Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Child age 2 on dining plan?

Hi everyone! We have a trip coming up in May. We are thinking about purchasing the dining plan. However, my DD is 2 & according to what I have read about the dining plan she won't actually be on the dining plan. It says that we could just pay for her meal or she can eat off our plate. Am I able to purchase the dining plan for her anyway? She would definitely eat a plate to herself! LOL! TIA!

deedeew80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

I've been looking into this too as we're in the same situation. My 2year old will probably polish off a kids meal, while my 4 year old will take a few bites. From what I read you can't purchase a dining plan for under 3. So we are going to pay for a kids meal OOP the first couple days for our 2year old. If the prediction is correct we'll stop and the boys will split one.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi everyone! We have a trip coming up in May. We are thinking about purchasing the dining plan. However, my DD is 2 & according to what I have read about the dining plan she won't actually be on the dining plan. It says that we could just pay for her meal or she can eat off our plate. Am I able to purchase the dining plan for her anyway? She would definitely eat a plate to herself! LOL! TIA!

I believe in order to do that you would have to register her as 3 years old and therefore needing to buy her park tickets. Also, it may affect your accomodations if you are 4 in a room plus one under 3. It is much easier to just buy her her own plate oop.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
I believe in order to do that you would have to register her as 3 years old and therefore needing to buy her park tickets. Also, it may affect your accomodations if you are 4 in a room plus one under 3. It is much easier to just buy her her own plate oop.
This is correct ^^^. You would have to mark her up to a 3 year old, purchasing her tickets to match yours and purchase the DDP for her as well.

Much less costly to purchase her an individual meal of her own instead.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
20yBWDW
Mouseketeer

We have a 2-year-old and are on the dining plan. We chose buffets and family style meals for our 1 table service a day, because I read that she can have her own plate there. We are going to either share meals (things like pizza, the rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's) or buy her a kids' meal OOP. Truthfully, I could make an entire meal out of my 3 kids' leftovers, so it may not work for you, but looking over the menus, I found a few places were I could easily make 4 meals out of 1 adult meal and 2 kids' meals, including the side and dessert.
20yBWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Jimbeaux28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymanda
I've been looking into this too as we're in the same situation. My 2year old will probably polish off a kids meal, while my 4 year old will take a few bites. From what I read you can't purchase a dining plan for under 3. So we are going to pay for a kids meal OOP the first couple days for our 2year old. If the prediction is correct we'll stop and the boys will split one.
Pay OOP at the end of your trip, using your meals at the beginning if need be.

We made that mistake our last trip, paying OOP at the beginning and ended up leaving meals on the plan when we checked out.
Jimbeaux28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Thanks everyone!!! Looks like the best way to go is just to pay for her meals OOP!

deedeew80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

If you eat TS at buffets it's no big deal because you can just get a plate/extra plate for them. When we were there a few weeks ago, we ate at CRT and Akershus and DS2 was given meals at no charge.
For CS meals, we just worked around and split what we could or bought a little extra. There were 2 occasions where we had to order an extra kids meal but most of the time we had enough for everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: