Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
Clemson Campers
Earning My Ears

And I really thought I would be able to post at night LIVE FROM THE FORT! What was I thinking?

Home safe, first load of smelly stuff in the laundry and unwinding w/DH and vino. So much to share... Loved the comments @ bickering! Nice to know we're not the only ones!

It was exhausting fun! Kids had a blast. School & work tomorrow.

Stayed tuned for details tomorrow.

1971 Fort Wilderness, 1982 Off-Site, 1990 Off-Site, 1996 All Star Sports
2003 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Boardwalk Inn
Clemson Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #17
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

What?! Home already? That went way too fast! Glad you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear what the kids thought!

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Wow, reading about all the pre trip stress that some of you go through with all the planning, etc. makes me glad we are not big planners We decide on dates, I make a few ADR's, pack and off we go. Lots of fun, relaxation and best of all - no stress

Glad you are back and had lots of fun!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

We used to be like that too. Spur of the moment trips were our specialty. We'd decide one day to go on vacation and were there the next (literally). Or wake up one morning and decide to go to Vermont for the weekend and leave that morning - worrying about hotels and such when we got there (after all, worst case scenario we sleep in the car).

We need to plan farther out now for obvious reasons (and we own a company, so DH needs months in advance to plan his schedule). I'm looking forward to the days again of throwing a few undies, extra jeans and a few shirts into a bag for myself and heading out (once the kids are old enough to pack for themselves). Although who am I kidding - I'll still end up packing for them.

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #20
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Actually, we don't go spur of the moment. We make ressies a few months away usually - it's just that we relax and wait for the dates, then go. Just don't do a lot of pre planning our entire itinerary.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Clemson Campers
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

Well friends, I've officially transitioned from Pre Disney fatigue into Post Disney depression. Again, anyone else out there ever experience this rollercoaster of emotions?? Our trip was amazing and the reveal was a bit more subdued than I expected. Once DD realized we weren't going to Cumberland Island, she smiled sweetly and proceeded to cry with joy. The boys smiled with a hint of confusion and asked, "Wait - does this mean we're not going to see the horses?" The screaming later surfaced in the vintage Surburban when the kids flipped thru the hardcover picture book titled, "How the World Began." On every page, "Will we see THIS?" (yep - screams!) "Will we see this STAR WARS too?" (yep - defeaning screams!) The Clemson fan in me LOVED all the screams - NOW we were rollin! Operation Vacation had lift-off!

So not to bore all of you, I'll hit on the highlights - like the torrential downpour our first night which was supposed to include surprise guests for dinner. (much missed 1st cousins who moved away last year) Plan B - we drove over to their luxury studio at Animal Kingdom lodge and surprised the kids there! It was hysterical to watch my boys all confused as their cousins walked up in stealth fashion. They were afraid to say anything, so my boys kept silent and just looked at them with that, "What are they doing here...look." Then my older neices saw me smiling at them and THEY FREAKED OUT! Just like funniest home videos! It was a BLAST and then we all spent the day together in MK which was awesome! I will go on the record and confess, I doubt I will ever see the inside of "Small World" ever again. My sons were patient, but they will survive if they never ride a second time. It's hard to sell the originality of that dated attraction to young boys, agreed?

Next surprise on the list? More cousins from my side of the family. I was beginning to fail miserably at keeping all these surprises under wraps. While driving to HS, I reminded DH - "We need to see if I have to leave a pass for Lauren." Immediately from the back, "Lauren WHO? You mean Aunt Lauren? Are Teresa and Eric coming?" sighing over my forgetfulness, but laughing at myself... "Yes, yes and yes again." At least they didn't know about Grandpa. (blew the lid off that an hour later. Oh well.) They don't get to see Grandpa often so it was really neat to pull that off too!

Did I mention I love surprises? We had one more up our sleeve. We told the kids we were leaving on Sunday with the intention of surprising them with the 3 extra days - later! Well, one night DS literally fell asleep on his knees leaning against a chair while visiting cousins. He is my sleeper child and he was OUT COLD! The only way I could wake him up enough to make the long walk back to our car was to whisper a secret in his ear. "Guess what, we're not leaving until Wednesday!" He woke up alright, smiled like a lottery winner and promised not to say a word. Oh boy - would I live to regret that later with DH!! Mild bicker session was resolved with DH equally excited to tell the secret to DD. There - we're even. Two competitive Type A personalities... we've literally been told it's a miracle we're still married. lol. 20 years in February - maybe we'll return to Disney sans the kiddos!

Ok, I have more, but can someone please tell me how to post an image on here from my pictures file? It wants a URL address and I'm too lazy to figure this out tonight.

I have the most incredible picture from the night of the parade that will make EVERY DISNEY lover smile! It included a Full moon! Stay tuned. Back to the grind of normal, non magical life.

TTFN! - Gretchen

1971 Fort Wilderness, 1982 Off-Site, 1990 Off-Site, 1996 All Star Sports
2003 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Boardwalk Inn
Clemson Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
likelove
Earning My Ears

Hi. Nice to meet you.
likelove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: