Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

I was the only one on the bus to Hollywood Studios from Kidani and the bus driver was sharing several rumors with me.

1. Carsland is definitely coming to DHS. It will replace Lights, Motors, Action and the Backlot.
2. The reason that they are adding 2,000 seats to Fantasmic is because World of Color is coming to that amphitheater....

He said that imagineers from California were in town looking to make improvements over at DHS.

Not sure how I feel about Carsland and World of Color. I've never been to Disneyland. I plan to soon but if Carsland and World of Color are coming to WDW, it might be longer before I get to Disneyland. Just my opinion of course.

DHS needs some help and I hope it gets some love soon!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

Last edited by lthiesfeld07; 10-08-2012 at 02:39 AM.
lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Both are possible, butare also extremely general rumors that have been mentioned by many in passing time and again. Cars Land has been beaten to death in rumor-ville so at this point I really don't care if it comes. WoC however would be an interesting fit, given Fantasmic's not so fantastic operating reputation.... we'll have to wait and see, but I doubt they'd move it to Florida given the modifications they'd have to make to the area.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

ugh! Ok the seats for Fantasmic are because Disney surveyed the people who had to stand vs the people who sat and there was a huge difference in satisfaction, so they decided to spend the money to build seats in the standing area. It has been much more rumored that a WOC type show would come to DTD, than to DHS to replace Fantasmic, but considering they can't even sign a tenant at DTD, I certainly don't see that happening. As far as replacing Fantasmic, maybe down the road, but nothing short term that I'm aware of. Granted, I get information by scouring the internet and finding people with a good track record, so I'm not by any means the final word on any of this, but nothing has been mentioned elsewhere, and that'd be a pretty big thing.

Carsland is NOT greenlit. It is being considered, and on EPCOT's 30th, the lead art designer for carsland was reportedly poking around DHS. The latest information coming from other sites indicates it may be more of a pixar place expansion with elements from carsland and the Monsters Inc Coaster finally brought to life, but there are several plans, none of which have been decided on.

It's great that CMs discuss what's going on, but they need to put the disclaimer that they are RUMORS and should never say "definitely happening" until things are both announced by the company and half built.

Nonetheless, thanks for reporting!

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Carsland would be neat. But WoC is lame. Saw it at DL, and we were definitely disappointed. A revamped Fantasmic, or an entirely new show, would be a much better option.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York -- Nov 2014 - WDW Yacht Club

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

I saw the World of Color at Disneyland too, and was not terribly impressed either. I have seem many night time shows at Disney World that were better, IMO.
MouseyMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Sorry. That bus driver should be fired. There's no way Fantasmic will be replaced. It's way to popular. WOC is nothing more than an elaborate version of the Fountains At Bellagio in Las Vegas. I like the Downtown Disney idea. Maybe they could put it in the water there. But removing Fantasmic from DHS will only happen when DHS is taken over by Universal.

The Cars Land thing? I don't know about that one either. Perhaps they put the Radiator Springs ride in at DHS, but I'm not sure about an entire land.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

More *bus driver* rumors
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Lucky626
Earning My Ears

I would actually really like to see a Fantasmic/WoC mash up and as for the Carsland I think it would be a lot better that what's already back there.
Lucky626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #9
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky626 View Post
I would actually really like to see a Fantasmic/WoC mash up and as for the Carsland I think it would be a lot better that what's already back there.
Ditto that!
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Everything is at the rumor level, but I'd like to see a Pixar Expansion (maybe a small Carsland) with elements from various Pixar movies so Carsland remains unique to Disneyland.

I wouldn't mind an update to Fantasmic or a whole new show, though I'd like to see WoC remain unique to Disneyland too. I'm sure they could create a new show and use some of the features and technology they use at WoC to introduce to Studios.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Figment632
DIS Veteran

Did they tell you they spotted big foot as well? Bus drivers are full of crap and know nothing don't beleive anything they say!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

If a bus driver said it, it must be true!

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
pfalcioni
If we're not Riding, we're Disney Dreaming!

WDW bus drivers seem to enjoy being part of a culture of mis-information. I think they get a kick out of telling tall tales, only to have folks run to their computer and post it on a Disney forum as possible truth because "a CM said it!".

I'm not saying none of these will ever happen, but I'd take anything you hear from CM's, and especially bus drivers, with a grain of salt.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #14
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

But Bus Drivers attend all of the Imaingeering meetings! I was told by a monorail driver!

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
More *bus driver* rumors
I was just getting ready to add that the bus drivers are notorious for giving out bad information!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: