Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Welcome to TPAS .

Just moving this over to the Universal forum as the folks there will be able to offer you lots of help planning the Universal part of your trip.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
fireflyparents
Earning My Ears

A big thank you to each and every one of you for all your helpful suggestions and inputs. Sorry, I posted in the wrong place and so my thread was moved. I am new to this forum and as I said "so so lost" with all the information and different threads. I have been reading so much and definitely learning a lot more than I expected.
The Universal/Disney part is clear in my mind now, a big thank you again! I am not a thrill seeker but my boys don't want to give up on Harry Potter. So I might just stay back at the hotel. The height criteria is a good suggestion, I never thought about it. Good to know there are certain things that is meant for the younger child. The long lines bother me though - but hey, that's a choice I made to travel during the busy season so we will cross the bridge when we come to it
Tell me what is a good time to be there? Everyone says go early but they also say all rides have a mad rush in the morning. So which one do we start with? Do we start from the front or go all the way back? Which shows and parades would you absolutely recommend?
Food at Disney looks expensive as expected. Any suggestion as to how you might have saved money there? Another thing I always wanted to ask -- when you walk for an entire day, how do you walk again next morning in another park? Aren't you sore? Don't you have blisters on your feet? And more importantly, aren't you tired? Ha!
I know, I know so many questions, right? I promise to help others with helpful hints and advises once I am back from my fantastic magical trip!!
fireflyparents is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
ladeedeb
Mouseketeer

They work for 2 of the 3 rides in Wizarding World

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikennedy View Post
My children loved Harry Potter. We spent the majority of our day at IOA here and still didn't get to see and do everything in the Wizarding World! We were there over Christmas (2010) so it was extremely busy. The Express Passes don't work for anything inside the Wizarding World. I was sorry we had spent the money on them.
Actually, there are 3 rides in the Wizarding World. The only one that the Express Pass is NOT good for is Forbidden Journey. They do work for Dragon Challenge and Hippogriff. They are of no use in the shops, at the wand show, or for refreshments.
ladeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
BelleBeautyandtheBeast
Disney Dreamer
Tags as old as time
You will be tagged, as sure as the sun will rise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyparents View Post

Food at Disney looks expensive as expected. Any suggestion as to how you might have saved money there? Another thing I always wanted to ask -- when you walk for an entire day, how do you walk again next morning in another park? Aren't you sore? Don't you have blisters on your feet? And more importantly, aren't you tired?
You can bring food into Disney parks, you just cannot bring in huge coolers. Generally I carry a backpack and throw snacks in there. You can also find lots of great info at Mousesavers http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn.../#cheap%20eats

We "train" for all the walking before we head to Orlando. It's not unusual to walk 5 or more miles each day that you are touring theme parks. The kids and I head out to walk on our local hike & bike trails 2-3 times a week leading up to our trips to make sure we are ready.

Moleskin is your friend for blisters. To help prevent blisters wear shoes that are well broken in. Bring two pairs of shoes and rotate them. I also spray my feet with Sure non-scented spray deodorant before we head out to the parks, this cuts down on sweaty feet which can cause shoe friction and blisters. I generally wear waterproof sandals as we do water rides and it frequently rains in Florida.

Yes, you will be tired and sore on occasion, especially if you are not used to walking 5+ miles every day. This is not a relaxing vacation lol.

Happy trip planning!!
7/82 MK * 4/00 MK * 1/7-10/01 ASMo * 3/29-4/1/01 POR * 7/20-25/04 PC * 1/12-15/07 PC * 10/11-16/09 PC * 10/2-5/10 Offsite * 8/13-21/11 ASMu * 3/24-31/13 Offsite * 5/5-10/13 Offsite * 3/4-7/14 ASSp * 6/10-6/16/14 Disneyland * 8/22-25/14 PC * 3/22-29/15 RCCL Freedom of the Seas * 3/29-30/15 USO
BelleBeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

I have just returned from 4 days at Universal/IOA. Did a LOT of walking! Everyone at IOA heads for Potter World first thing. We stayed on site and the first morning we arrived about 8:30 and rode Forbidden Journey 4 times in a row. It will be busier over Christmas of course. Get there as early as you can.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: