Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #46
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We are in too! Nov 16 - 21 AOA, then 3 night Dream! So excited! Cruise is booked but WDW portion not yet....soon!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #47
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
We are in too! Nov 16 - 21 AOA, then 3 night Dream! So excited! Cruise is booked but WDW portion not yet....soon!!
You get off the dream the day we get on We can't wait.
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #48
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Since we're quite a few pages in now, I guess I should get off my duff and start an actual list going. lol I might not be able to get to it until Friday, though.....I have a township rec meeting on Thursday night where I have to present the budgets for both mini wrestling and Little League. Oh, the joys of people finding out what you actually do for a living.

Anyway.....thought I would share what I just found on the Disney website:

Great package options are available select dates: January 2 - December 12, 2013.

Room & Tickets
6-night, 7-day vacation packages, with tickets valid at all 4 Theme Parks, for as little as
$72 per person, per day for a family of four at a select Value Resort.

Total package price $2,009*

Room, Tickets & Dining
6-night, 7-day vacation packages with the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and tickets valid at
all 4 Theme Parks, for as little as $99 per person, per day for a family of four at a select Value Resort.

Total package price $2,771*

Vacation Package Details

*Sample prices are based on 2 adults, one junior and one child in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for select 2013 dates: January 2 to February 13, February 24 to March 7, April 7 to May 30, August 4 to November 22, and November 30 to December 12, 2013. The number of rooms allocated for these packages may be limited. Tickets valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. See more package options for 2013.

I know these dates work for me, but I'm kinda upset that we probably won't see FD based on this. Bummer. However, I'll call this afternoon and see what's what. Anything to save a buck.....

I did try to call this morning, but you get a message that says their systems are down, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Best of luck to everyone and let me know what you plan to do!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #49
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

I did try to call this morning, but you get a message that says their systems are down, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Reservations are down until this afternoon. Presumably getting everything ready for the Jan-March discount release tomorrow.

So wait - they are releasing a years worth of package discounts? Or is that just the price of a package? Cannot wait until the system is back up so I can price out different scenarios and see what the savings are... Ahh the life of a Disney geek

Last edited by UndercoverMama; 10-09-2012 at 07:32 AM.
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #50
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

I don't think this means there will not be free dining I just think that they are trying to get people to make reservations now instead of waiting for a better discount. An there is really no discount in this deal it is just general rates before the rate increase

Last edited by figmentswife; 10-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #51
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Since we're quite a few pages in now, I guess I should get off my duff and start an actual list going. lol I might not be able to get to it until Friday, though.....I have a township rec meeting on Thursday night where I have to present the budgets for both mini wrestling and Little League. Oh, the joys of people finding out what you actually do for a living.

Anyway.....thought I would share what I just found on the Disney website:

Great package options are available select dates: January 2 - December 12, 2013.

Room & Tickets
6-night, 7-day vacation packages, with tickets valid at all 4 Theme Parks, for as little as
$72 per person, per day for a family of four at a select Value Resort.

Total package price $2,009*

Room, Tickets & Dining
6-night, 7-day vacation packages with the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and tickets valid at
all 4 Theme Parks, for as little as $99 per person, per day for a family of four at a select Value Resort.

Total package price $2,771*

Vacation Package Details

*Sample prices are based on 2 adults, one junior and one child in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for select 2013 dates: January 2 to February 13, February 24 to March 7, April 7 to May 30, August 4 to November 22, and November 30 to December 12, 2013. The number of rooms allocated for these packages may be limited. Tickets valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. See more package options for 2013.

I know these dates work for me, but I'm kinda upset that we probably won't see FD based on this. Bummer. However, I'll call this afternoon and see what's what. Anything to save a buck.....

Did you see this on the Special offers page? I just went there and not seeing it?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #52
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Reservations are down until this afternoon. Presumably getting everything ready for the Jan-March discount release tomorrow.

So wait - they are releasing a years worth of package discounts? Or is that just the price of a package? Cannot wait until the system is back up so I can price out different scenarios and see what the savings are... Ahh the life of a Disney geek
Yes, it seems like they are offering up a year's worth of discounts....BUT....did you notice all the blackout dates? Yup, same here. I'm just going to play around with some numbers and see what I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
I don't think this means there will not be free dining I just think that they are trying to get people to make reservations now instead of waiting for a better discount. An there is really no discount in this deal it is just garnered rates before the rate increase
As soon as I saw this, I called my hubby. We were going back and forth to see what's best. I don't think he understood where I was coming from - nab a discount when you can. lol He is soooo spoiled by the FD (well, so am I), but if I've done the math right (and I have a mathematics degree), this will add about $600 to what I had originally priced out for room & just tickets. I think $600 for 10 days of dining for 5 people is just fine with me.

And....until next September, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that FD does come out. And staying off-site seems to be out of the picture now. He & I were talking about (1) how convenient it is to stay a hop, skip and a jump away from the parks and (2) we really don't trust leaving our daughter at another resort or house for a couple of hours by herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Did you see this on the Special offers page? I just went there and not seeing it?
When I clicked on Walt Disney World on Google, I was taken to the main page, this was one of the offers that blinked by. Here's the link : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #53
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

I am considering booking it just to have it booked and the prices not increase on me in a few months but I am still holding out tons of hope for free dining. The reason we will check in the wed the week before thanksgiving is because for the past few years free dining has been offered until either the Wed or thurs the week before thanksgiving.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #54
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Yes, it seems like they are offering up a year's worth of discounts....BUT....did you notice all the blackout dates? Yup, same here. I'm just going to play around with some numbers and see what I get.

As soon as I saw this, I called my hubby. We were going back and forth to see what's best. I don't think he understood where I was coming from - nab a discount when you can. lol He is soooo spoiled by the FD (well, so am I), but if I've done the math right (and I have a mathematics degree), this will add about $600 to what I had originally priced out for room & just tickets. I think $600 for 10 days of dining for 5 people is just fine with me.

And....until next September, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that FD does come out. And staying off-site seems to be out of the picture now. He & I were talking about (1) how convenient it is to stay a hop, skip and a jump away from the parks and (2) we really don't trust leaving our daughter at another resort or house for a couple of hours by herself.

When I clicked on Walt Disney World on Google, I was taken to the main page, this was one of the offers that blinked by. Here's the link : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/.
Thanks for link

I am a firm believer in booking to lock in a deal since you can always change later. Most of our trips I book FD then switch when a room discount comes out as it s better for us as there is just 2 of us and we stay Deluxe

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #55
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

You ladies are too wonderful!!! I have the same theory - book now with the discount that's being offered (if there is one) so I at least have the room and if something better comes along, change it.

As I have found on these boards, though, not everyone shares that belief. So glad I'm in such good company.......

Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #56
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Figmentchick: Thanks for posting that link...I am actually excited about this! Our dates are included! Hoping it does actually save us some money!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #57
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

I don't know if I am doing something wrong but it doesn't seem to give me a discount. I'll call in a few days, I know all the Jan-March people are going to be calling the next few days to get the discount.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #58
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but it doesn't seem to give me a discount. I'll call in a few days, I know all the Jan-March people are going to be calling the next few days to get the discount.
You know what? Same here. Not good....not good at all. I guess it's just a new way for Disney to advertise the MYW packages....they've just renamed them. Got me all excited for nothing.

Here's hoping for FD next year or a PIN code.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #59
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Figmentchick: Thanks for posting that link...I am actually excited about this! Our dates are included! Hoping it does actually save us some money!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #60
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Agreed!!! 100% agreed!!! That's ok...maybe we'll get free dining. LOL

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread