Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #736
Snowcat
Earning My Ears

Shaned...what deanna23 said...nice clothes are just fine for dinner. no shorts or swim suits. Also, think about bringing some pirate clothes too. Sunday is our "Formal Night"...my hubby and I cruised last year on our first 7 night and we dressed up but some people go all out (tuxes etc.). We are going all out this time so I'm excited to have a reason to get all dolled up! Tuesday will be our Pirate Night, Wednesday is our "Semi-Formal" night (dresses and suits if you want)...if you just wear nice clothes, you will be fine. Noone has ever commented but I know they would if you wore shorts os swim suits Cannot wait!!! Just a few more days!
Snowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #737
Snowcat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheesh2933 View Post
Does anyone or has anyone planned any excursions for when we are in ports? We are still looking and deciding. Any help or advice would be great!
P.S. We have a 4 1/2 year old daughter so something family friendly.
I called Disney a couple weeks ago as we have a 1 1/2 year old... I asked about kid-friendly excursions and this is what they told me: At Grand Cayman: the Boat Beach Adventure and Marine Park, 7 mile Beach Break and Nautilis Undersea Tour (we did Nautilis last year and like it) at Coasta Maya: Highlight and Beach Combo, and Chakobean (sp?) Ruins Tour. At Cozumel: The Ruins and Beach Tour, Mayan Ruins and Discovery Park and The Discover Mexico Tour.

We have not booked our excursions yet (DOH!) but am considering the Mayan Ruins and Discovery Park at Cozumel and possibly a beach visit somewhere since no Castaway stop on this trip. See you there! Hope this helps and not too late!
Snowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #738
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcat View Post
Hello! We are exciting to be sailing out of Galveston THIS SATURDAY!! We are driving in from Minnesota on Friday/Saturday. It will be me and my husband, my 15 year old daughter, 11 year old son, 1 1/2 year old daughter and my father-in-law. For my FIL, it will be his first cruise so we are excited to share the magic with him! Cannot wait to meet some of you there! We will be the ones with the Red-White-Blue tye-dye Mickey Shirts (homemade)! Can't miss us!
Welcome

Glad that you found us! That's quite a drive you guys are making! How long of a road trip is it going to be?

I'll keep an eye out for the tye-dye, but we're also getting together at 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge on Saturday, so if you have time to swing by come and say hi

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #739
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

Hi snowcat! Can't believe u r driving from MN! Be safe!
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #740
cathie13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Glad that you have a cruise booked! We'll leave her in good shape for you.
thanks. I would have booked for the 10/13 cruise, but my nephew was available for the 12/1 date. I have never sailed at Christmas time, so I am excited about the decorations. I know you'll have a great time. I'll be waiting for some good reports when you return. Bon Voyage!!!!!!!
cathie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #741
cathie13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbypee View Post
Anyone know anything about deck two? My parents have always been on seven

Thanks
I have been on deck two. It was very convenient. Especially if you are located in the back (aft) of the ship. Our muster station was Animator's Palate. that was really good. Sitting in the restaurant while others are standing out on deck. Easy to get to dinner and off the ship in ports. I don't really care where my cabin is as long as I am on the ship!
cathie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #742
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathie13

I have been on deck two. It was very convenient. Especially if you are located in the back (aft) of the ship. Our muster station was Animator's Palate. that was really good. Sitting in the restaurant while others are standing out on deck. Easy to get to dinner and off the ship in ports. I don't really care where my cabin is as long as I am on the ship!
I believe I am aft! Thanks for the advice! I can't wait!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #743
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

What kind of cameras do ppl bring? I probably want my good camera for ruins but I don't know. Disposables?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #744
DisMs
Earning My Ears

Galv 2013: Kids sail free dates

Hi, Saw this posted elsewhere:

Kids Sail Free offered for Galveston cruises!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kids ages 17 and under sail FREE on select 6-night and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from Galveston! To take advantage of this offer, kids must travel with 2 full-fare Guests in the same stateroom in categories 4A to 11B on select cruises from January 8, 2013 to March 4, 2013

It's on the DCL website under specials, the online code is KFO.

I really want to book a 2nd trip
DisMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #745
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What kind of cameras do ppl bring? I probably want my good camera for ruins but I don't know. Disposables?

Thanks
We take a couple, one for him that's fancy and requires work, and one for me that isn't & doesn't. I have a Lumix something or other, and its a great little digital camera - but I am not a good photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMs View Post
Hi, Saw this posted elsewhere:

Kids Sail Free offered for Galveston cruises!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kids ages 17 and under sail FREE on select 6-night and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from Galveston! To take advantage of this offer, kids must travel with 2 full-fare Guests in the same stateroom in categories 4A to 11B on select cruises from January 8, 2013 to March 4, 2013

It's on the DCL website under specials, the online code is KFO.

I really want to book a 2nd trip
Book one onboard and you'll save 10% plus only have to put 50% of the regular deposit down plus get the OBC. It's very theraputic to have another cruise booked before you are forced kicking and screaming off the ship.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston

Last edited by ukintheus; 10-08-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Forgot the OBC!
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #746
shaned
Mouseketeer

One down , 4 to go
Dena

shaned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #747
Sharry77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned
One down , 4 to go
Dena
We really can't wait!! Just finished packing my first carry on. That was just FE! Now on to the next one...
Sharry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #748
patman2011
Mouseketeer

I am so happy

One day down, I am with you all, I have stuff all over the diningroom table, the ironing board and the coffee table. I have all the formal stuff dry cleaned and am hoping to get the suit cases down so that I can start packing!!!
I have 3 clinical days and one lecture to complete, then I can have some rest and relaxation!!!!
patman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #749
speakerchad
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks
We bring 2. One nice DSLR and before our last cruise we bought a nice waterproof camera (Lumix I think) for anything having to do with beaches or snorkeling. Makes a big difference having that one available.

speakerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #750
shaned
Mouseketeer

We have an Olympus (? sp) an 8 what ever - waterproof camera and Mike is debating whether to take his DLSR that he has.

I still have stuff at the cleaners - that we pick up today. And everything else sitting on the bed in the front bedroom. This is sounding silly but I think our shoes are going to have their own suitcase.

Dena

shaned is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: