Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #256
Claudine877
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 146

I shipped a box UPS to AoA on Tuesday and was advised it should arrive on Friday 10/5. We're checking in Tuesday 10/9. Just wanted to ensure no impact from weekend and Columbus Day! From PA to FL it cost 26.00 for a 26lb box. It was 17x17x17 size box. I got them to print out another label from AoA back to home address (which cost another $1.00 more) so for @ 50.00 I get the convenience minus the worries of dealing with the airlines. Well worth it.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #257
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer
 
luvmyguyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 261

I'm trying to figure out the benefit of shipping snacks/toiletries over simply checking them as baggage? The quote I got for shipping a 45 lb box to the resort using UPS was MUCH higher than simply checking an extra bag. Am I doing something wrong with my calculations?

Checked bag (up to 50 lbs) on Airtran: $20
Shipping a 45 lb box via UPS: $39.01
Shipping a 45 lb box via FedEx: $32.45

What am I missing??
__________________
Me (35), DH (36), DSD (15), DS (7) DS (5)
Aruba - 08/03 & 08/04;RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10/06; CCL Liberty 01/09; CCL Pride 11/09;
WDW ASMu 04/10; BGW 09/10; WDW POP 06/11; WDW AoA 11/12; WDW WL 11/13


Last edited by luvmyguyz; 10-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #258
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz
I'm trying to figure out the benefit of shipping snacks/toiletries over simply checking them as baggage? The quote I got for shipping a 45 lb box to the resort using UPS was MUCH higher than simply checking an extra bag. Am I doing something wrong with my calculations?

Checked bag (up to 50 lbs) on Airtran: $20
Shipping a 45 lb box via UPS: $39.01
Shipping a 45 lb box via FedEx: $32.45

What am I missing??
Totally depends on size, weight and distance. 45 lbs is light for luggage but heavy for a shipped package.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #259
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer
 
luvmyguyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Totally depends on size, weight and distance. 45 lbs is light for luggage but heavy for a shipped package.
Well that makes sense. I guess I'll just weigh all of the items and see which works out to be the cheaper method of getting it there. Thanks to posters here on the Disboards, my packing list is growing everyday!! But everyone has such good ideas of things to bring!
__________________
Me (35), DH (36), DSD (15), DS (7) DS (5)
Aruba - 08/03 & 08/04;RCCL Explorer of the Seas 10/06; CCL Liberty 01/09; CCL Pride 11/09;
WDW ASMu 04/10; BGW 09/10; WDW POP 06/11; WDW AoA 11/12; WDW WL 11/13

luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #260
archdandy
DIS Veteran
 
archdandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 945

I read through a couple of pages on this thread but didn't see an answer to my question so I will ask it and hope somebody can help me. I'm wanting to order something from the Disney Store website to our resort so that it is there for the MNSSHP on the 23rd. I understand I put the resort address in the shipping address field and my name in the name field. But is that going to be enough for them to know that it is my package? There's no space for special instructions so I can't put in my reservation number. Does anybody have any experience with this? If I use the regular shipping will it arrive to the resort before the 23rd? Thanks!
__________________

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #261
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 120

Does anyone know if POR uses UPS or another shipping carrier to ship items from the Resort to my home that I box up and want shipped. Several years ago we stayed at WL and they only used FedEx for shipping items home from the front desk and the cost was almost $100....I don't want to incur that type of cost again if POR uses only FedEx to ship items home..any help would be appreciated...thanks!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #262
homer2210
Earning My Ears
 
homer2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 46

Most of the post discuss shipping water. I want to know if I can ship water, pop, snacks and other groceries from walmart to AOA? I have a concern because when I fill up my online cart at walmart it gives different arrival dates for items, not sure if this is a concern. I would think that walmart would delivery the whole order at once. How does it get delivered, boxes, bags?
homer2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #263
tink&stitchmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer2210
Most of the post discuss shipping water. I want to know if I can ship water, pop, snacks and other groceries from walmart to AOA? I have a concern because when I fill up my online cart at walmart it gives different arrival dates for items, not sure if this is a concern. I would think that walmart would delivery the whole order at once. How does it get delivered, boxes, bags?
I ordered water, Gatorade and snacks from Walmart in Aug. The water came in 1 box and the rest came in a second box. Both arrived well before the expected delivery date and were held without a problem for almost a week at the Pop.
__________________
DHmeDDDS
tink&stitchmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #264
homer2210
Earning My Ears
 
homer2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink&stitchmom View Post
I ordered water, Gatorade and snacks from Walmart in Aug. The water came in 1 box and the rest came in a second box. Both arrived well before the expected delivery date and were held without a problem for almost a week at the Pop.
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.
homer2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #265
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran
 
tripletsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 922

Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether you're charged the package fee? We're at art of animation starting November 5 and then at beach club villas December 30. It's been years since I've traveled with a diaper aged child, but now we have a new baby. . I am looking to ship diapers, wipes, etc through amazon.
__________________
Me DH DD8 DD8 DD8DS 6 months
tripletsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #266
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran
 
tripletsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 922

Just put all the items I would like to order on amazon in my cart to see what it would cost. It was close to $60 for shipping!! At that rate I'll just buy everything at home and pay $25 for a second checked bag on AirTran! Wasn't expecting such a high shipping cost!!
__________________
Me DH DD8 DD8 DD8DS 6 months
tripletsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #267
Solomani
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
Just put all the items I would like to order on amazon in my cart to see what it would cost. It was close to $60 for shipping!! At that rate I'll just buy everything at home and pay $25 for a second checked bag on AirTran! Wasn't expecting such a high shipping cost!!
Amazon is worth it if you have prime which is free shipping on most items. Prime costs $70 a year. See if you can get a free trial.
Solomani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #268
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama
Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether you're charged the package fee? We're at art of animation starting November 5 and then at beach club villas December 30. It's been years since I've traveled with a diaper aged child, but now we have a new baby. . I am looking to ship diapers, wipes, etc through amazon.
It is specific to the resort. The conference center resorts all do but Im not sure which ones that is. AoA won't. BW definitely does. But I don't know about BC.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #269
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran
 
tripletsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 922

Just placed my order for baby supplies and toiletries through Walmart to Art of Animation. Hoping everything goes well!
__________________
Me DH DD8 DD8 DD8DS 6 months
tripletsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #270
dznygurl
Mouseketeer
 
dznygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 174

I'm getting ready to place an order with Walmart. I'm just curious if ya'll are including your reservation numbers on shipping address? I saw a post from a while back saying it wasn't a good idea. But I'm concerned my package will not find me without it
__________________
ME DH
DS17 DD14 DS9 :

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
dznygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: