Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #166
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We had a nice day at Epcot yesterday. Animal Kingdom today, naps this afternoon, and MNSSHP tonight.

Yes, I will get the liquor prices for you. I had to grin, though, since I am an old-fashioned Church of Christ girl who has never had a drink. When I was a kid, even saying root beer was pretty daring stuff! I won't know a thing about any of the beverages I am posting about, but I am glad to do it for Disney/Pop informational purposes. I'm mostly a water drinker, so I'll probably freak out when I see the prices!

I have not had any luck on the entrance signs, as of yet. I have either been on the wrong side of the bus, it has been too dark, or I have had a kid or baby in my lap. I'll keep working on that request, but if I don't get it, I was glad to see that someone with a car - who can slow down and get a better shot - is coming soon.
Thanks MeMom!! You gave me reason to smile today too ... hopefully I not corrupting you ...what we won't do for Disney, right?? Appreciate it ... No worries about the entrance sign, it's not going anywhere.

Have a spook-tacular time tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2pugs View Post
Hello. Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at the POP. If we ever get back to Disney World, we will stay at the POP again. We did get our 50's building with a lakeview and it was great. :

This thread was great with all the information. Thank you Janet!
You're welcome and .... welcome back!! 50s lake view is great ... and it's so nice to see AoA now instead of discarded buildings...hopefully your next trip will be sooner vs later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandagoff1984 View Post
We will be at POP 10-12-12/-10/15/12 we will also be decorating are window with halloween decor. Cant wait to find yours!!! I love when others decorate...
Only a few days away!! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
POP is a great resort for solo travelers. I'm speaking from experience, as I did my first on-site solo trip there this past February, and am doing a second one in December
As you say, another great thing about POP, feeling a part of all the fun and energy, especially true for solo trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl View Post
We checked in yesterday and we're having a wonderful time so far.
Will try to do a short report after our trip.
Enjoy!! and we look forward to your review.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #167
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
Hello everyone...Please don't think that I am a trader Because on my next trip I am staying at AOA...Don't get me wrong I LOVE the pop but I want to try something new this trip.
I will be coming over to the POP to eat one night for the Mother's day out dinner. I just LOVE the fried chicken.
I will be back to the pop soon I promise
No such thoughts here ... AoA is our unofficial sister resort, right? And at POP it's all about peace, love and understanding ... so, we'll see you next time, fer shure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebanner View Post
Can't wait! Why do the days seem so long?

Parkhopper passes have been delivered. This will be my first on-site stay. Looking forward to warm days.
Agree with you ... the days go so s-l-o-w-l-y until you are in Disney, then it zooms by like we are on test track!!

And for your first on-site stay!! After your trip, if you have time and would like to share your thoughts on POP, we'll be right here

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #168
disney_girl123
Canadian Disney Fanatic

Checking into POP with my Mom for a little mother-daughter getaway on Oct 22-Oct 28!! Stayed at POP with a friend in July of 2011 and LOVED it, so can't wait to be back!

Booked it as a very last minute trip (only a month and a half out from departure!) so I've had to condense all of my excitement into a very short amount of time I must have been lucky though, got some great ADRs last minute!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #169
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl123
Checking into POP with my Mom for a little mother-daughter getaway on Oct 22-Oct 28!! Stayed at POP with a friend in July of 2011 and LOVED it, so can't wait to be back!

Booked it as a very last minute trip (only a month and a half out from departure!) so I've had to condense all of my excitement into a very short amount of time I must have been lucky though, got some great ADRs last minute!!!
Where did you get ressies.....I still can not get anything I want for 11/1-11-6???
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #170
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!!
What a great idea! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night!
My kids would enjoy having critters in our room! (Notice I said the kids!) Looking forward to another MeMom and family trip report!

Thanks again, Janet, for all of the information on this thread. I find myself going back again and again when I have a question. DH has been browsing with me (occasionally) and sends his thanks as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #171
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Checked-in Monday, 1st Pop Stay!

Got in yesterday afternoon. Had done online check-in, and had requested ground floor 50's...and got both requests! In building 2 and super close to the parking lot (we rented a car and I was hoping to be close to parking). They assigned us the perfect room! It's quiet and a nice garden view. Adjusting to the room size, as we usually stay at the Poly - but knew exactly what to expect following this thread and we are all settled in. The room is very clean, and we have our Mickey Mouse streamers in the window. Off to MK, but wanted to drop in real quick. To the other Poppers who are here now...have a magical day!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #172
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Thanks MeMom!! You gave me reason to smile today too ... hopefully I not corrupting you ...what we won't do for Disney, right?? Appreciate it ... No worries about the entrance sign, it's not going anywhere.

Have a spook-tacular time tonight!!
It's always a pleasure to make someone laugh or smile. This old world can wear on us day in and day out. A laugh, a smile, and a little Disney magic make things better.

I have pictures, and I apologize if there are too many, but I don't know up from down about liquor, so I got them all.

This is the cooler in the snack section in the food court.

These are from the cabinet by the counter in the gift shop. They did not show prices.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I think it's a good thing I don't drink. I couldn't afford it!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #173
lbklyn
DIS Veteran

I usually like an ice cold beer or a margarita when I feel like having a drink but I have not had a mudslide in years and those in the fridge above look VERY inviting!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #174
AggieMom28
Earning My Ears

Halloween activities @ Pop

Does anyone know when they might release the Halloween activities scheduled at Pop? I know they've had trick or treating and other activities the past few years. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #175
Robin K
DIS Veteran

Mom and I just booked a quick 4 night trip in May. After reading this thread and looking at pictures I am so excited.
We have done Disney before...just never at this resort. If anyone has additional tips, thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them.
Our main goal this trip is to check out the Flower and Garden Fest at Epcot. If anyone has any tips for that as well I would be so grateful...we usually travel in Sept!
Have a wonderful day....
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #176
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

It's almost here! 2 weeks from today I'll be checking in at the POP for the first time
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #177
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
It's almost here! 2 weeks from today I'll be checking in at the POP for the first time
me too!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #178
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeysMom View Post
Me too!!!

Well..not the for the first time..but hey...lol
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #179
Pikester
DIS Veteran

So how long has there been beer, wine and liquor at Pop? As far as I know it's been there since the very first time I went there back in 2006. I was talking about it the other day and DH looks at me, "They have beer and liquor at Pop?". He was with me for all 3 of our stays at Pop.

Thank you MeMom for the pictures!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #180
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
So how long has there been beer, wine and liquor at Pop? As far as I know it's been there since the very first time I went there back in 2006. I was talking about it the other day and DH looks at me, "They have beer and liquor at Pop?". He was with me for all 3 of our stays at Pop.

Thank you MeMom for the pictures!
It's been there since opening day.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: