Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
jm0925
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
No. We were on it once during Wishes. It was desserted & our boys got to "steer" the boat.

Yes, it's better by day when it's easy to see but there's enough light to see the main things throughout. It's more eerie at night.
That's cool! Eerie is the word that comes to mind when I think of riding that one at night. I know for the Special Events which are in the evenings, it is usually one of the rides that is marked as closed.

*October 2014 - Halloween with Mickey and Food and Wine at Epcot.*February 2014 - 3 Park Special! Love being a Florida Resident. *Mickey's Halloween Party - October 2013**Seaworld & Aquatica with a little Disney Mixed In - August 2013**Kicking off summer at the Magic Kingdom - May 2013*.*Mickey Christmas Party- December 2012 with a First Time Stay at the All-Star Sports Resort, *Epcot Food and Wine Festival - Nov 2011, *Mickey's Halloween Party - Oct 2011, * Lived in Florida all my life. Many other trips before these.
jm0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Sparrow624
"I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

This is dissapointing. DW and I always ride the jungle cruise during XM hours (at least we did). It is the best then!

2003 - Off Site - 2 nights 3 days
2006 - Grand Floridian 8 nights 9 days (Honeymoon)
2009 - Boardwalk - 3 nights 4 days
2011 - Grand Floridian - 7 nights 8 days (5 year Anniversary)
Sparrow624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #18
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

I loved how they took Splash Mountain away but added Tiki Room instead. Because they're equally as popular and crowded, right?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Sounds to me like they are doing some much needed maintenance on Splash? It was down more than it was up when we were there in August. Parts were shut off even when the ride was running. They could be fixing up small sections at night.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
eyeheartgoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidMommy View Post
I loved how they took Splash Mountain away but added Tiki Room instead. Because they're equally as popular and crowded, right?
LOL ...exactly what I was thinking! On what planet would the Tiki Room be considered a good trade for Splash?
eyeheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartgoofy View Post
LOL ...exactly what I was thinking! On what planet would the Tiki Room be considered a good trade for Splash?
What? You never noticed the mad rush into Adventure Land in order to be one of the first to see the Tiki birds at rope drop?!!! I'll bet you were too distracted with thoughts of Dumbo and Space Mountain.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I think the trade of Tiki Room for Splash stinks too. I just keep telling myself that they are using the extra down time to keep Splash Mountain running smoothly. Don't know if that is true, but it makes me feel a bit better to believe it.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Celidh
DIS Veteran

We were there this past week and did EM hours at MK twice. I did note that although Splash Mountain was closed, we did see the ride running with an empty car one of the nights. That would tell me that at least once, they were doing something on it.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #24
FestivalOfFantasy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I'm sorry that your little girl was disappointed. No one likes unexpected ride closures. But a little research ahead of time would have alerted you to the EMH changes at MK. Here's a quote from Allears . net

You can also find the information on Disney's website for what attractions are open during EMH and which ones are closed.

Here's a link to the EMH page on Allears.
And here's a link to scheduled closures and rehabs
I hope it helps anyone else to prepare their kids for what may not be open when they are visiting the parks.
I'm very confused, because this website lists Grotto and PFTH as closed, but Touring plans lists it as open. Anyone been recently to know whether or not these meet n greets are open during EVENING Extra Magic Hours??
Recent trips: November 30th, 2013 - January 4th-5th, 2014 - January 14th-16th, 2014 - February 14th-16th, 2014 - February 20th-23rd, 2014 (Cinderella Royal 5K) - March 8th-9th, 2014 (Festival of Fantasy Debut) - March 20th-23rd, 2014 - May 3rd-4th, 2014 (Be Our Guest Dinner and Star Wars Character Breakfast) - May 22nd-24th, 2014 (24 Hour Event and Star Wars Character Dinner) - August 23rd-25th, 2014 (Birthday Trip and Villains Unleashed Event) - September 12th-14th, 2014 (MNSSHP!) - September 26th - 28th, 2014 (Frozen Fun) - October 3rd-5th, 2014 (Tower of Terror 10 Miler)

Upcoming trips:
November 1st-2nd, 2014 - November 7th-9th, 2014 (Wine & Dine Half and Jingle Jungle 5K) - February 19th-22nd (Princess Half Marathon, Enchanted 10K and Princess 5K)

FestivalOfFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #25
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FestivalOfFantasy View Post
I'm very confused, because this website lists Grotto and PFTH as closed, but Touring plans lists it as open. Anyone been recently to know whether or not these meet n greets are open during EVENING Extra Magic Hours??
You bumped a two year old thread, the info listed here is not current.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
FestivalOfFantasy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney

You bumped a two year old thread, the info listed here is not current.

I'm sorry, I'm new and can't open a new thread. I've been a disboards stalker for years and have seen other users yell at users who start a thread that's already being discussed somewhere else, so I thought I was doing the right thing. The thread may be two years old, but it links to a website that is current, so I have two current websites that are contradicting. Does anyone know which one is correct?
Recent trips: November 30th, 2013 - January 4th-5th, 2014 - January 14th-16th, 2014 - February 14th-16th, 2014 - February 20th-23rd, 2014 (Cinderella Royal 5K) - March 8th-9th, 2014 (Festival of Fantasy Debut) - March 20th-23rd, 2014 - May 3rd-4th, 2014 (Be Our Guest Dinner and Star Wars Character Breakfast) - May 22nd-24th, 2014 (24 Hour Event and Star Wars Character Dinner) - August 23rd-25th, 2014 (Birthday Trip and Villains Unleashed Event) - September 12th-14th, 2014 (MNSSHP!) - September 26th - 28th, 2014 (Frozen Fun) - October 3rd-5th, 2014 (Tower of Terror 10 Miler)

Upcoming trips:
November 1st-2nd, 2014 - November 7th-9th, 2014 (Wine & Dine Half and Jingle Jungle 5K) - February 19th-22nd (Princess Half Marathon, Enchanted 10K and Princess 5K)

FestivalOfFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #27
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm new and can't open a new thread. I've been a disboards stalker for years and have seen other users yell at users who start a thread that's already being discussed somewhere else, so I thought I was doing the right thing. The thread may be two years old, but it links to a website that is current, so I have two current websites that are contradicting. Does anyone know which one is correct?
Are you talking about AM or PM EMH? Ariel's Grotto is open during AM EMH, PFTH is closed for both.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
livndisney
DIS Veteran

I hope someone is able to help you. Good Luck.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

Quote:
Not sure where you have seen anyone yelled at for starting another thread. It's confusing when you bump up an old one.

You should ask your question on the theme parks board, they would be able to answer your question.

Last edited by powellrj; 09-05-2014 at 03:57 PM.
powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #30
kevdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome to the board! Hope you find an answer and continue to participate.
kevdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: