Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #1306
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Rinky! I was laying here in bed unable to sleep so I grabbed my iPad and decided to try and get caught up on the DIS. I was in Disney from the 1st-9th, then had jury duty and now I'm trying to build a homecoming float, so I've gotten rather far behind!

I could so relate to your hesitation about going to MK on a non-recommended day! I have a client right now that wants to go to the morning EMHs park every morning and then go to the evening one afterwards. I tried explaining to her that by doing that she is just following the crowds, but she is determined to go that route.....

I spent a little more time in the Main Street shops this trip, Jared's favorite was the Confectionery, lol! Mine was the art shop, so many things I wanted in there, but none that I could afford!

I will PM you my email address if you want to chat about the TA thing
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1307
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Rinky, oh rinky, where are you??
Hurry Back!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #1308
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Rinky, hope you are okay. Miss you!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #1309
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Rinky loved the update, I am so excited to see all the Christmas Decorations. Love the plans for you next trip and I want one of those rooms if we ever cruise the balcony looks fantastic!

BTW I think we all want that castle
There is nothing like Disney at Christmas. It's my favorite way to see MK! I loved the fall stuff too though.

I'm really excited about that big balcony. For the price difference, I thought it was well worth it since the cabins are so small. I think we will be able to see the fireworks from our balcony too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I heard from one TA friend. She said she would contact you through e-mail, as there is a DIS rule or boundaries about travel agents postingcertain things here. She didn't want to cause any problems for you or for herself, but she did say she would get with you.

I didn't think of that 'bad trip' aspect. I would feel guilty, even if I had nothing to do with it! I feel bad when someone doesn't like Pop or anything Disney, basically, as I feel like I have some kind of ownership in the place, or something.
Thank you! She did email me and was a HUGE help. I've chatted back and forth with her a few times now. She pretty much answered all the questions that I had.

I know what you mean about feeling like you have ownership in Disney! I'm the same way. If I suggest that someone goes and then they don't like it, I feel bad.... and a little irritated too! (Most of the time they don't like it b/c they didn't follow my advice. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hey Rinky! I was laying here in bed unable to sleep so I grabbed my iPad and decided to try and get caught up on the DIS. I was in Disney from the 1st-9th, then had jury duty and now I'm trying to build a homecoming float, so I've gotten rather far behind!

I could so relate to your hesitation about going to MK on a non-recommended day! I have a client right now that wants to go to the morning EMHs park every morning and then go to the evening one afterwards. I tried explaining to her that by doing that she is just following the crowds, but she is determined to go that route.....

I spent a little more time in the Main Street shops this trip, Jared's favorite was the Confectionery, lol! Mine was the art shop, so many things I wanted in there, but none that I could afford!

I will PM you my email address if you want to chat about the TA thing
Your life sounds as hectic as mine right now.... just one thing after another after another...

Well, as for the stubborn client... some people have to find out the hard way. I always wonder why people want your "Disney expertise" and then don't follow it!

Oh that art shop has some awesome stuff doesn't it! I really could spend a fortune in there.

Thanks for offering your help on the TA thing! I may take you up on it if I hear back from any of them. Brooke answered a ton of questions for me and pretty much filled me in on everything I was wondering about. I applied at several agencies, but haven't heard back yet from any of them. Honestly, after the last few weeks, it's probably a good thing though. Life has been ... 'difficult' lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Rinky, oh rinky, where are you??
Hurry Back!!
I'm here. Haven't gotten a darn thing done, but I'm here. I guess I won't be finishing this report before I leave for my next trip. I really can't believe that I've done that!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #1310
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Rinky, hope you are okay. Miss you!
Thanks Kelli! I am ok and I'm here, but it has been a challenging few weeks. I hadn't been feeling very good for a few days, usually right after dinner each night. I've never had any problems like that before, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Then about a week ago, I was having severe chest pains right after we finished dinner. It really scared me! I took everything I could think of for hearburn or whatever (even though I've never had any of that stuff), but it didn't help at all. I was a mess! Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up staying all night in the emergency room with the worst pain I have ever experienced. They ran all kinds of tests and determined that it is my gallbladder. I still don't feel 'normal', although I'm not in any pain now. I'm scared to eat anything though so I've been living off of chicken broth, rice, plain potoatoes, whatever is bland. The worst part is that we leave in 2 weeks for our trip and I am so worried that I am going to have problems while I am away, especially on the cruise!!!!! Can you imagine needing to go to the emergency room while on a cruise! The doctor says he doesn't think I need surgery (yet) and that it may get better just by being very careful about what I eat. How do you do that at Disney though? I don't even know what my food triggers are yet, so how do I avoid them when I don't know what caused it? We had homemade soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner that night. Do you know how many ingredients are in that kind of soup? Trying to figure that one out isn't going to be easy. I'm thinking maybe tomatoes, but IDK. Anyway, I'm rambling... Please say a prayer for me if you are so inclined that I will not have any attacks while we are traveling, especially in the middle of the Atlantic!!! I'm really stressing over that!

On a brighter note... your trip is literally right around the corner!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #1311
sharonW
DIS Veteran

So sorry rinky!!! Yikes and right before your diz trip, what stinky timing!!!
Hubby had the gall bladder issues a few yrs ago, NOT fun!!! He ended up having it removed and that ended those horrible attacks. pixie dust going your way for a happy disney trip. Fingers and toes crossed tight for you that the tummy problems stay away!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #1312
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's good to see you posting Rinky! I'm sorry to hear that you're having gallbladder problems. I'll definitely say a prayer that the problem does not flare up while you are on the cruise.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #1313
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Thanks Kelli! I am ok and I'm here, but it has been a challenging few weeks. I hadn't been feeling very good for a few days, usually right after dinner each night. I've never had any problems like that before, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Then about a week ago, I was having severe chest pains right after we finished dinner. It really scared me! I took everything I could think of for hearburn or whatever (even though I've never had any of that stuff), but it didn't help at all. I was a mess! Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up staying all night in the emergency room with the worst pain I have ever experienced. They ran all kinds of tests and determined that it is my gallbladder. I still don't feel 'normal', although I'm not in any pain now. I'm scared to eat anything though so I've been living off of chicken broth, rice, plain potoatoes, whatever is bland. The worst part is that we leave in 2 weeks for our trip and I am so worried that I am going to have problems while I am away, especially on the cruise!!!!! Can you imagine needing to go to the emergency room while on a cruise! The doctor says he doesn't think I need surgery (yet) and that it may get better just by being very careful about what I eat. How do you do that at Disney though? I don't even know what my food triggers are yet, so how do I avoid them when I don't know what caused it? We had homemade soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner that night. Do you know how many ingredients are in that kind of soup? Trying to figure that one out isn't going to be easy. I'm thinking maybe tomatoes, but IDK. Anyway, I'm rambling... Please say a prayer for me if you are so inclined that I will not have any attacks while we are traveling, especially in the middle of the Atlantic!!! I'm really stressing over that!

On a brighter note... your trip is literally right around the corner!!!
Oh, you poor thing! I had my gallbladder out last December so understand what you are going through. Not fun at all. (((hugs))) I hope your trip goes just fine. I will say good health prayers for you Rinky. Right around the corner for both of us! So excited!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #1314
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I am sorry you are not feeling well. Try not to stress too much while you are away, you don't want to be stressed out on vacation! I will say a prayer that all goes well for you and you have an amazing time!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #1315
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

and prayers that you feel well on your trip and have no emergencies! I hear a lot of people have gall bladder problems - I wonder what it is that we are all doing/eating?

I have decided I won't finish my TR either before this trip. I was going to race through the last 5 days in London - but there's way too many pictures and stuff. So I have made the executive decision to set it aside until after we get back! Too many other things to do in the meantime!

Feel better okay?

Oh - and having a verandah on the cruise - best.thing.ever!!!! We loved it and I can't wait to have it for Alaska next summer!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #1316
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oh no! My mom is having issues too and just had gallbladder tests done. They told it has no stones, but they can take it out if she wishes, but it doesn't "need" to come out. She said if it came out it would have to be done immediately as we leave for our trip in 4 weeks too.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #1317
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Prayers for you Rinky!! I sure hope you are feeling better very soon and don't have any issues while on vacation .
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #1318
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh no! My mom is having issues too and just had gallbladder tests done. They told it has no stones, but they can take it out if she wishes, but it doesn't "need" to come out. She said if it came out it would have to be done immediately as we leave for our trip in 4 weeks too.
Wow, that's surprising! When my husband had the gallbladder issues(no stones) he was told if it didn't come out he would continue to have problems, they were right. Gallbladder gone and so are the tummy issues!!!! Hope your mom stays pain free at diz and can enjoy the yummy foods!! enjoy your trip!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #1319
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry rinky!!! Yikes and right before your diz trip, what stinky timing!!!
Hubby had the gall bladder issues a few yrs ago, NOT fun!!! He ended up having it removed and that ended those horrible attacks. pixie dust going your way for a happy disney trip. Fingers and toes crossed tight for you that the tummy problems stay away!!
Thank you! I sure hope I don't need surgery. So far, all is well. Let's hope that continues!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's good to see you posting Rinky! I'm sorry to hear that you're having gallbladder problems. I'll definitely say a prayer that the problem does not flare up while you are on the cruise.
Thank you so much! I'll take every prayer I can get! So far I haven't had any attacks since last week, but I have been eating very little and very bland stuff. Not sure what's going to happen when we start eating on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh, you poor thing! I had my gallbladder out last December so understand what you are going through. Not fun at all. (((hugs))) I hope your trip goes just fine. I will say good health prayers for you Rinky. Right around the corner for both of us! So excited!!
Since I've had this problem I have heard of so many people who have the same issues or have had their GB removed. It seems to be a very common problem. I'm sorry you had to go through all this too. Thank you for the prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh no! I am sorry you are not feeling well. Try not to stress too much while you are away, you don't want to be stressed out on vacation! I will say a prayer that all goes well for you and you have an amazing time!
Thank you so much! I'm trying not to stress but it's hard. It's the cruise that worries me most. I know I can get to a medical center while at Disney (although I certainly don't want that either), but there is NOTHING at Castaway Cay except sand and water! They have a doctor on the ship, but I'm not sure exactly how much medical help they can offer in an emergency. At least it's only 3 nights. I would be freaking out if it was a week long cruise! And it will be at the end of the trip so hopefully by the time we board, I'll already know if the food is bothering me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
and prayers that you feel well on your trip and have no emergencies! I hear a lot of people have gall bladder problems - I wonder what it is that we are all doing/eating?

I have decided I won't finish my TR either before this trip. I was going to race through the last 5 days in London - but there's way too many pictures and stuff. So I have made the executive decision to set it aside until after we get back! Too many other things to do in the meantime!

Feel better okay?

Oh - and having a verandah on the cruise - best.thing.ever!!!! We loved it and I can't wait to have it for Alaska next summer!
I have no idea what causes all the GB problems. I sure wish I knew. I feel like everything I eat is a gamble!

I know what you mean on the TR. I feel so overwhlemed with all I have going on right now and I just have had NO Dis time at all. I have missed it sooooo much. I'm in the process of 'rearranging' some things in my life right now to try to have a better balance. We'll see how that goes. I'm glad you are going to wait to finish your TR too b/c I am so far behind! I'd love to be able to get caught up before you finish. I may be dreaming though.

I am really looking forward to the verandah. I hope it makes a big difference for me because our last cruise was not 'ideal'. This is sort of a 'do-over' cruise for me. I'd love to do the 7 night Eastern Car. cruise but not until I see that I can handle cruising better than I did last time. I'm really counting on that veranda!

Ohhhh, Alaska! That is on my list too! It is so expensive for us though b/c the airfare is so high to go across the country. We REALLY want to do that one though. I think the water might be a lot calmer too since so much of the route is weaving in and out of those little islands. I would think it would break up the waves and make for a smoother sailing. You'll have to let me know about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I sure hope things go well for her too. I'll say some prayers for her while I'm praying for myself! I know she must be feeling just like me and worried about it acting up while on the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Prayers for you Rinky!! I sure hope you are feeling better very soon and don't have any issues while on vacation .
Shelly! I've missed you friend! Thank you for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. I hope things go well too because if they don't, I'm swearing off cruising forever!

I hope all is well with you and your family. Looks like you made the right choice to go in December b/c TT and the new FL should both be open for your trip. We will be missing it.

Quote:
Wow, that's surprising! When my husband had the gallbladder issues(no stones) he was told if it didn't come out he would continue to have problems, they were right. Gallbladder gone and so are the tummy issues!!!! Hope your mom stays pain free at diz and can enjoy the yummy foods!! enjoy your trip!
They told me the same thing, that it didn't 'have' to come out (right now). But it could get worse and need to at some point. It may actually be a blessing in disguise for me b/c I lost 15 pounds back in the spring and then completely fell off the wagon during my very stressful summer! I'd had a hard time getting back on track, but this took care of that problem! I've eaten so little that I have lost another 5 pounds just this past week, so now I'm up to 20 that I've lost. If I keep on like this, I'll be thin again! I like the idea of that, but wish it didn't come about this way!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #1320
sharonW
DIS Veteran

I hear you rinky, the weight loss is usually always a good thing. You'll probably have to have the gall bladder out in time and if your tummy problems continue you'll be glad you did. My hubby had two major attacks before he decided to go for it and get the problem removed. He had it done laproscopically, recovery time minimal and he's been great ever since. The highly unusual part was he went 3, yes 3 full yrs in between attacks!!!
I know it won't be much fun but you can probably ask for bland foods on the cruise and at the world Here's some more pixie dust for you!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: