Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which choice would you make, assuming comparable prices?
POR (8 nights) 18 36.73%
AoA (4 nights)/Poly (4 nights) 31 63.27%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I picked two. I don't really like the Values, tiny beds and overcrowded but Poly is great.

Perfect location and being on the monorail / boat launch is so convenient

If you do a split stay start at AOA because if you start at Poly you won't want to leave...
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
nanhol
Mouseketeer

I pick 2, also. You will get to enjoy two great resorts and see what the hoopla over the Poly is about! I don't think a split stay is too much of a pain, but if you decide it is then I'm sure you'd enjoy AofA!

The Poly is a fun resort, but what I love best is all about location--the monorail rocks, the views of the MK from the beach or rooms are magical, and the boat rides from the MK to the Poly or GF are a great bonus.

I don't know if it will work for you (or if it will work for me!) but for my upcoming split stay (BC, cruise, CR) I'm planning ahead and packing suitcases for all of us for each part of the trip. Hopefully we'll just have to unpack some of our bags at the BC, and then when we get to our cruise we'll have a different set of bags to unpack. (And then one more bag for after the cruise.) I've done something similar on road trips in the past--I'll have to see if we can keep from unpacking all of our bags at each stop!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
kam1011
Mouseketeer

Do your kids still nap? We usually go back to the resort in the middle of the day for naps and down time. Resort switching can really mess with the flow of that day and messing with a day can mess with the days that come after it! You have to check out of the first resort in the morning and then have a few hours of waiting. You can spend it at a park, of course, but you could miss your whole nap window.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
magusmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! We've made a a decision, and we'll be doing the split stay of four nights at AoA, followed by four nights at Poly. I really appreciated all of your advice. Not sure whether we're brave or crazy but looking forward to it in any case! Now, on to planning for ADRs
magusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusmom
Thanks everyone! We've made a a decision, and we'll be doing the split stay of four nights at AoA, followed by four nights at Poly. I really appreciated all of your advice. Not sure whether we're brave or crazy but looking forward to it in any case! Now, on to planning for ADRs
I think you made a great choice! The Poly is one of my favorite resorts because of its prime location, beautiful views, yummy restaurants, and immersive atmosphere-- and the AoA looks like so much fun for kids!

Have a great time.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: