Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Donald D Duck
Mouseketeer

From the pages of BBC news this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-19867695

Interesting choice of location, it is pretty grim all around there, but they could tap into theme park holidays being so close to ebbsfleet, people spend a day or two here before hopping on the Eurostar ( to do it properly...)

No offence if anyone lives in swanscombe BTW

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DLP Day trip 2000, Santa Fe 2008 and Sequoia Lodge September 2012 & September 2013

Donald D Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

But Disney always has the draw of the characters. Will be interesting to see if it goes ahead though.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

It's a fantastic location.

They've already got the Eurostar and a very fast connection to London.

I'd love to see something huge in this country. Unfortunately £2bn isn't going to get you a rival to Disneyland. More like another Alton Towers.
Happy Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Iain Chapman
Are we back at DLRP yet?

OT: Paramount Park (UK)

Hi All,

I seen plans have been announced today to build a Paramount branded theme park and "resort" in Kent. This would be a £2bn development on a 872-acre site. In addition to the theme park, the plans include a water park, an entertainment area with hotels and restaurants, music venues and event space.

Sky News -> http://news.sky.com/story/994756/par...sneyland-paris

This is Money -> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...=feeds-newsxml

Yahoo! News -> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-theme-pa...--finance.html

The plan would be to have opened this by 2018.

Probably just what Mickey and his friends doesn't need....

Iain.
Holiday Inn.........April 2006.....(3 nights / 4 days..2 Rooms....................6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2006..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Rooms............6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......November 2007..(5 nights / 6 days..1 Montana Lake Side Room...4 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2008..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Lake Side Rooms..6 People)
Magic Circus Hotel..July 2009......(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Cheyenne............October 2009...(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Newport Bay Club....November 2009..(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Ford 'Follow the Magic' Competition **
Hotel New York......December 2010..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Actually turned into 5 nights / 6 days due to the snow **
Dream Castle Hotel..August 2011....(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)

Until we are back....
Hotel New York......December 2013..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Iain Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
aj2703
Addicted To Disney

The more the merrier i say. More-so if it brings the horrendously overpriced food and items down at Disneyland Paris.
aj2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

I have merged these two threads about this new park. Sounds interesting - thanks for the infomation guys
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

I expect Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park will be worried. Are they still going head with their plans for a theme park in Spain too or was that Universal?
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

We don't normally do theme parks, never been to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc., and it's not Disney so don't think it'll make a lot of difference to me.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
Donald D Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo
I expect Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park will be worried. Are they still going head with their plans for a theme park in Spain too or was that Universal?
I just read the sail mail article on this. Apparently it is Murcia in Spain where another paramount park is due to open in 2015

Funny reading the article though as they were guessing which films could be made into rides. Indiana jones because they could do something similar toBTMRR, umm I doubt it, and Iron Man, again I think Disney might have something to say. I'm not sure how the whole the,e park rights thing is over here but I doubt Disney would be letting them use them

DLP Day trip 2000, Santa Fe 2008 and Sequoia Lodge September 2012 & September 2013

Donald D Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
We don't normally do theme parks, never been to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc., and it's not Disney so don't think it'll make a lot of difference to me.
My thoughts exactly!
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald D Duck View Post
I just read the sail mail article on this. Apparently it is Murcia in Spain where another paramount park is due to open in 2015

Funny reading the article though as they were guessing which films could be made into rides. Indiana jones because they could do something similar toBTMRR, umm I doubt it, and Iron Man, again I think Disney might have something to say. I'm not sure how the whole the,e park rights thing is over here but I doubt Disney would be letting them use them

Disney has the European rights to all Indian Jones and Marvel rides in Europe. And your right the answer would be NO!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Can Paramount afford to build two theme parks in Europe? Especialy considering the present economic conditions in Spain and in the UK?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #13
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

There is a history of Paramount parks being announced and not built, so the proof will be in the pudding. However, if it does go ahead then it's fantastic news for us DLP fans as nothing gets a park into top gear like some healthy competition. Plus the deals may be better for UK visitors with such big competition right on our doorstep.

We all love DLP and the Disney magic, but a large number of DLP visitors will be casual guests who would relish the opportunity to not have to travel and not have to visit another country where English isn't the first language.

Game on - sounds like good times ahead if it all happens. Great timing with the recent WDC debt relief for DLP too - now they have more operating budget to compete. By 2018 DLP could have added a Star Wars Land and Marvel land, as well as the in development Ratatouille area.

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #14
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Although it is billed as Swanscombe, the "back end" of the site is right opposite to Bluewater (in fact its the other half of the disused quarry Bluewater was built on) as well as being just down the road from Ebbsfleet. Given that that junction of the A2 suffers anyway and can barely cope at busy times I wonder how they will adjust the layout?

I'm not holding my breath as they've been talking about this for 15 years at least already

I'm considering Universal in Spain for a future holiday option.
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #15
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

I do believe the more choice for us is good for consumers, prices should become more rational and the parks need to be more proactive in their marketing and offers. Disney will always have the edge as we dont go to Disneyland for the rides its more the general 'magic' atmosphere we feel each time we set off.

However, the UK is seriously lacking in anywhere that holds your appeal for very long. The Theme parks are lacking character and are lucky enough to gain your attention for more than 2 days. Centre Parcs are fantastic but somehow we get bored whilst we are there with only the pools that entertain us. Investment in the UK needs a boost and hopefully something like this will help. I therefore feel happy that this is something that 'may' come about in the future.

Europe is a very large place and I seriously think between many of the countries should work together to each gain investment for a park (within short travel distances) that would rival WDW in Florida.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COLOR]
mum2threemonsters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: