Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #991
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great report of the Boardwalk!! I have only stared long;y at it !! We did take a pix and suggested that out next FREE Trip we stay there, but that didn't happen!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #992
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Germany - and especially my home town of Nuremberg has a lot of toy industry. Nuremberg hosts the world largest toy fair (a true business event, only open to buyers) every February. I once got a ticket for it through work and it was amazing. From the huge halls filled with tiny stalls with Chinese manufacturers who are selling cheap sand toys and such to the massive exhibition spaces of the big companies which often were closed in by walls and you could only enter by personal invitation as they were showing the new stuff for the next Christmas season there already
That's sounds really cool! Remind me next time in Nuremburg buy toys! LOL! I really want a wood carved nativity! I'm kicking myself for not buying one when I was there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #993
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Way to pull rank there.
I could have also used that I am older, but once you near the 4 as the first of the two numbers making up your age, you don't want to be reminded of your age anymore... Was much better when I was 14 and Katharina was only 11!!

Quote:
I have to admit, that clown gives me the creeps.

And good for you for using the slide. Why would you want to act like an adult at Disney World?
Yes, that's what we thought as well!!

Quote:
That does sound odd.
The refillable mug issue at the BW is one of those things... There is a thread on the DVC boards where people post one thing they like and one thing they dislike about their home resort. I think nearly everyone of the BWV owners dislike the refillable mug issue. But it does come in handy if you want to take your drink with you: show them the mugs, get the cups filled with the drink of your choice, quickly dump the mugs in your room and get rid of the disposable cup whenever the drink is finished.

Quote:
I can see where being able to walk to Epcot and DHS would be really great!
Yes and that is most likely the best liked feature of the BWV! It becomes rather addictive!!

Quote:
That's what I love about AKL and WL too. I don't get blown away by the theme at YC, BC, and Boardwalk. But then again, I grew up on the East Coast in America, so the theme doesn't feel very exotic to me.
I have a fried from Southern Florida who thinks Old Key West is the most boring resort as it just looks like home to him. I find it charming. But I can't imagine ever staying at the "Disney's Alpine Village Resort" if they ever built one like that... Luckily there is more than one resort for everyone to chose form!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #994
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Love the wrap up. Yes I need to go back to the Boardwalk. I have stayed there once before when the kids were much younger and the lack of a CS was an issue for us. Of course I was not on the DIS and did not know what I know now so it was a struggle.

I love that Boardwalk shirt and may need to walk over from the BC next wek to snatch it up.

Oh the phone thing in Greece would have had me You don't wake me up.... for ANY reason except fire.
It's not yet the wrap up! I still have something about dining written (just waiting for approval from my baby sister)!! I also have more DLP pictures (still need to upload them to Photobucket) and then a proper conclusion and an outlook!

That Greece story turned out to be one of those fun stories that we still love about today, but it was unpleasant when it happened. But this was the most fun family we ever had. It started with my father shocking the security person at the airport with having some really old apples (all wrinkly) in his high end aluminium camera bag - which resulted in her not searching the bag properly and missing the knife he had packed in there to cut the apple with - and it was not a normal kitchen knife!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great report of the Boardwalk!! I have only stared long;y at it !! We did take a pix and suggested that out next FREE Trip we stay there, but that didn't happen!!
Sorry that your free trip did not take you to the Boardwalk! Maybe you should go for a meal there one day? The Boardwalk Bakery has some very decadent treats!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #995
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
That's sounds really cool! Remind me next time in Nuremburg buy toys! LOL! I really want a wood carved nativity! I'm kicking myself for not buying one when I was there!
I am sure you will get your carved nativity when you are in Germany the next time! And as to the toys - I think you can get more or less the same here as in every other city in Germany. But I can certainly take you to a nice toy shop! Oh, and there is a toy museum.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #996
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
And there you were trying to tell me how to treat a sister in a previous post - I would never do anything like that to my sister!!! But then she is not afraid of clowns - only of bedside telephones...

Germany - and especially my home town of Nuremberg has a lot of toy industry. Nuremberg hosts the world largest toy fair (a true business event, only open to buyers) every February. I once got a ticket for it through work and it was amazing. From the huge halls filled with tiny stalls with Chinese manufacturers who are selling cheap sand toys and such to the massive exhibition spaces of the big companies which often were closed in by walls and you could only enter by personal invitation as they were showing the new stuff for the next Christmas season there already.

Wow... I'll bet the toy fair is amazinglll I'd love to see the toys made in Germany but I'm sure many of them are very expensive because of the quality of the workmanship... I think it is sad to see toys that are supposed to be German... actually copies made in China...like a cuckoo clock that was made in China... Some German Toymakers came to America. There was a company outside of Philadelphia, the Schoenhut Toy Company that was founded by a German family and made German style toys but with American themes... in the beginning of the 20th century ...like they made a Teddy Roosevelt Safari Set...Actually Pennsylvania was settled by many Germans earlier in the 1700s so they are many older businesses and traditions that come from Germany in the area... sometimes you hear the term Pennsylvania Dutch because the early English speaking settlers translated the word Deutsch as Dutch and thought the settlers were Dutch not German...

Yes, I think that is especially true for the Deluxe resorts and the DVC resorts. All of them have a special perk associated with them. I guess it is then just a question of personal taste and priorities!

I am sure that you will love your stay there! I am not a huge fan of the decor at the Beach Club, so I guess I will defer staying there until they will have updated the units there. I am sure they will do that at one point, like they did with OKW. Even the Boardwalk has gotten a new design rather recently and I like it better than the old rooms. But the location is nearly equally good as the Boardwalk - closer to Epcot, but further away from DHS. And then of course that pool!! I really want to try that one day!!!

I think that a few of the resorts could benefit from a little freshen up... but I am so excited about the location and the pool (hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy it...

It is really strange how debated that clown is here in the DIS!
Yes there doesn't seem to be much in between feeling about the clown... people like it or are terrified of it...
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #997
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
It's not yet the wrap up! I still have something about dining written (just waiting for approval from my baby sister)!! I also have more DLP pictures (still need to upload them to Photobucket) and then a proper conclusion and an outlook!

That Greece story turned out to be one of those fun stories that we still love about today, but it was unpleasant when it happened. But this was the most fun family we ever had. It started with my father shocking the security person at the airport with having some really old apples (all wrinkly) in his high end aluminium camera bag - which resulted in her not searching the bag properly and missing the knife he had packed in there to cut the apple with - and it was not a normal kitchen knife!!
Great more to come!!!!! I did indeed snatch that shirt up on my last trip.

The apple story Oh My!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #998
marvali
DIS Veteran

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Magdalene!

Ich hoffe, Sie haben ein ganz besonderer Tag mein Freund!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report

Last edited by marvali; 11-06-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #999
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Happy Birthday Magdalene!!! Have a fantastic day!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #1000
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Magdalene!

Ich hoffe, Sie haben ein ganz besonderer Tag mein Freund!

What he said......I think

Party:
Hope your day is wonderful!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1001
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hmmm... Sadly I don't have the German like Marvali...

but let's try...

Bon Anniversaire! Joyeux Anniversaire!

Happy Birthday Magdalene!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #1003
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Happy Birthday Magdalene!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #1004
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

A day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you had a great one!!!!

I do believe I agree with you on every count of the Boardwalk. It never was fully attractive to me until I stayed there - I was nervous about it not having a full theme (like AKL), but it truly does and it quickly soared to the top of my list.

I'm SO happy to see Boardwalk themed merchandise!!!! I didn't realize they had some now!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #1005
Flossbolna

Hi Everyone!!!

I can't believe how long I have been away!! So sorry for disappearing. But I have the best intentions for finishing this up as the next trip is less than 4 months away and I certainly can't travel to Florida without finishing this first!

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow... I'll bet the toy fair is amazinglll I'd love to see the toys made in Germany but I'm sure many of them are very expensive because of the quality of the workmanship... I think it is sad to see toys that are supposed to be German... actually copies made in China...like a cuckoo clock that was made in China... Some German Toymakers came to America. There was a company outside of Philadelphia, the Schoenhut Toy Company that was founded by a German family and made German style toys but with American themes... in the beginning of the 20th century ...like they made a Teddy Roosevelt Safari Set...Actually Pennsylvania was settled by many Germans earlier in the 1700s so they are many older businesses and traditions that come from Germany in the area... sometimes you hear the term Pennsylvania Dutch because the early English speaking settlers translated the word Deutsch as Dutch and thought the settlers were Dutch not German...
That's fascinating about the toy factory. I knew about the German settlers in Pennsylvania. And I always find it fascinating how some of the German tradition was kept while other things weren't.

The confusion about Pennsylvania Dutch is interesting - as I think the English word "Dutch" for anything related to the Netherlands actually comes from the same word as "Deutsch". It's just that somehow my country, which calls itself Deutschland, is called by most of its neighbours by different names, namely those of the old tribes that used to settle there and that were their closest neighbours respectively. There was the tribe of the "Alemanni" which settled in South Western Germany - obviously the French Allemagne is a derivative from that. The Italians still use the Latin name "Germania" - which was most likely brought by the Romans to England as well, hence the English name Germany. In the east e.g. in Poland, the name is "Niemcy" which (as far as I know) kind of translates into "strangers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I think that a few of the resorts could benefit from a little freshen up... but I am so excited about the location and the pool (hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy it...Yes there doesn't seem to be much in between feeling about the clown... people like it or are terrified of it...
Oh, I need to catch up on your TR to see what you write about the BC!! Did you see that they announced that they will introduce triple sheeting at the DVC resorts in the near future? I am very excited about this as I think that an upgrade in bedding will do wonders for some of the resorts!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: