Epcot - Soarin
MGM - Toy Story Mania
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #827
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
QOTD Monday, October 8

It's Monday so let's have a fun question! What is your favorite ride in each of the parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, DL, CA)? Are there any rides you can do without or that you think need a makeover?
MK - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
DHS - Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari

I haven't been to Disneyland. :/
I can totally do without Dinosaur. It's too scary and bumpy for me
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #828
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

This is a great goal, Fran, and totally doable.

And I am going to channel Pamela for a second here . . . get rid of those "just in case" pants.

I agree .... I need to let go. I have some bags going to the Goodwill and I am going to take a look at my closet again and part with at least one pair if not more!

Hello all! Trying to post on here at least once a day even if only to answer the QOTD. I'm swimming along here but need to be losing. I'm thinking there is a correlation between being on here and being successful.

Happy Monday!
I do think there is a correlation. Nice to have you back.

Quote:

Ouch! I fell this summer while running but luckily there was no traffic around. It must happen to the best of us!

Do you keep score on Toy Story Mania?

So, I know I had looked at the 5k at the zoo & couldn't remember why I didn't sign up. So I looked again & realized that IT'S EARLY!! I'd have to leave around 5:30 to get there for registration. I'm not feeling that lol! But it's sounds fun! That zoo is pretty hilly so I bet it'll be a tough race! DH said my DS9 could never do it because he would stop to look at all the animals & forget that it was a race lol.
I keep score with my sons ... all of us compete with each other. I couldn't tell you our highest scores. It only matters when we are there. I always try to find the strategies to high scores before we go.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #829
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Sunday, October 7 QOTD
It's a chilly 42 degrees in wesern PA. Winter is trying to creep in. How do you prepare for exercising during colder months? Do you still go outside to exercise or do you stay inside? And, if you live where you don't have cold months, you're lucky

I will eventually head inside for my workouts. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy the fall weather before getting stuck indoors. It was in the 30s when I started my run/walk yesterday - and I still got a little sweaty. I have a pretty good selection now of gear to keep me comfortable. As long as the paths are clear and temps are above freezing, I'll be outside.
I already do my strength training inside, and I may do pool running or the elliptical as well. Hopefully I can at least get most of my long runs done outside - fingers crossed! (Please weather gods, don't make me do 20 miles on a treadmill!)

QOTD - Saturday -- quick meals
Our go-to quick meal is organic frozen pizza with a side of veggies. We will occasionally do breakfast for dinner or what we call "fend for yourselves" - which means we each have something that is lying around (veggie burgers, grilled cheese, etc.) As long as I can force myself to make veggies, these meals are usually pretty good for my calorie counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
It does get cold in FL, MB, I think it is the humidity makes it seem colder. I like "supper in the car" -- sounds like you do a good job of being prepared. When DS was little and we ran out of time for breakfast we would do "breakfast in a bag" and had cereal in a bag while we drove to daycare. Sounded better than "no time for breakfast today."
I'm glad you posted this. I still remember in a previous challenge where I lamented running out of time and giving a then-three-year-old-DD breakfast in the car - and you posted how it wasn't a bad thing and DD probably liked it. It made me feel a lot better at the time. And now, I've totally embraced breakfast on the go. DD and I eat breakfast in the car nearly every weekday. She has nutrigrain waffles, homemade muffins, or toast. I have peanut butter on whole wheat or a Larabar. She is such a slow eater and we have a lengthy commute to school, so it works out for us.

QOTD Monday, October 8
It's Monday so let's have a fun question! What is your favorite ride in each of the parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, DL, CA)? Are there any rides you can do without or that you think need a makeover?

MK: Hmm...not sure. We like Philharmagic for a show, of course Small World is classic, and I think Splash Mtn is one of the best rides, but we don't go on it often because we don't like getting wet!
Epcot: Test Track (hope it's still great after the makeover!)
AK: Kilimanjaro Safari
DHS: Toy Story Mania
DL: Indiana Jones
DCA: Soarin (haven't been to Cars Land yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
Mornin DISbuddies! I was wondering if anyone was doing a low carb diet?
I don't know if anyone is doing low carb specifically, but we have several people who do gluten-free. Hopefully they can chime in if you have any specific questions!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #830
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
MK - Carousel of Progress
AK - Safari
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - Toy Story Mania
Nice list. I love Soarin and TSM, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB View Post
MK - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
DHS - Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari

I haven't been to Disneyland. :/
I can totally do without Dinosaur. It's too scary and bumpy for me
You sound like another daredevil!
I haven't even been on Dinosaur. And, I have no desire at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I will eventually head inside for my workouts. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy the fall weather before getting stuck indoors. It was in the 30s when I started my run/walk yesterday - and I still got a little sweaty. I have a pretty good selection now of gear to keep me comfortable. As long as the paths are clear and temps are above freezing, I'll be outside.
I already do my strength training inside, and I may do pool running or the elliptical as well. Hopefully I can at least get most of my long runs done outside - fingers crossed! (Please weather gods, don't make me do 20 miles on a treadmill!)

Good for you for keeping up with your outdoor activities even when cold. I can't even imagine a 20 mile run let alone a 20 mile run on a treadmill! Yikes!

QOTD - Saturday -- quick meals
Our go-to quick meal is organic frozen pizza with a side of veggies. We will occasionally do breakfast for dinner or what we call "fend for yourselves" - which means we each have something that is lying around (veggie burgers, grilled cheese, etc.) As long as I can force myself to make veggies, these meals are usually pretty good for my calorie counts.

Pizza and veggies ounds yummy & quick! This is going on my list for time crunched days. Thanks!

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: Hmm...not sure. We like Philharmagic for a show, of course Small World is classic, and I think Splash Mtn is one of the best rides, but we don't go on it often because we don't like getting wet!
Epcot: Test Track (hope it's still great after the makeover!)
AK: Kilimanjaro Safari
DHS: Toy Story Mania
DL: Indiana Jones
DCA: Soarin (haven't been to Cars Land yet)

I totally understand not wanting to be wet and walking around the park. I guess if I went in suer, I would love Splash! Yay for another TSM lover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

QOTD~
MK~tie between Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean
Epcot~Soarin With Test Track and very close second
DHS~Toy Story Mania (for now~it's a great family ride & my boys didn't want to do ToT or RR last year)
AK~Kali River Rapids (even though I am the one who always gets soaked even with a poncho!)

I have never been to DL. I really want to go, but it's pretty expensive to fly from PA. Plus, if I'm in California I'd like to do other things as well. Then, the next thing you know I have a 3 week vacation in the works! DH is constantly shaking his head at me

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Have you ever hit a plateau in your weight loss journey? What did you do to get past this plateau?

Good night all! I'll see you in the morning!

Jill
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #831
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Motivational Monday

There may be days when you get up in the morning and things arent the way you had hoped they would be.

Thats when you have to tell yourself that things will get better. There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.

But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.

There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you. It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are.

So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be.

Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.

Hoping everyone had a great and productive weekend, looking forward to a great week, I have two interviews wish me luck. The weather in Philadelphia has been horrible it was freezing this morning we had to turn the heat on. It sucks when it's rainy and horrible, you feel sleepy and lazy lol. I wanted to say no matter what don't let anyone stop you from completing your goals, not family members and not friends. If someone can't support a healthy life change then it's time to have a serious talk or time to evaluate the friendship.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #832
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

QOTD Monday, October 8

This is hard. I love almost all of the rides.
MK - Wishes - I know it's not a ride, but it's my favorite thing to see
EPCOT - Test Track (or as we call it - Crash Test Dummies)
AK - Expedition Everest
DHS - Tower of Terror
DL - a tie between Matterhorn and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
CA - a tie between California Screamin' and TSM
Disney Hokie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #833
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Just made a WDW Restaurant Spreadsheet for a friend who is going in Feb. (She doesn't have ADRs yet and I'm freaking out for her!!! She's going President's Week!!)

Anyways....I made the spreadsheet with my recommendations and now I'm hungry. Ugh. I hate being hungry so late at night.
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #834
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

JILBUR
The advise from Jeff Galloway was geared toward my running and my problems with asthma.

I have been run/walking 1 min/1 min but having some difficulty getting farther than about 6 miles. He told me to do 30 sec/30 sec or even 15 sec run/45 sec walk until I could get my endurance up.

I tried the 30/30 and feel it will work for now. No asthma attack yesterday when I ran, but I only ran for 30 min. Plus that puts me at the 13 min mile pace if I can continue and get my endurance up.

We also talked about how to get the stride shorter to lessen chance of injury. He said to run 30 sec and count your steps. Then run again for 30 sec and try to add one step. To do this 4-8 times in a drill and with practice the stride will get shorter and the steps will increase which will naturally increase your pace AND decrease risk for injury. He advised to keep steps as low to the ground as possible and to practice shuffling so that I was not as likely to raise my knee high which could increase risk of injury. Plus slow me down.

He is such a down to earth guy and loves to pass it on to the next group of runners. I will definately be signing up for his running school after my contact with him on saturday.

QOTD Monday, October 8

I have not been to the East coast but my favorite of the West coast rides for DLR: I enjoy all the rides but LOVE riding the Storybook canal boats and have to ride them several times each trip. I can just imagine being a tiny little person or character and moving from area to area. Plus I'm envious of all the great work the gardners have done to put this together.

In DCA i used to say Toy story was my favorite but this last trip was talked into TOT and oh my the drops really remind me of when I was a kid and we went on road trips and going over the hills a little too fast in the car (this was before seat belts) and we would move up off the seat just like you do in the drops in TOT. It may seem crazy but it brings back some really great childhood roadtrip memories.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #835
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Tuesday morning everyone

School has been kickingm y butt for the last month. I feel like I am so far behind in one class that I don't know how I am going to cover everything that needs to be covered. And I can't move any faster with this group because if they don't get the material we will have even more problems. Then throw in the fact that ALL the copy machines are down in the building and the printer in my room is over 10 years old and has been giving me problems adds to the stress.

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK TTA and then everything else except the raceway (my favorite park)
Epcot Soaring
AK safari
DHS TSM I do keep score on this because I have beaten dh every time I have played against him.

DL IASW the ride into this ride is so different from DW that it is worth the trip just to see this.

CA wasn't around when we were there.

Off to have breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #836
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Playing catch up again!! Busy weekend kept me off the computer ecept for a quick peek at email. High school football game Friday night, Army/BC game on Saturday (yay, Army!!), cheering friends on for the Hudson Mohawk Half Marathon on Sunday morning, and then campaigning 5 hours again on Sunday and Monday - we had Monday off for Columbus day.

Quote:
Sunday, October 7 QOTD

It's a chilly 42 degrees in wesern PA. Winter is trying to creep in. How do you prepare for exercising during colder months? Do you still go outside to exercise or do you stay inside? And, if you live where you don't have cold months, you're lucky

Jill
I try to run outside until it gets really cold - maybe 17. Then I just can't take it. But the ice will scare me off - I'm a klutzy runner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hokie Gal View Post
Got my 9-mile run in. It was my longest run since the Tinker Bell run, which isn't good. We were very slow, so need to pick it up if we hope to finish the W&D in the time allowed. And we have to finish - we're getting the Coast to Coast medal!
Wow, wow, wow. So impressed with the Coast to Coast!!!

Quote:
QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: Carousel of Progress
Epcot: Soarin'
AK: Expedition Everest
DHS: TSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post

I am hoping for the 40 pounds for you this week! DITTO!!!!

I know when my clothes feel good, I feel good.

That is so true!!!

I have some dress pants that are too big for me ... but I keep them as my, "Just incase" pants. I really should just give them to Goodwill. Perhaps this would get me to focus on staying at the weight I am at ... and losing those last 10-15 pounds. You are making me think about my behaviors .....
Off to wake up DD13 - DS17 just left for the high school bus. Have a great day everyone!!
Jude

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #837
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Have you ever hit a plateau in your weight loss journey? What did you do to get past this plateau?

I wouldn't say plateau exactly. For the past month it's been big loss one week, gain a little the next, big loss the following week, gain a little back. I'm trying to find some consistency losing. I had been doing it all along, just this past month has been weird. We'll see what the scale brings this week!

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #838
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I keep score with my sons ... all of us compete with each other. I couldn't tell you our highest scores. It only matters when we are there. I always try to find the strategies to high scores before we go.
I could use some of your tips for when I go to WDW next month. I've yet to see an "Easter Egg" on that ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I'm glad you posted this. I still remember in a previous challenge where I lamented running out of time and giving a then-three-year-old-DD breakfast in the car - and you posted how it wasn't a bad thing and DD probably liked it. It made me feel a lot better at the time.
Aww, thanks for mentioning that, Nicole! DS doesn't even remember those hectic commutes now and it sounds like that makes for some good one-on-one time in the car together for your and your DD.

Quote:
QOTD Tuesday, October 9

When I hit a plateau I usually double check my tracking and caloric intake. After awhile I am not as vigilant as I should be and "things" start creeping in my mouth that are forgotten when it is time to record. I will also make sure I am getting all my activity because that will slow me down. I have had periods of time where the scale won't move but I lose inches and vice versa. It's one of those things where you just need to be extra careful and keep on course even if you can't see the finish line.

that you get to DL someday, Jill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Hoping everyone had a great and productive weekend, looking forward to a great week, I have two interviews wish me luck.
for you and your interviews today, Ally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
Just made a WDW Restaurant Spreadsheet for a friend who is going in Feb. (She doesn't have ADRs yet and I'm freaking out for her!!! She's going President's Week!!)

Anyways....I made the spreadsheet with my recommendations and now I'm hungry. Ugh. I hate being hungry so late at night.
You are a good friend to help her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
JILBUR
The advise from Jeff Galloway was geared toward my running and my problems with asthma.

I have been run/walking 1 min/1 min but having some difficulty getting farther than about 6 miles. He told me to do 30 sec/30 sec or even 15 sec run/45 sec walk until I could get my endurance up.

I tried the 30/30 and feel it will work for now. No asthma attack yesterday when I ran, but I only ran for 30 min. Plus that puts me at the 13 min mile pace if I can continue and get my endurance up.

We also talked about how to get the stride shorter to lessen chance of injury. He said to run 30 sec and count your steps. Then run again for 30 sec and try to add one step. To do this 4-8 times in a drill and with practice the stride will get shorter and the steps will increase which will naturally increase your pace AND decrease risk for injury. He advised to keep steps as low to the ground as possible and to practice shuffling so that I was not as likely to raise my knee high which could increase risk of injury. Plus slow me down.

He is such a down to earth guy and loves to pass it on to the next group of runners. I will definately be signing up for his running school after my contact with him on saturday.
I have been doing the shorter intervals for sometime now and it has really helped my running. I do 15/45 or 15/30. It is a lot easier to continue running throughout the run, even the longer ones, as you don't get so tired out at the end. I had so much gas in the tank during my last long run I was able to do some fast 800 m repeats at the end a couple of weeks ago. Ususally I would be trudging and enduring by then.

Dona, hope things calm down for you at school soon.

DisneyHokieGal I will be seeing you soon! Were you at the WISH meet for the Tink? Sorry if I did and don't remember -- there were so many folks I didn't ever put together everyone's names and user names.

Hope you have a great day, too, Jude!

Just keep swimming everyone!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #839
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Congrats on the race! What did you think of the race? That Three Caballeros ride is so fun!

Jill
The race was awesome! I would definitely do another one again. The track was really cool, and the volunteers were great too. There were a lot of people dressed up like bellhops, but two guys were dressed up as hotel guests- they had bought the ToT towel wraps you get in the gift shop, with the keychains strapped to the towel and wearing shower caps!! It was so darn funny!!!!

Quote:

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Good night all! I'll see you in the morning!

Jill
I haven't really hit a "plateau", but I hit times where I fall off the wagon. I would love to be on plan long enough to actually hit a plateau...as crazy as that sounds!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #840
disneymom2one
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
Mornin DISbuddies! I was wondering if anyone was doing a low carb diet?
I don't officially do a low carb diet but I eat very few carbs in general. When I do, it's whole grain, high fiber. My diet is 80% veggies and fruits.

---living in paradise and vacationing with the Mouse

--- DVC members - OKW

disneymom2one is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: