Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
As far as the CM's go, since we cant actually see / hear how they were acting, we only have your side.. It sounds like maybe something WAS goofy with the computer since the 2nd CM said something to that effect.. Plus you said you had some unique things to be taken care of, and I have no clue how that works, but as far as transferring your park tickets, I'm sure they wanted to make sure they didnt screw it up, so perhaps were focused on their JOB as opposed to striking up a chatty conversation with you? Take into account that it sounded like the line was slammed, I could see where the CM's would want to get the job done, so they could get on to the next guest. IMO there are certain CM's that although should NEVER be rude, maybe just you shouldnt expect sunshine and butterflies from Again, IMO there is a difference between being rude and just being focused on the job, but sometimes people take that wrong.. Happens here, if I'm busy and doing a weird transaction, I need to make sure I get it done right, because to fix it takes about 3 times as long..
There's a different level of expectation in the hospitality industry, though. Especially at WDW where they pride themselves on customer service. I have worked in hospitality industry and have a bacherlor's degree in hotel management, and industry standard is for employees to treat guests like they are the only one the hotel and to always be at their service - not "get the job done so they could move on to the next" - hotel employees should never take into account the number of people in line or at the hotel or the guest's length of stay, loyalty membership, room rate, etc. A hotel employee should treat all guests the same and never rush through questions or transactions.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

What time of day did you check in? Staying at AoA in December in a LK suite.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
Sam345
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
What time of day did you check in? Staying at AoA in December in a LK suite.
It was a Saturday afternoon. I would suggest the morning or the evening. It's probably much better on the weekdays, too.
Sam345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: