Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
cmiewald
Earning My Ears

RSR Single Rider with Tween

I'm starting to develop our plan for RSR for our spring break trip and I'm wondering if it would work if we (me, husband and 11 year old daughter) used the single rider line? My daughter is fine riding without us -- my husband or I would go first, then her, then one of us so someone would always be with her in line but my concern is the exit. I'm wondering if all the RSR cars exit at the same place and if there is one exit (I know there are two tracks). I want to make sure one of us would be there when she got off the ride and we didn't miss each other in the crowds. Has anyone done this with a "tween"?
cmiewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

The exit is up the stairs and out, all the cars finish where they start. With the exception of the accessable car.

At the top of the stairs is the photo place so you could all agree to stay there until all 3 of you have finished.

Have fun.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
cmiewald
Earning My Ears

Fantastic. We'll try to ride together the first time but will use the single rider line for additional rides.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
sand2270
DIS Veteran

I did this with my 12 year old daughter last week. I was in front of her in the line, the plan being I get off the ride first and wait for her at the exit. The only problem was she ended up in a car in front of me which I didn't know. I didn't exit all the way (I waited about halfway the exit walkway is pretty long) and she did. She had her cell phone and called me. So my advice agree on a meeting spot and use cell phones if she has one.

Now that she is old enough there are rides that she will go on alone if I dont feel like it. I will walk through the lines with her, tell the CM I am not riding, and wait for her at the exit.
sand2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiewald View Post
Fantastic. We'll try to ride together the first time but will use the single rider line for additional rides.
Be aware she could also be pulled into the accessible car as their are frequently odd numbers. Or they could select her car to detour to the accessible area even if she loads at the regular area. That would mean she exits there. I would suggest a meeting spot at other than the immediate exit area, such as the garage by RSR entrance.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Buddyex
Earning My Ears

I'd suggest putting her in the middle if there are 3 of you doing single-rider, there's a very good chance that one parent will end up in the same car/different row to her, otherwise make sure everybody meets at the photo-viewing point at the end of the ride
Buddyex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyex View Post
I'd suggest putting her in the middle if there are 3 of you doing single-rider, there's a very good chance that one parent will end up in the same car/different row to her, otherwise make sure everybody meets at the photo-viewing point at the end of the ride
Again, one of the three of you could end up at the accessible line, and they do not exit to the same photo viewing area. An alternate plan would be advised.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

I too suggest having a meeting spot. The Stanley statue/fountain works well for this.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
cmiewald
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Hard to plan without knowing the ride set-up so I appreciate your insights. We'll pick a meeting spot and make sure she has a phone.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #10
kymom99
DIS Veteran

My 13 year old son and I used the single rider line this past July. He went first and ended up a car or 2 ahead of me. We just met just outside the unloading area. I didn't realize that one of us could have been in a car that unloaded in the assistance area. Fortunaely that didn't happen. I guess if it did we would have figured it out, since we each knew when the other loaded. Very smart to make the meeting totally outside the ride.

At DL, my son went on Indy by himself using a FP. I had ridden it once and by later in the night I had had enough. I sent him on and told him to meet me next to Bengal BBQ. In the meantime, F! let out and the hordes of people were frightening! The walkways are very narrow and the congestion was unbelievable. I was so afraid that my son would be confused and unable to find me. Fortunately the FP line was longer than I would have expected and the crowds thinned out by the time he exited and he found me easily. I was a little nervous!
June 2008: POFQ
June 2009: Cape Cod
June 2010: CBR The whole gang!
July 2011: Holiday World
July 2012: 1st trip to Disneyland!
June 2013: Siesta Key and RCCL Bahamas
June 2014: Pittsburgh, PA
kymom99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I was going to say what others have said, I was there 2 weeks ago, 2 adults in our party. We rode the single rider line often.

One time, my car was pulled into the accessible loading/unloading area. You can point this area out to your tween, and just say to follow the path to the end to meet up... there was no advanced warning that our car would go over there.

The single rider line moves super fast, and is wonderful.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Same thing happened to us last week. 4 adults rode. I was in 1st car, DSs GF in 2nd car, she raced DS in car next to her and DH was in car behind them. DSs GF came off right behind me in line, and then we realized DS and DH were ahead of us in the exit queue because they came out another exit. Must have been the one PP mentioned.
I would just meet up at the photo - that's what we did.
Awesome ride!! Apparently two different tracks at some point - girls in our party went through the new paint shop - guys went through Luigis.
We only waited 15 min in the SRL - standby was 70 min.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

OP- this was my plan too. However, single rider was not available at days/times we were in the park. I asked a CM & was told they didn't have SR but wasn't given a reason why??

So I wouldn't count on this 100%. You might try for FP's & hope for SR.

We rode twice, once around 1pm & waited 90 mins. And again around 6pm & waited 2 hours- eek!

But we were lucky enough to ride both sides & during day & evening. The right side in the evening was my fav!!

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #14
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

We like to meet at the Stanley Fountain in front of City Hall, very easy to find, right outside the RSR ride exit. We did the SR line quite often, that was the easiest place to meet as there were times some of us were pulled to the accessible area upon exiting.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
Tif
Earning My Ears

How old does a child have to be to use the single rider line?
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: