Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
disneyygal13
Earning My Ears

Classes at Disney.

how many do people typically take?! is it hard having class and working a lot?! where is the time off?!
disneyygal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Bumping this thread because I have the same question.

Plus I want to know: for the people who have done classes during their program, the classes that give you college credit how many credits did they give you, or transferred.

I got my acceptance email but I haven't accepted it yet because the only thing that I am wondering about is that doing the program will affect the fact that I have taken student loans and my financial aid office told me that if I go more than 6 months (I got spring advantage and that is more than six months) with less than 6 credits the gov will start mailing me to start paying my loans until I return.

Is this something I should worry about?

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!

grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
TheWickerMan
Earning My Ears

I would say about half of the CP's take the classes. My university is pretty strict about getting credit for courses not taken at my university, so I could not get credit for any courses I took, but I still wanted to take a class. There are classes grouped under "Disney Exploration Series" which are more like seminars than actual classes (no homework, exams, etc). I took Disney History and I didn't like it all that much, but everyone else seemed to love it The way the classes work is that you get two days off a week (usually) and one of those days is your class. It gets to be a pain when your friends are going into the parks and you have to sit through class instead of going, but it's not terrible. Also they don't hold classes on weeks during the peak season (Christmas, holidays) because it is likely that you'll be needed at work.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

How about taking two credited classes while on the DCP? Is it a good idea to take two classes or is it better to take just one?

The financial aid at my university told me that I will have to start paying off my loans since Spring Advantage is longer than 6 months. Did anyone else have this issue while applying/during the DCP?

This is kind of worrying me, and my mom is starting to tell me to not do the DCP because of this and I don't want that to happen.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
TheWickerMan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
How about taking two credited classes while on the DCP? Is it a good idea to take two classes or is it better to take just one?

The financial aid at my university told me that I will have to start paying off my loans since Spring Advantage is longer than 6 months. Did anyone else have this issue while applying/during the DCP?

This is kind of worrying me, and my mom is starting to tell me to not do the DCP because of this and I don't want that to happen.
If the difference between going and not going is taking 2 classes, just do it. You'll regret it if you don't. It might be stressful/inconvenient at times, but there's only ten class meetings.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerMan View Post
If the difference between going and not going is taking 2 classes, just do it. You'll regret it if you don't. It might be stressful/inconvenient at times, but there's only ten class meetings.
Thank you so much for the help. I think I will just take two classes then, cause even just taking one will not help me because they told me no less than 6 credits. I really don't want this to be an issue for not doing the program. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: