traveling with other people is that things can and will happen. Glad to hear your family is still going and that you were able to change things up a bit and save some $. That is always a good thing! I'm sure Julianna is disappointed, but I still think its easier to negotiate a park when its just your own family.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #663
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Caught up and bummer the other 2 families had to back out but you still managed to find a plan B.

Sounds like others will be there during that time but I will miss you by a couple of weeks.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #664
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear your other friends have had to back out too! I can see where your disappointment is coming from, but you will still have an amazing time. We are staying at Pop the 8-12th. PLUS with your mom coming you and Melody may be able to have a night out with just the two of you or some time alone with Juliana. Have you signed up for the Jingle Jungle 5K yet? Hopefully I will see you there!
I'm thinking we might try to go out on Wednesday night... we will have a car, now we just need to figure out what to do?

I haven't signed up for the JJ5K yet because, well, I don't have an excuse. I need to get on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm just glad you are still going! And $400 is nothing to sneeze at.

I know all too well how those things can fall apart at the last minute.
We are a little disappointed but we know that we will have a great time.

Between you and me, we have too much trip drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
FINALLY I get to know what is going on!

Well, at least y'all are still going!! And at least your friends didn't flake on you for no good reason. Sounds like they had some pretty big things come up, I'm just sorry they couldn't come with you.

We understand why our friends can't come but we know that Juliana is gonna miss them.

Quote:
But you know as well as anyone, there will be other Dis'ers there at the same time that you could possibly meet up with and you, and your sweet little family will have a blast no matter who's there.
Yup. I need to get a list together and try to set up a few meets.

Quote:
Besides isn't this Christopher's first trip where he'll be aware of what's going on around him? You'll want to be caught up in that so you can see his reactions to everything!!
If you're there with friends you won't be able to be as concentrated on him. In fact, make that the big reason y'all are going now and then Juliana will get in on the fun, she'll learn to see things through a "first timers," eyes.
Seeing it through a first timers eyes is so much fun, and when you go with a baby, the first few years it's always like going with a first timer, it's always new to them again!!
Yea, this is Christopher's first trip to WDW. I can't wait to see what he thinks of the characters. We are jumping right in too... we have an ADR at Chef Mickey's the first night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Tim, I hate that you had to change some plans, but really, if it is that important to have a friend from Indiana tag along...
We are now staying at CSR and there will be no POP Warner kids there!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #665
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
bummer your friends had to back out!
what a fun treat though...grandma, Juliana & Christopher get to experience disney together, that will make some wonderful memories for you all!
My mom has wanted to go with us to WDW for a while... I know we will show her a fun time. I just hope she is prepared for our touring style- AM to PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sad it all fell apart. But Julianna will be able to meet some new friends like Claire and Kadence this trip too.
That is awesome! You have an idea what day would be good for you to meet up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your friends had to back out of your trip!!! But I'm sure you will still have a wonderful and magical time!
Thank you! We are going to have a great time... even if it little different than originally planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The downside to traveling with other people is that things can and will happen. Glad to hear your family is still going and that you were able to change things up a bit and save some $. That is always a good thing! I'm sure Julianna is disappointed, but I still think its easier to negotiate a park when its just your own family.
True, but having done Disney with both families last March, we weren't scared to do our own thing or send the kids with one adult while the others did something more adventurous. It's OK. We know we will be back to the World with them at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Caught up and bummer the other 2 families had to back out but you still managed to find a plan B.

Sounds like others will be there during that time but I will miss you by a couple of weeks.
Yea, but I'll see you in Jan!

You will miss the prince & princess though... they aren't making that trip.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #666
that's nice
DDC #330

Saturday July 14th

In our room there was a quiet hum from ship but it didn't bother us. We all slept good. I think I woke up one time during the night. Man that interior room is dark!

I forget if we set the alarm or if Juliana woke us up.. it was probably Ana. She was just laying in her bunk. Melody went over to give her a kiss good morning and said she felt warm. I was in denial (no Jungle Cruise) that she could have a fever. I said it was probably just from having all the blankets piled on her.

We got dressed and headed out for breakfast. When we opened the door, Juliana's door magnet was missing. I looked around and it was gone. Someone swiped it. Great. They couldn't of taken mine or Melody's? Juliana took it in stride and wasn't too upset.

On our way to breakfast....

We went to Lumiere's for breakfast. We sat with a family who were DVC owners. Their daughter proceeded to make it know that she's been to Disney 14 times. LOL We talked about Disney a little bit and DVC. Meanwhile, Juliana barely ate anything for breakfast. That's when I knew she was sick.

She looks terrible here. Poor kid.

After breakfast the princesses were meeting in the atrium. We asked Juliana how she was feeling and she said 'Good.' That is her typical answer. Then asked her if she wanted to see the princesses and she said yes. In line we went.... and what a long line it was. It did move fairly quickly though. Peter Pan was visiting people in line and I asked someone we were standing next to to take our picture. This is what I ended up with.

UGH. Couldn't even hold the camera still. By the time I saw it Peter was visiting with some other families. I did get a few pictures of Peter with the girls though.

As we were getting closer to the front of the line we could see Belle, Snow White, and Juliana's favorite Cinderella. I asked Juliana if she wanted me to go get her Cinderella dress and she said no. There was a piano player playing all kinds of Disney princess songs... that was cool.

Few princess pics..

I couldn't believe how packed the port adventures deck was.

Our itinerary.

Even though she wasn't feeling good she is still a cutie.

We went over to the gift shop to see if we could grab some tylenol for her. Still smiling.

We found some and went back to the room. We were going to go outside but I think the activities of the morning caught up with Juliana. She wanted to take a nap. HUH? WHAT? A nap? Oh boy, this wasn't good. We called the infirmary to find out if she could be seen. They could check her out but it was going to cost us $175 for them to tell us she had a fever. We would be back in NYC in the morning, it wasn't like they were going to get her off the ship or anything. So off to bed she went. I sent Melody outside to get some sun time and I hung back in the room. Did I ever mention how DARK it is in an interior room? Remember when I said we wouldn't need the balcony? So what was there for me to do? Sleep. Juliana and I slept for 1 1/2 hours. We woke up around 1.

My stomach was growling. We went out to find Melody and found her laying in the sun watching Finding Nemo next to the pool. Juliana seemed to be feeling better. All I know was I needed to eat something. Topsider's buffet was right around the corner and that's where we went. I was in heaven. I had about 4 plates of these..

Oh, and I found someone to fill up my mug.

Juliana wasn't too hungry, but she did eat some pizza.

Melody and Juliana were done eating waaay before I was. Hey, it takes a while to crack all those crab legs. They left me to my work and went for a little walk. I kept cracking and eating until they shut down the buffet on me. I guess it closes at 2pm. Oh well, I had my fill. I went to meet up with the girls. Hopefully Juliana was feeling better!

Up next.. More from our sea day...

Last edited by that's nice; 10-16-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #667
that's nice
DDC #330

Great... photobucket isn't rotating some of my pics. Hopefully they straighten out soon.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #668
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Looks like I'm a bit behind. The pirate show is fun, but I have to agree with you on the fireworks. The soundtrack is nice, but they just don't sync up as well as you would hope.

Sorry to hear Ana was under the weather, but $175 to be seen!?!? Give her some crab legs, she'll be fine.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #669
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Ok that makes me think I really need to have a thermometer in our travel first aid kit. $175 to check her temp? That's nuts.

What a drag drag drag! One day at sea and napping. Poor Ana and poor you! I get very ansty when I feel stuck in the room due to kid watching. Used to happen all the time when I'd need to get them to bed...but the older ones didn't need to yet so Jeff would be out with the big kids and I'd be hostage in the room, in the dark, so the E's could sleep.

This was before "good" smartphones. Trying to read a book would keep them from falling asleep, I'd have to wait till they were out cold and then try to read.

Seriously crummy that someone stole your magnet.

Glad you got your mug filled, I'd have need it by then for sure.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #670
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry Juliana wasn't feeling good...you can tell in her breakfast photo!
how rude someone stole her magnet...some people just are ROTTEN!

happy she got to see the princesses, boy Belle sure doesn't look like herself at all, maybe she wasn't feeling good either

yes interior rooms are too dark, pack a night light next time !!

they cut you off on the crab legs or maybe they ran out

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #671
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Looks like I'm a bit behind. The pirate show is fun, but I have to agree with you on the fireworks. The soundtrack is nice, but they just don't sync up as well as you would hope.
Sitting on the couch<standing on the Magic watching fireworks

i guess I just had Wishes in my head when they started.

Quote:
Sorry to hear Ana was under the weather, but $175 to be seen!?!? Give her some crab legs, she'll be fine.
Yea, we thought it was a little steep. So we did what any good parent would do, hop her up on a tylenol/motrin regimen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ok that makes me think I really need to have a thermometer in our travel first aid kit. $175 to check her temp? That's nuts.
Well, I think it was to be seen by the doctor too... but they wouldn't take her temp without being seen. Believe me, Melody will be bringing a thermometer from now on.

Quote:
What a drag drag drag! One day at sea and napping. Poor Ana and poor you! I get very ansty when I feel stuck in the room due to kid watching. Used to happen all the time when I'd need to get them to bed...but the older ones didn't need to yet so Jeff would be out with the big kids and I'd be hostage in the room, in the dark, so the E's could sleep.

This was before "good" smartphones. Trying to read a book would keep them from falling asleep, I'd have to wait till they were out cold and then try to read.

We felt so bad for her. There was nothing we could do except try to get her temp under control. We were just trying to make her feel better.

Quote:
Seriously crummy that someone stole your magnet.
I wish they just took mine... who knows, maybe their name was Juliana too.
I think Juliana was feeling to ill to put up a stink about it.

Quote:
Glad you got your mug filled, I'd have need it by then for sure.
I think I had a few....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry Juliana wasn't feeling good...you can tell in her breakfast photo!
Her eyes get dark and she gets pale. Poor kid.

Quote:
how rude someone stole her magnet...some people just are ROTTEN!
Rotten people on a Disney cruise?

I hope it was just some kid.

Quote:
happy she got to see the princesses, boy Belle sure doesn't look like herself at all, maybe she wasn't feeling good either
She was them but she wasn't really enjoying herself too much.

Quote:
yes interior rooms are too dark, pack a night light next time !!
I had the bathroom light on with the door cracked but it was still dark. A nightlight would of been smart.

Quote:
they cut you off on the crab legs or maybe they ran out

Nah, they shut the whole buffet down.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #672
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well, well, well. I guess I am so used to you NOT doing updates, that I've not even bothered to look since a couple of days before my vacation.

The bon voyage party looks great...and Mel and Juliana look so happy.

Why did you notice the woman with her shirt open and her biking top showing in the first place?????

Love the pirate bandanas on you and Ana.

I've heard pros and cons to the pirate show, but the party looks like a blast. Sorry the fireworks were a disappointment.

I'm so sorry your friends had to back out of the trip, but glad one set is moving closer to you.

And I'm really happy that you are going "home" to CSR.

Sorry our Princess wasn't feeling well; I hope that the nap helped.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #673
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Sorry Ana wasn't feeling well but her outfit is super cute!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #674
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Poor Ana, you could really tell she wasn't feeling good in the picture at breakfast.

I hate it when kiddos are sick. Hopefully she was feeling much better after her nap.

Crab legs, huh? Never had them, love crab, but I've never cracked them.
Mackie and I were talking about going to Cape May for dinner, but I'm just not sure she's totally feeling it. She really wants to go to Hoop so the night we were going to Cape May got thrown out to go to Hoop De Doo....I think.

I really hope the day got better for Ana.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #675
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

That is awesome! You have an idea what day would be good for you to meet up?

I think we both have plans to be at Epcot on the 8th...correct?
I have an ADR at Arkershus at 7 PM I think. So maybe after that we can meet up before Illuminations?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: