Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #2836
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
Bae was a teenager when Rumple became the dark one and if he held Regina as a baby then they are jumping though time somewhere... The history of somethings just don't make sence to me.
Could it be that when Bae's son left Fairytale land Regina wasn't born yet? Maybe Bae has been in the real world for a long time.

I also wonder if Cora is Bae's mother. Maybe Bae is the first born son and somehow Rumple ends up with him? Doesn't the original dark one say something about the possibility that Bae isn't really his child?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #2837
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bae was a teenager when Rumple became the dark one and if he held Regina as a baby then they are jumping though time somewhere... The history of somethings just don't make sence to me.
I feel like they are doing that and that Rumple alluded to it when he was talking to Regina prior to her wedding.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #2838
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
I was under the impression that Rumple is MUCH older than most of the other characters.... being "The Dark One" means he doesn't age.

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #2839
TrustMeMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu

ETA- I took think Emma has her own magic that has nothing to do with Regina. For all we know she got it from being in an enchanted wardrobe only minutes after her birth. She said she could tell when people were telling the truth, she was good at finding people, the hat she made possibly worked and then touching Regina activated Regina's powers.

I think Emma has more Magic than we know. I'm hoping we will find out more about that this season.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #2840
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Wow! I had to read 4 pages to catch up

I was surprised at (and let's see how long this lasts) the sudden change in Regina. It kind of reminded me of Xena (if anyone remembers that). Her sudden change had me scratching my head saying, "Huh?!" Has she truly had a change of heart and has realized that she has become what she never wanted to be - her mother?

A few other things that left me with some questions were

1. Why is it that no one seems to remember the Mad Hatter/Jefferson except for Henry?
2. What happened to Pinnochio/August? Why wasn't he on the bed when Gippeto (sp?) arrived?
3. What was Rumple thinking at the border? It looked like he was contemplating whether or not to give up on everything and start a new life.
4. WTH was Regina's mother doing in the cell and how did she get there? Where was she transported to when Regina pushed her through the mirror?

I think the reason why no one in FTL recognized Snow is b/c she looks different. Her hair is shorter and she is not dressed in her FTL clothes. I'm guessing the identity of Snow and Emma will become apparent to everyone as the season progresses.

The one thing I didn't like was that 45-50 minutes was spent in Storybrooke and the last 5 minutes was spent back in FTL. It was almost like an after thought. All in all, we loved the episode and can't wait until Sunday!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #2841
momtoprincess A
Mouseketeer

Didn't Rumple bring Henry to Storybrooke as a baby? I understood he got Henry for Regina. If he was able to leave when the curse was on... why can't he leave now?
I guess I kind of assumed he could come and go all along.

Mom to Prince C (15) Prince M (13) and Princess A (10)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #2842
CarolinaBlue
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Sundrop is good, but Cherry-lemon Sundrop is better!

Great episode. Love this show! Of course, just like LOST, this show leaves me with questions:

1. Why doesn't Snow know Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)? She knows Cinderella.
2. Speaking of Cinderella, where is she?
3. Where is August/Pinnochio?
4. What happened to Belle?

Also curious as to how Captain Hook will be introduced . Will he arrive from outside of Storybrooke (which doesn't seem likely since all the others were sent to Storybrooke when the curse happened) or are we supposed to believe that he's always been there? Maybe he arrives via another portal?

Up next: 12/14Previous trips: OKW10/13,ASM 10/13,DL(offsite)08/13,SSR 05/14,05/13,Fantasy 08/14,12/12,Dream 05/11,WL-10/11,10/10,05/10,Poly-08/09,Sports/Disney Magic-05/09,BWI-12/08,Wonder-04/10,05/08, POFQ-05/12,08/10,09/08,05/08,08/06,12/05, BC-02/08, ASMu-12/07,06/95,CBR-05/07,FW12/12,08/12,08/11,05/11,12/10,08/10,04/10,12/09,08/09,12/08,02/08,05/07,AOA-12/12,Pop Century-04/11,06/04, offsite-06/02, 03/90
Old 10-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #2843
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoprincess A View Post
Didn't Rumple bring Henry to Storybrooke as a baby? I understood he got Henry for Regina. If he was able to leave when the curse was on... why can't he leave now?
I guess I kind of assumed he could come and go all along.
He certainly facilitated it... but he didn't necessarily bring him to her himself.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #2844
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team

I think Pinocchio's eyes blinking were him becoming a real boy again- I think he got up and went in search of his Father.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2845
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post
Great episode. Love this show! Of course, just like LOST, this show leaves me with questions:

1. Why doesn't Snow know Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)? She knows Cinderella.
Maybe she was asleep most of the time Snow was older.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #2846
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
I think Pinocchio's eyes blinking were him becoming a real boy again- I think he got up and went in search of his Father.
Oooh...I hope so. It seems logical.

As for time in FTL and our world time might not move at the same rate in both places.

Snow white might not have known Aurora simply because the Kingdom is so large. Aurora was found sleeping in a far corner of FTL.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #2847
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Actually, I thought he was hiding from his father -- he didn't stay "a good boy" and watch over Emma like he promised, and turned back to wood because of it. My thought he was too embarrassed to meet his father.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #2848
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I think Emma has magic because there is no magic stronger than true love. Emma is the result of true love, and if Rumple could make magic in a bottle by mixing a hair from Snow and Charming, surely their daughter would possess a whole lot of the magic in her?

Love this show...love the theories too!

Also, I think Dr. Whale is Monstro, and another fairy tale character too. Wouldn't it be possible that his original form (Peter Pan, Robin Hood, etc) was cursed and turned into a whale?

Or, maybe he's Flounder from the Little Mermaid.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #2849
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I think Emma has magic because there is no magic stronger than true love. Emma is the result of true love, and if Rumple could make magic in a bottle by mixing a hair from Snow and Charming, surely their daughter would possess a whole lot of the magic in her?

Love this show...love the theories too!

Also, I think Dr. Whale is Monstro, and another fairy tale character too. Wouldn't it be possible that his original form (Peter Pan, Robin Hood, etc) was cursed and turned into a whale?

Or, maybe he's Flounder from the Little Mermaid.
Flounder the philanderer?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #2850
lovin diz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post

Also curious as to how Captain Hook will be introduced . Will he arrive from outside of Storybrooke (which doesn't seem likely since all the others were sent to Storybrooke when the curse happened) or are we supposed to believe that he's always been there? Maybe he arrives via another portal?
dh and i were thinking...what if snow and emma were transported to netherland? Mulan said something to the effect of their home was destroyed and they found a place of refuge (or something like that) We noticed alot of water...I think captian hook will arrive in "that world." Just a thought...Love this show, it totally keeps you guessing

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: