Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #76
MegRose1107
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report! Your kids are so adorable! Sorry to hear about Taejan's heel, I hope he still had a good time and didn't drive you too crazy!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #77
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegRose1107 View Post
Loving your trip report! Your kids are so adorable! Sorry to hear about Taejan's heel, I hope he still had a good time and didn't drive you too crazy!
Thank you! He actually did great!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #78
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

I love reading your Trip Reports, and all about your fun family! Your style of writing is run to read, and your kids are too cute to not want to read about! We were there the same time you were so we know all about the dreaded rain, that would not go away in the afternoons! I can't wait to read more!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #79
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! The pics of your son with Belle are just adorable! Really made me smile!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #80
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Enjoying all your updates! We were in AK the same day!
We also ate at Garden Grill..It was our 4th time...we love it there! Never had a bad server either!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #81
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I love reading your Trip Reports, and all about your fun family! Your style of writing is run to read, and your kids are too cute to not want to read about! We were there the same time you were so we know all about the dreaded rain, that would not go away in the afternoons! I can't wait to read more!
Aw thank you! I just write it like I would say it..seems to work? Yeah the rain was something..but no where near as bad at last year overwall!

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #82
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Oh my goodness! The pics of your son with Belle are just adorable! Really made me smile!!
Me too... reminds me even when he drives me nutso he really is a sweet kiddo!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #83
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Enjoying all your updates! We were in AK the same day!
We also ate at Garden Grill..It was our 4th time...we love it there! Never had a bad server either!
Nice!! It is on our must go back list for our Sept('13) trip!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #84
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

So I am back.. we had our first day of schooling today and it went remarkably well so I have some time..I'm hoping to finish AK day before we leave for dance and basketball!

So after our safari we took the kids to the Boneyard...it was one of the few things they asked to be sure we did. And let's face it..we are all much happier if the kids get to burn some energy once in awhile!

This is such a great play area.. We love this, the one at HS and now the small splash area in MK..I think the only park that is lacking for the kids in this area is Epcot. We love Epcot but they need at least 1 play area like this for the kids IMO!

Noah and my mom arrived and Noah decided he just wanted to be alone to do AK today.. no problem. Declan was a little disappointed but not too much. After this Ziah wanted to ride Expedition Everest.. now before we came I said I was riding it.. I totally chickened out!
I swear she came off this loving it..despite her face!

Well my almost 9 year old totally rocked the ride and wanted to go again.. and shamed her mommy into not being a wuss.. Declan wanted to ride but didn't.. he wanted to say he rode but didn't actually want to ride. He tussled with himself for a good 5 minutes right until we got in line.. then he did it..he didn't let fear win.. so proud..he ( and I) hated it..lol..but we did it.. even though you can't see his head:

Up next was Kali.. now this ride is just too short.. I love it... love love love it.. but it should be twice as long..just sayin..

We ended up riding it twice.. and the 2nd time I got a lecture from a 6 year old about how I should wear a poncho because I will just be miserable all day now.. oh my.. I had to bite my tongue..not the kids fault her parents didn't teach her manners or thought it was ok to hear her lecturing me..LOL

After that we were all starving so we ended up at Yak n Yeti.. yum..

Then my mom and I had promised the kids they could play some of the games. I hate these things..mainly because I just have too many kids and it costs too much for them to each win! I also do NOT like that you can buy tickets from each stall.. it def holds up the actual playing.

But they had a blast so what can a parent do?

Pretty soon we made our way to It's Tough to be a Bug..

seriously HATE this netting..I get WHY it's there..but I still hate it!

Love that show.. it's still as funny now as it as in 1999 when I first saw it. Declan does NOT like it so he left about 3 minutes in and waited for us at the exit.

After this we really didn't have much else we wanted to do except get my mother on the safari..we had a much longer wait than we had in the AM..ugh..and a pretty dry and boring guide..but oh well..

About this time Noah texted us that he was also on the safari but they were stuck because a Giraffe wouldn't move.. good times!

[/IMG]

Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #85
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We ended up having issues with an Ostrich leading us very slowly..lol.. it's all good though.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #86
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

After the safari we did the jungle trek... oh mind you.. I was now using the not good camera.. grrr.. the other one was acting up.

these nest are so cool!

Then we headed off to Conservation Station ( or is it Rafiki's planet watch? eh..whichever)

Ziah spoke to a great CM there that is a vet of some sort. Ziah wants to be a vet bad and this CM took the time to tell her all the things she can do to make it happen..needless to say my almost 9 year old can't wait to be old enough to start volunteering at a rescue center..LOL.

We hopped back on the train and...

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #87
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

and we ran right into the parade..grr..same thing happened last year..will I never learn?? We couldnt go anywhere so we watched it on the other side of Tusker House..eh can't beat em join em right? Noah had texted us he was leaving the park and got stuck too..but he must have been closer to the front of the park.

Once we were able to leave the parade area we made our way to a bus for AKL..where we happened to see a familiar family. That morning we had ridden in with the most hysterical friendly family ( group of 8+ I'd say).. well as we get in line for AKL one of the moms says to taejan "i think you left this on the bus this morning"..it was his gold coin..lol..too funny! at this point Noah texted me asking where he was supposed to get off at AKL..um..no idea dude..mama didn't do her research apparently! All I could do was hope he made it alive.
We did and found him soon..I just followed the other family so I knew where to get off the bus..LMAO
This place is gorgeous! We were mad early because I wanted to explore!

We had what had to be one of the BEST meals! We checked into Boma early..got taken right away..seated next to that funny family..lol..and ate and ate and ate. Was amazing! After the meal Noah and Declan left and we went into the gift shop then headed out. We ended up on a bus to HS with the same family..then switched there to one for POFQ. We got back..and no Declan no Noah ( and Noah's phone was dead)... ok well maybe they hopped a bus to a further park to switch..no biggie...

Old 10-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #88
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We got to the room..Mousekeeping was great again!

We took Ziah and Taejan to the pool..and still no Noah and Declan.. now I was actually getting worried... trying to be but I was. It had been an hour since we got back! Finally they arrived.. they hopped a bus to DtD and we all know what a nightmare that can be.. from DTD back etc..but they were back and safe...all that mattered! I let the kids swim some more, then the skies opened up and it poured..bad!

the walkways and such hat turned into rivers!

and thus ended park day 4.. oh and yep..still no ponchos!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #89
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi there Really enjoying your report so far, especially all the pictures. Love you EPCOT days..it's my favorite park. -Amanda
Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #90
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi there Really enjoying your report so far, especially all the pictures. Love you EPCOT days..it's my favorite park. -Amanda
thank you thank you..more Epcot coming up soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: