Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #76
Erin in RI
LoveDisneyRunning

Going to a run!

I am heading out for a run! Good news always comes during a run and if per chance it doesn't then I still got a run in! Let there be

My FB athlete page "For the Love of Disney Running"
http://lovedisneyrunning.blogspot.com/
@LoveDisneyRun
http://pinterest.com/lovedisneyrun/
Instagram - lovedisneyrun
Erin in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #77
Texashokies
Disney Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Hey Kuleen! I'm in Georgetown too! Small world.
VERY Small World. My hubby is the director the Georgetown library. My kids go to McCoy & Benold.
Texashokies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #78
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashokies

VERY Small World. My hubby is the director the Georgetown library. My kids go to McCoy & Benold.
I love our library. . What a great job. My kids are at Ford. Hey- if we both make the panel we can carpool to the airport for training. Lol

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #79
PrincessPSU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in RI
I am heading out for a run! Good news always comes during a run and if per chance it doesn't then I still got a run in! Let there be
Hey Erin! I've been following your blog, for a little while now. I'll be at the PHM in February!!
Just finished my run, I was hoping something would happen during my run too. In fact, I heard the "ding" and checked my email while on the treadmill...shhh...don't tell anyone, that's a big gym no no.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
PrincessPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #80
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

While we're all continuing to wait for the magical email, please add me to the list of hopefuls.

Allison S.
DCL
NC
Mom, DH, DD-10, DS-8

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #81
Erin in RI
LoveDisneyRunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPSU View Post
Hey Erin! I've been following your blog, for a little while now. I'll be at the PHM in February!!
Just finished my run, I was hoping something would happen during my run too. In fact, I heard the "ding" and checked my email while on the treadmill...shhh...don't tell anyone, that's a big gym no no.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks for reading my blog!

I had a wonderful twilight to evening run. My phone stayed quiet though! Anyway all is good, I logged another 6.6 miles!

Back to waiting, blogging and costume making!

My FB athlete page "For the Love of Disney Running"
http://lovedisneyrunning.blogspot.com/
@LoveDisneyRun
http://pinterest.com/lovedisneyrun/
Instagram - lovedisneyrun
Erin in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #82
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe999pink
I put soft serve, and I did put Space Mountain. I feel a little better, but maybe both pineapple and soft serve are right!
Here's food for thought on the Dole Whip debate:
Yesterday marked the opening of the application process for the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel available at disneymomspanelsearch2013.com. As with last years application process, there were questions regarding specific knowledge on Disney Parks (as well as Disney trivia in general).

One of the questions has seemingly sparked up a bit of a debate between hopefuls  and perhaps with good reason:

QUESTION: WHAT INGREDIENT MAKES THE DOLE WHIP SO SPECIAL?

(A) Whipped Cream (B) Pineapple (C) Soft Serve Ice Cream (D) Strawberries

Immediately we can eliminate both A and D simply because anyone whos everlooked at a Dole whip, let alone ate one, can see those two options dont exist. So that just leaves one of two remaining possibilities. Is it the pineapple that makes it special? or is it that its soft serve ice cream?

But before we answer, lets just all agree on this: neither one of those really tends to make a product special. So well just loosen up our definition of special just this once.

So the pineapple or the soft serve ice cream? The pineapple answer comes into question (and very reasonably so) because despite Disneyland only offering a pineapple version, Walt Disney World offers a choice of pineapple, vanilla or orange, and even a swirled combination. Its also par for the course that if you do ask for a Dole whip at Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom, you will be asked to choose your flavor. So apparently  at Walt Disney World at least  pineapple does not define a Dole whip. So it can only be the other choice: soft serve ice cream.

Except  whats so special about soft serve ice cream, really? And we probably shouldnt ignore the fact that& well& a Dole whip isnt ice cream at all. The company that sells the Dole whip mix, Precision Foods, defines the product as a lactose free dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. So soft serve? Yes. Ice cream? No.

So despite the process of elimination pointing very meekly at pineapple as the probable answer, the truth is, the answer is whatever the person who made up the question wants it to be and that is one answer we may never find out.

Read more: DEBATE: What Ingredient Makes the Dole Whip so Special? (Spoiler) - StitchKingdom.com - StitchKingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #83
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

Talking Pineapple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe999pink View Post
Here's food for thought on the Dole Whip debate:
Yesterday marked the opening of the application process for the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel available at disneymomspanelsearch2013.com. As with last years application process, there were questions regarding specific knowledge on Disney Parks (as well as Disney trivia in general).

One of the questions has seemingly sparked up a bit of a debate between hopefuls  and perhaps with good reason:

QUESTION: WHAT INGREDIENT MAKES THE DOLE WHIP SO SPECIAL?

(A) Whipped Cream (B) Pineapple (C) Soft Serve Ice Cream (D) Strawberries

Immediately we can eliminate both A and D simply because anyone whos everlooked at a Dole whip, let alone ate one, can see those two options dont exist. So that just leaves one of two remaining possibilities. Is it the pineapple that makes it special? or is it that its soft serve ice cream?

But before we answer, lets just all agree on this: neither one of those really tends to make a product special. So well just loosen up our definition of special just this once.

So the pineapple or the soft serve ice cream? The pineapple answer comes into question (and very reasonably so) because despite Disneyland only offering a pineapple version, Walt Disney World offers a choice of pineapple, vanilla or orange, and even a swirled combination. Its also par for the course that if you do ask for a Dole whip at Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom, you will be asked to choose your flavor. So apparently  at Walt Disney World at least  pineapple does not define a Dole whip. So it can only be the other choice: soft serve ice cream.

Except  whats so special about soft serve ice cream, really? And we probably shouldnt ignore the fact that& well& a Dole whip isnt ice cream at all. The company that sells the Dole whip mix, Precision Foods, defines the product as a lactose free dry mix that is reconstituted with tap water and frozen down in a soft serve machine. So soft serve? Yes. Ice cream? No.

So despite the process of elimination pointing very meekly at pineapple as the probable answer, the truth is, the answer is whatever the person who made up the question wants it to be and that is one answer we may never find out.

Read more: DEBATE: What Ingredient Makes the Dole Whip so Special? (Spoiler) - StitchKingdom.com - StitchKingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

Pineapple! And here's why:
Soft Serve Ice Cream is found all over the world. But it is very rare to find a treat that has soft serve ice cream floating in a pineapple juice concoction!

Amy
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Please join me for my blog:
http://amysamazingdisneyadventures.wordpress.com/
And on our weekly podcast:
http://www.mqpodcast.com/
----------------------------------------------
4/90 FtW 4/92 Poly 7/92 FtW 11/00 ASMu
5/02 ASSp 4/03 condo 4/05 CBR 4/06 Pop
3/07 CBR 5/08 AKL 4/09 BC 4/10 DCL Magic 10/11 Pop 11/11 ASMo 2/12 YC 5/12 CBR
2/13 AoA & DCL Dream 10/13 ToT10Miler
11/13 DCL Fantasy
Amy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #84
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy18

Soft Serve Ice Cream is found all over the world. But it is very rare to find a treat that has soft serve ice cream floating in a pineapple juice concoction!
Well if you are right I'm out

Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #85
Marnm02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy18 View Post
I believe you are referring to a dole whip float, not a dole whip. Although I'm a float girl myself, they are different.

I was so torn on this question, but the reason I went with "soft serve ice cream" is because of this: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/listing/

It was the only ingredient on the list that was mentioned on an official Disney website. When I read "pineapple" I took that to mean actual chunks or slices of pineapple, not juice or flavoring. Plus, there is no pineapple or pineapple by-product in the orange or vanilla flavors.

I could very well be over thinking it. I honestly wish the question was more clear because I don't think either answer is completely right. I do, however, think (and hope) it was meant to be more of a fun question, and the Moms Panel gods will be happy with either answer.
Marnm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #86
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnm02
I believe you are referring to a dole whip float, not a dole whip. Although I'm a float girl myself, they are different.

I was so torn on this question, but the reason I went with "soft serve ice cream" is because of this: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/listing/

It was the only ingredient on the list that was mentioned on an official Disney website. When I read "pineapple" I took that to mean actual chunks or slices of pineapple, not juice or flavoring. Plus, there is no pineapple or pineapple by-product in the orange or vanilla flavors.

I could very well be over thinking it. I honestly wish the question was more clear because I don't think either answer is completely right. I do, however, think (and hope) it was meant to be more of a fun question, and the Moms Panel gods will be happy with either answer.
I hope so too!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #87
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

I agree, there are two schools of thought here. But my thought is that question may have been designed to eliminate people who really don't "know" Disney World. If you have never had, or heard of a Dole Whip, then you would have no idea that it has pineapple in it in some way/shape/form. What would have been a better question is "where can you find a Dole Whip?" Because, that REALLY would have eliminated a LOT of people, since there are two places to get one at WDW

Amy

11/13 DCL Fantasy
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #88
Marnm02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree, there are two schools of thought here. But my thought is that question may have been designed to eliminate people who really don't "know" Disney World. If you have never had, or heard of a Dole Whip, then you would have no idea that it has pineapple in it in some way/shape/form. What would have been a better question is "where can you find a Dole Whip?" Because, that REALLY would have eliminated a LOT of people, since there are two places to get one at WDW
ITA! Or, they could have made it an essay question: describe what makes a dole whip special to you. Pineapple lovers could go on about the pineapple flavor, and anti-pineapple people could talk about the orange flavor or the unique texture of the vanilla.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #89
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

That is perfect! We should have a job coming up with the application questions!
What I don't like about the "names" on the menu is: how can vanilla or orange soft serve be called a Dole Whip? They should really have a different name. I mean, Dole makes pineapples, not oranges, or vanilla beans. A friend of mine lives in Hawaii and she said the only ones they serve at the Dole plantation are pineapple, no other flavor, and they float it in the juice.

Amy

11/13 DCL Fantasy
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #90
Marnm02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is perfect! We should have a job coming up with the application questions!
What I don't like about the "names" on the menu is: how can vanilla or orange soft serve be called a Dole Whip? They should really have a different name. I mean, Dole makes pineapples, not oranges, or vanilla beans. A friend of mine lives in Hawaii and she said the only ones they serve at the Dole plantation are pineapple, no other flavor, and they float it in the juice.
on helping with the application questions. It seems every year there is one that I second guess myself on

I think it depends on where you live, but in my area you can find dole stickers on a whole bunch of different fresh and frozen produce. I agree though that pineapples are probably what they are best known for. I recently read that dole whip mix is available in tons of different variety including raspberry and mango. Oh, what I wouldn't give to try those

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: