Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #31
the_princess
DIS Veteran

My best find (well, one of them) is not a Disney thing. Last Dec I found a Helly Hansen jacket in Norway, Epcot. Even though Helly Hansen is a Scandinavian brand, the jacket is almost double the prize here in Denmark. We did joke about how we are going all the way to Florida to buy a Norwegian jacket.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #32
Amunet
DIS Veteran

There are 2 things that I hold close to my heart:
The first is a plushie eeyore that is kind of sphearacle ... like a ball! I think they still sell them but I bought it on our honeymoon and it was the first thing I ever bought at WDW ^_^ He sits by my bed and watches over me.
The second is an Ariel pin with faux jewels on her tail. It was the first pin I bought at WDW (on our anniversary trip a few years later). It's not overly fancy or Limited Edition but it started my addiction to pin collecting ^_^

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 199520052013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #33
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

The tigger t-shirts we got in Disneyland Paris years ago. They are still good and we still wear them. Got us a lot of attention when we wore them to Chrystal Palace
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #34
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg View Post
Thank you I know I have seen people post since then that you can find inexpensive settings on Ebay, they have pendent cages you put the pearl in yourself, here is a link to one that is Cinderellas carriage and its only $6 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pick-A-Pearl...item25764775d7
THANK YOU! DD is a June birthday/pearl birthstone too. I think she'd LOVE this!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
benniecooper
Mouseketeer

For me, my best souvenir is the memory and not the item itself. Anyways, when my DH & I were first dating, we went to Disney. It was his first trip & he was in his mid 20's. He grew up with only his dad & the never went to Disney. We had a great time but a limited budget then. So we bought a Mickey's 'Really Swell' coffee mug since it was something we could share. 10 years later, we still have it.
benniecooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I have a gold wedding ring with Mickey Mouse heads on it bought for me by DW(not my original wedding ring, but I kinda..."outgrew" the first one). Another thing I have is a framed piece of a Walt Disney photo with animaton "cel" like characters of the Fab 5 and it plays park audio when you sweep your hand over the right hand corner. Bought it at AK about 6 or 7 years ago, have never seen it again.

If you're not wanting to spend a whole bunch of money, get some things you'll use in every day life back home. Key chains, coffee mugs, watch, little decorative items for your home. We have some really cool pens (not pins) that we keep around the house. Instead of a t-shirt that you wear once and wash, consider a Disney jacket or hoodie that you might wear often through spring and fall. It's fun to have those things around, they actually have a use, and they don't cost a lot
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloraFauna View Post
My Guerlain Shalimar Initial perfume I bought in EPCOT France last year. Whenever I use it, I think of my vacation.
I bought a bottle of the Givenchy Epcot exclusive perfume and love it.

My Steiff Jiminy Cricket that I bought in the Germany pavilion is a favorite. And my Wilderness Lodge coffee mug.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #38
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

My all time favorite was FREE. A sketch of Winnie the Pooh. We did the "learn to draw" attraction inside the Animation building at MGM (it still was MGM then). My son wanted to do it over and over. It wasn't busy so we got in 3 sessions in a row. In each one the animator led the group thru how to do a quick sketch of a different character. You get to keep what you draw. And sometimes the "teacher" gives his drawing to someone in in the group. DS got the Pooh one...and the CM autographed it and wrote a short note. It has been framed and hanging in his room ever since.

A close second favorite are the caricature drawings of DS we did at the resort. Really kind of neat to see how his interests changed over the years. One portrays him as a basketball star, another is a rock star......Hmmmm,,,,,I think it's time to do one again next trip.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #39
GusGusGirl
Earning My Ears

I have two favorites. During our last visit my DH bought a sketch of Police Officer Mickey in MK. The artist who drew it was there in the shop that day. He personalized it for my DH and we had a nice chat. Later in that same trip we found the figurine that matches the sketch. It's a great set and perfect for my DH.

My other favorite is a navy blue hoodie that originally belonged to my dad, who passed away this past Feb. It has Mickey and a flag on the back along with the phrase 'American Original'. My dad bought it when our whole family was at WDW for Christmas several years ago. It's very special to me and always makes me think of happy memories.
GusGusGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: