Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
boscoj
Mouseketeer

DK Livery?

Does anyone have any experience with their service....good or bad? Their prices for a party of 6 is very reasonable compared to the shuttles or other town car services....just need some reviews to help m decide!

Thanks!
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
KFJames
Mouseketeer

We used them for our trip at easter & as we were coming from the UK was a bit apprehensive but would highly recommend. Excellent service, polite, nice modern clean vehicle
KFJames is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Do a search for them in the threads. There are a couple transportation threads going right now that mention this company by name as being recommended. I just looked them up last night based on a recommendation within that thread I was reading. So to me they sound like a good company to go with, based on what others have said.
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

We've used them a few times and will again in October. They have always been polite, on time, and the vehicles are well-maintained. Twice now we've had an SUV instead of the towncar we booked, but I can hardly complain about that. Also, they offer a free grocery stop, which comes in very handy.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
*Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!*
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
aimathy
Mouseketeer

We used DK's Livery and loved it.

I would HIGHLY recommend DK Livery. We just used their service a few weeks ago for our trip to California and they were excellent. He was there on time at the luggage area to meet us, got all of our luggage and took it to the SUV for us. We had 5 people, one of whom was a 4 year old that needed a car seat. The SUV was immaculate, the driver was pleasant and friendly, the car seat was so clean (a relief!) and the trip was easy. They were so affordable and there were NO OTHER STOPS! That alone was key for us. I dreaded having to stop at other hotels, or circling the airport to fill a van. We were the only passengers and I couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend using them!
aimathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #6
boscoj
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies! I'm glad that everyone has positive reviews....I was just curious because they cost so much less than all the other car services.

Another question, I know that $88 is supposed to b all inclusive but did any of u add a little more for an additional tip?
Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

- How far in advance do you need to make reservations?

- What store do they stop at for groceries? How long?

- Do you just send one family member in to shop while the others stay in the car? I'd hate to leave my luggage...

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
aimathy
Mouseketeer

We did give a little bit more of a tip when we left. We reasoned that it was reasonable to start, and he did provide excellent service. He also lifted, pushed and took out all of our luggage. I think we gave him another $10 on top of what was in the payment originally.
aimathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Disneygrandmareno
Earning My Ears

Double Charge

Has any one ran into this problem with this company. I booked two separate reservations with this company for this Saturday. One for myself and family and one for my sister and her family. We have both been charged. My sister called last week and said that she was charged again for this fee. Called them and they refunded her the money. Now today I go onto my account and they have charged me a 2nd time. I am sure that they will correct this but I am a little worried about them. I picked them because they had some great reviews on the board. Hopfully this is not a sign of things to come on Saturday.

June 2011 Disneyland
Sept. 2011 Disneyland
Oct. 2011 Disney World
June 2012 Disneyland
Sept. 2012 Disneyland
March 2013 Disneyland

Prior to 2011 twice a year since 1985
Disneygrandmareno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

- Do you just send one family member in to shop while the others stay in the car? I'd hate to leave my luggage...

Excellent questions.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Eclectic Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

- We've always made our reservations pretty far in advance, but last year, we called them the day before our pickup to change the time, and they seemed pretty flexible. I'm sure it depends on how busy they are.

- From LAX, they stopped at a Publix. It wasn't a huge store, but they had everything we were looking for. (Fresh veggies, granola bars, and adult beverages.) The stop is supposed to be for 30 minutes, so you'll definitely want to go in with a list and maybe a game plan if your list is long.

- Since I've already told you in a different thread that we leave our luggage, I'm guessing that you're probably looking for a second opinion, but I will just repeat what I said before: I wouldn't leave my purse in the car, but we don't worry about the luggage. If you're concerned, you could always put some luggage locks on before you leave the airport.

Disneyland Trips

Orlando Trips
Old 09-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
WA Kimmi
Earning My Ears

We just returned from our trip and used DK's Livery service. They have a special on their site for a round trip from the airport. We flew into LGB and it was $150 round trip. We stopped at the 7 eleven and bought a case of water and other items. We requested a SUV and it was clean, driver was helpful with our luggage and I would definitely use again. We also tipped $10 each pick up. HOpe this helps.

Kimmi
WA Kimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #13
boscoj
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up on the double charge....happened to us also. They were very apologetic (said some type of acct program error) but he funny thing was that my parents have decided to join us and I was able to apply the extra charge for them....got the email confirmation and everything. Let's hope everything goes smoothly!!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
Eclectic Goddess

Okay, so I know I was someone who previously gave great reviews for DK Livery, but this weekend, they let us down.

Upon arriving at SNA, I got a message saying to text them when we were at the curb for pickup. I thought that odd because they're supposed to meet us at baggage claim with a sign. I replied that we were just pulling to the gate, and got a fairly curt response, again saying to let them know when we were at the curb. We picked up our luggage and went out to the curb.

Mind you, we had no idea where on the curb to be, so we just went directly out the doors and picked a spot that wasn't crowded. Then I texted them back. They replied "3 mins". 15 minutes later, still no car. I'd just got out my phone to call again when we saw a towncar crawling through traffic, the driver leaning over holding up a little sign with my name on it. We waved at him and he seemed to see us and pulled to the curb near where we were standing...but then kept driving.

Because he was going so slowly, I left my DF to watch our bags and ran to catch him before he could pull away from the curb again. When I got to his passenger window and identified myself, he just stared blankly at me for a moment and said, "This is you?" I told that it was me, and he'd driven right past us. He said, "Oh, I back up." And then he just threw the car in reverse! Unfortunately, there were people behind him! Thankfully, he stopped before hitting anyone, and my friend brought our luggage over. He loaded it without a word to us, no greeting, no apology for being late or missing us, or anything.

We were a few minutes into the trip when I thought it would be a good idea to remind him we booked a grocery stop. That was when I realized that he didn't speak much English at all. After a couple tries, he finally understood me enough to say, "You need market?" We confirmed and sat back to try and focus on the fun we had ahead of us and not the way the trip was going so far.

At the grocery store, the driver pulled into a space about halfway back in the lot and said, "I be here, okay?" We'd never had a driver not drop us off and pick us up at the doors, but fine. Then my friend discovered her door was locked and she couldn't get out. It took a few seconds for him to understand the problem, and eventually he found the lock release and we gratefully got out of the car. After we got our groceries and headed back out, at least he opened the trunk and put our bags away for us.

It was on that second leg of the trip that I realized he was reading driving directions off a little slip of paper. Apparently, he didn't know the way from the airport to Disneyland? If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is!

We were really happy to pull up the driveway at the Grand Californian, but things quickly went sour. When we got to the booth, the CM asked who he was dropping off, and he didn't understand her question. He just kept saying, "Dropping off." My friend tried to roll down her window, but it was locked again. Finally, she ended up calling her name over the drivers head, and the CM looked relieved to wave us on.

I usually tip the drivers even though DK officially charges the tip in the bill for the car. I didn't tip that guy. We hurried to get our stuff and get into the hotel, where we knew that there would be plenty of smiling, helpful CMs to turn our trip around.

Then DF realized that she didn't have her little clutch purse anymore. I dashed back outside, but just missed him. I sent a quick text off asking him to come back, but didnt hear anything back for a few minutes, so I called. Instead of getting the driver, I got another man, who also didnt speak very good English. I made him understand that we needed the driver to come back to the hotel, and he said hed send him back. My DF went to the desk to try and get the check-in process started (without her credit card or ID) and I went outside to wait for the car. After about 20 minutes and another call, he finally drove back up, and didnt even recognize me as the person hed just dropped off. Instead, he turned to a bellhop who had been talking to me and said, I just drop off. The bellhop had to tell him that it was me! Then, the door was locked again, and the driver just stared blankly at me when I asked him to unlock it so I could get DFs purse, which was in plain sight on the back seat. Finally, the bellhop actually reached into the car himself and unlocked the door!

Not awesome.

We intended to contact DK to request a different driver for the trip back, but kept forgetting until the last day. We decided to just let it go and were relieved when a different man arrived to pick us up. He was pleasant and quick to take our bags. Things seemed to be so much better&for about 15 minutes. Wed been chatting, and it took that long for us to realize he wasnt getting on the freeway. He drove surface roads all the way back to SNA, turning was should have been a 25 minute trip into a 45 minute trip. If there had been some reason why he couldnt take the freeway, he didnt share it with us. He spent most of the drive on his phone chatting in Chinese. We almost cheered when we finally saw the airport.

We didn't give him an extra tip, either.

One theory we had about the drastic difference in service was because we flew into SNA instead of LAX. Maybe theyre running separate sets of cars and drivers? The contrast from this years experience and the last few is just amazing. Im planning to send them an email letting them know we werent happy with the service, but I cant see anything coming from it. I just dont think well be booking with them ever again. Those two trips were definitely the low points of the weekend.

Thought I would share.

Disneyland Trips

Orlando Trips

Last edited by Eclectic Goddess; 10-08-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Thank you so much for your review! I planned on booking them for our March trip, but now I am second guessing it. I don't necessarily need a grocery stop (I was just buying pop for DH), so that isn't a priority. Anyone want to give me a different company to call? I haven't even looked further than DK Livery.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: