Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #121
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!
 
NHSchool2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 83

I don't really understand what some of you mean when you say you applied for certain roles.. Are you talking about in the application when you rated the positions based on your level of interest? Or are you talking about something else? Because I know that I put more than just 3 options in when I was rating the choices. Is there a way to go back and view the application to see what I put down?

I have my phone interview on Friday, so hopefully that will go well and I'll hear back soon. Good luck to everyone who already had theirs and who will be having them this week!

:. I went back and looked at the positions on the CP website, and I know that I was most interested in concierge and merchandise, but I also put down some interest in attractions, hospitality, and guest services. I guess what I'm hoping for should I be accepted is concierge, but I'd take any of those positions if one of them was offered to me.
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #122
Musings
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSchool2012 View Post
I don't really understand what some of you mean when you say you applied for certain roles.. Are you talking about in the application when you rated the positions based on your level of interest? Or are you talking about something else? Because I know that I put more than just 3 options in when I was rating the choices. Is there a way to go back and view the application to see what I put down?

I have my phone interview on Friday, so hopefully that will go well and I'll hear back soon. Good luck to everyone who already had theirs and who will be having them this week!

:. I went back and looked at the positions on the CP website, and I know that I was most interested in concierge and merchandise, but I also put down some interest in attractions, hospitality, and guest services. I guess what I'm hoping for should I be accepted is concierge, but I'd take any of those positions if one of them was offered to me.
When you apply for certain roles, you can put no interest in some roles. High interest/moderate interest are the ones you will be considered for as well as your top three. So when someone says certain roles, they mean they didn't mark any interest on the ones they didn't apply to.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #123
podicat1
Earning My Ears
 
podicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMalfoy View Post
Me neither :/ still being pended. But I have a feeling that our time is coming this week!! Maybe Thursday or Friday!! A lot of the people who got pended the week before us got accepted this past week... So let's keep our fingers crossed!
I'm now dreaming for the 'yes' for early next week! That's right, dreaming! Why? Because I know we all are dreaming for it! Because a dream is a wish the heart makes! And well, all of our hearts are completely in Disney and this CP opportunity :P ...and yes I did watch Cinderella with my little sisters today ;D
__________________
"‘Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #124
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)
 
KatMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1

I'm now dreaming for the 'yes' for early next week! That's right, dreaming! Why? Because I know we all are dreaming for it! Because a dream is a wish the heart makes! And well, all of our hearts are completely in Disney and this CP opportunity :P ...and yes I did watch Cinderella with my little sisters today ;D
Love love LOVE that!!! I watched Cinderella last week over my fall break!!!! And I agree! Early next week! It HAS to be!
__________________
Hoping to become a WDWCP Cast Member!
KatMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #125
podicat1
Earning My Ears
 
podicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMalfoy View Post
Love love LOVE that!!! I watched Cinderella last week over my fall break!!!! And I agree! Early next week! It HAS to be!
Aaaaaaannnnyyy day now! :D So excited! And I just got a general question.. O:
When I sign on my Dashboard, it still says "In Progress" is that normal? I would think it would say pending. Under it has all the email I've gotten so that's up to date, I just kind of figured it would be saying pending by now :P
__________________
"‘Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #126
grlwonder
Mouseketeer
 
grlwonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Aaaaaaannnnyyy day now! :D So excited! And I just got a general question.. O:
When I sign on my Dashboard, it still says "In Progress" is that normal? I would think it would say pending. Under it has all the email I've gotten so that's up to date, I just kind of figured it would be saying pending by now :P
I got my acceptance email yesterday yay! And I did my interview more than a week ago and it never said pending it stayed as "in progress". I don't think it matters what it says, in progress means they are still looking at your application. Mostly focus on the email they send you at the bottom. They give you up to 10 days to accept the offer, I haven't accepted it yet because I am talking with my advisor about taking the semester off and it still says "in progress" on my dashboard. I believe it won't change unless pending and/or actually accepting the offer.

But you will receive the email in no time. I got the email when I wasn't even thinking about it. I always checked my email and dashboard, but yesterday when I wasn't even thinking about it, it was there haha!
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away."

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!


grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #127
podicat1
Earning My Ears
 
podicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
I got my acceptance email yesterday yay! And I did my interview more than a week ago and it never said pending it stayed as "in progress". I don't think it matters what it says, in progress means they are still looking at your application. Mostly focus on the email they send you at the bottom. They give you up to 10 days to accept the offer, I haven't accepted it yet because I am talking with my advisor about taking the semester off and it still says "in progress" on my dashboard. I believe it won't change unless pending and/or actually accepting the offer.

But you will receive the email in no time. I got the email when I wasn't even thinking about it. I always checked my email and dashboard, but yesterday when I wasn't even thinking about it, it was there haha!
Oh my goodness congratulations!!! That's super awesome!!! And I was just wondering because my mom was asking me and I had no idea of the answer. But I did my phone interview on the 20th so it's almost been a month of waiting and I got the pending email so I was just curious if my status on the dashboard was..."normal" xD And lately I haven't been thinking about it until I actually get on my computer and start doing my school work and I'm like oh hey maybe I should check my email and everything
But thank you for the info, I'm forever grateful hahahah! :]
__________________
"‘Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #128
grlwonder
Mouseketeer
 
grlwonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Oh my goodness congratulations!!! That's super awesome!!! And I was just wondering because my mom was asking me and I had no idea of the answer. But I did my phone interview on the 20th so it's almost been a month of waiting and I got the pending email so I was just curious if my status on the dashboard was..."normal" xD And lately I haven't been thinking about it until I actually get on my computer and start doing my school work and I'm like oh hey maybe I should check my email and everything
But thank you for the info, I'm forever grateful hahahah! :]
LOL you're so welcome! And don't worry,you'll get the email soon... I can feel it!
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away."

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!


grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #129
cmb1221
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1

Pending...

I went through the whole interview process (WBI and Phone Interview) and got pended the morning after my phone interview. Not really sure if that's normal or if I'm thinking too much into it. If anyone could help answer this question it would be greatly appreciated !
cmb1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #130
Musings
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb1221 View Post
I went through the whole interview process (WBI and Phone Interview) and got pended the morning after my phone interview. Not really sure if that's normal or if I'm thinking too much into it. If anyone could help answer this question it would be greatly appreciated !
There are some people that get pended right away, that it takes two weeks or a week, it varies. There is no rhyme or reason to it other than the people working at Disney making the decisions.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #131
podicat1
Earning My Ears
 
podicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 36

I just got yet another pending email. At least it wasn't a denial!

Did anyone else hear anything!?
__________________
"‘Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #132
melbellex3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 12

I sent in my initial application on Tuesday and have my phone interview on Monday! I'm super nervous, but at the same time I believe that everything happens for a reason! I'm also nervous about applying so late and if a lot of the roles have already been filled!
melbellex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #133
podicat1
Earning My Ears
 
podicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbellex3 View Post
I sent in my initial application on Tuesday and have my phone interview on Monday! I'm super nervous, but at the same time I believe that everything happens for a reason! I'm also nervous about applying so late and if a lot of the roles have already been filled!
Good luck!!! You'll do awesome, don't be nervous. The people that interview people are so awesome and just plain out magical! It's awesome! Takes all your nerves away instantly then afterwards you'll be like 'there was no reason to be nervous at all' :P
__________________
"‘Cause that my friends is where the magic lives"
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #134
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran
 
heaven2dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: California
Posts: 3,352

Did anyone else get another pending email? I received one today that read:

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to review your information.

Your status is pending a final decision and you will be contacted with an update by December 14th, 2012. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting



This one was different from the first one I got. At least I'm still being considered!!
__________________
The "C" Family
DM DS36 DGD2 DGbaby::: DD34 DGS6 DGD1 DS31 DS27 DS20


WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #135
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan
 
KidGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,684

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Did anyone else get another pending email? I received one today that read:

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to review your information.

Your status is pending a final decision and you will be contacted with an update by December 14th, 2012. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting



This one was different from the first one I got. At least I'm still being considered!!
Yeah I got another pending like that. At least we are still in it. I'm dying to know though.
__________________
OH CANADA! DCL TRIP 2012
KidGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.