Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #61
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
When my sister-law & went with our "only" children (dd 8 & dN 11)- when the fighting got too much, we split up and took them to different parks, sometimes SIL took my DD & I took my nephew. When we would meet back up they were usually really excited to share what the had done when they were apart.

"Kept to the code"- meaning up gave up your seat or the Commando code of not telling "non-disney" types the rules of proper conduct at WDW-

I was actually very surprised by an older man (20yrs my senior, that's really old) INSISTING I take his seat instead of standing...I made it a point to thank him and his wife for restoring my faith that there are still gentleman in this day & age.
Ah, since I am a Commando member and DisDad, I guess I need to better reference the code. The DisDad code is that no able bodied DisDad, except for those carrying children, should take a seat on the bus when women, children, elderly, or disabled are standing.

But, our code also says to finish a trip report before taking another WDW trip, but since some haven't finished trip reports from five years ago, then we refer to those parts as guidelines only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest&Relax View Post
Sounds like a nice relaxing day to catch up on much needed rest. I agree the BLT pool is way overcrowded. Much rather spend my time at the CR pool area also. Love the frog! Our boys would be fighting over the frog also. Part of the reason we could never drive that much is because of boys would be fighting in the car all the ways down! We also would split up at times just to keep our sanity. Glad we are past that now!

The bus transportation at BLT/CR really needs to improve. It is one problem I have with the resort.

Enjoy Fulton's and the rest of the night. Looking forward to hearing more.
That was one of the reasons we started driving at night. The kids would be able to sleep most of the trip and not be able to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Norm I have to ask, have you been to a park yet, you got some great eating in and it seems like you got some relaxation in

It's time to get down to business
Agreed. Our old commando days of parks every day are gone. I requested no parks on the day of arrival, as I was too tired after driving all night. DW requested no park on Sunday, since they are too crowded on weekends. So, tomorrow we will be headed to the MNSSHP.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #62
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

So, let's get to DTD/ Fulton's.

I posted a little about the bus delay and the avengers monorail. I also saw one of the CR managers walking to go home stop and the bus stop to direct a patron to a smoking area. As a former smoker, I get the the addiction. But, I knew to follow where I could smoke and who around. Some jerk blowing smoke in the face of people waiting for the bus is just rude. I didn't take a picture, but if I can find the employee at the front desk tomorrow, I'll get a name to compliment him to his boss. Now, onto the pictures.

At the 14th floor waiting for the elevator:

Dinner at one of our favorites.

Complimentary appetizer - crab dip with flatbread ( I think they are crackers).

Bread. I was a little slow on the camera.

Not free. Calamari. It wasn't as good this time. They changed the cut and the breading. Youngest dd ate most of it though - as usual.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #63
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

Agreed. Our old commando days of parks every day are gone. I requested no parks on the day of arrival, as I was too tired after driving all night. DW requested no park on Sunday, since they are too crowded on weekends. So, tomorrow we will be headed to the MNSSHP.
Well I certainly can respect that, after doing a redeye and losing all that sleep it certainly is hard to catch up when you will be up early and out late all week, this is why we have done the Autotrain since it's on our way the chance of resting before getting there is awesome, I've driven but it does beat you up really good, Get some sleep my friend for tomorrow your instincts will return
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #64
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Let's move on to dinner.

I had their special - Alaskan King Crab Claws and grilled lobster tail. My two favorites.

DW had the Alaskan King Crab Claws - her favorite. And, we shared the lobster macaroni and cheese. I am not sure if you have ever tried either of those two, but I enjoyed the crab claws, but the lobster Mac and cheese was out of this world amazing.

Oldest dd had snow crab legs and youngest dd had steak. Hey, it's better than the chicken nuggets she normally orders everywhere we go. I had two more Yuengling draft beers.

Afterwards, we went to World of Disney for major shopping. Both dds got coats for the winter (KY winters - not Canadian winters) and earrings. Oldest dd got a Perry Platypus pillow pet, and since her earrings and coat was more than youngest's, I let youngest dd pick out a snow globe, and she picked Mickey Mouse in the globe, 4 parks around the base, and it plays song from IASW. I got a few more pins.

Then, while dds and I went to Ghiradelli for some ice cream, the lines were outside the door, DW went to th candy store and got a dark chocolate covered pineapple. The dds and I each had ice cream.

We ate ice cream while waiting for the bus. On the way back from DTD, we stopped by future home site, once I win the lottery. It's my phone, but can you all read the picture?

Then, to end the day with just a little more magic, we made it back a little late to get to TOTWL, but early enough to grab a seat in front of BLT and watch the fireworks, which also plays the Wishes music. Again, my phone camera doesn't take great pics at night, but not bad for a ground level seat. That is Space Mountain

Back up to our room for Electric Water Parade from our room.

Another extra magical day, minus kid fighting, and we still have the best yet to go. Tomorrow, we are meeting up with a couple of DisDads at the MNSSHP.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187

Last edited by AirGoofy; 10-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #65
Live4Surf
Mouseketeer

It looks like you guys are having a great time! Thanks for the report. It makes my wait go by so much faster. I can't wait to get there on Sunday. Hope you guys have great week!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2561895 9/10 trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2803757 10/11 trip report

WDW 1975 offsite, WDW July 1992 offsite, WDW-CBR June 1995, WDW- ASM July 1997, WDW-POR July 2001, WDW-ASSp Sept. 2006, WDW-CSR Sept 2007, WDW-CSR Sept 2008, WDW-AKL Sept 2009, WDW-P0P Jan 2010, WDW -BCV/GLP June 2010, WDW-BLT Sept 2010, WDW-OKW/BLT Sept 2011, WDW-BLT October 2012, Aulani - October 2013, WDW - AKV April 2014
Live4Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #66
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
At the 14th floor waiting for the elevator:

Cute pic... awesome view.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #67
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

A few hours late this AM. One of the best parts about being on the 14th floor is the view. I asked how much to live in a 2 BR all year long. They laughed. I really enjoy this view.

CR, WL, and S&D in the background. To the right is DHS - hat and water tower with Mickey ears.

Epcot.

EE at AK.

Characters in Flight in DTD.

View between CR over the water to the GF.

And, the best for last, MK waiting for the elevator.

Heading to the poly to get a Dole Whip before MNSSHP. Will probably post pics tomorrow morning.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #68
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Dressed for MNSSHP. We are dressed in matching red soccer team jerseys. I knew the coach and used some connections. We even have the tall socks - just no shin guards or cleats.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #69
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Had to stop off for a Dole Whip at the Poly.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #70
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Had to stop off for a Dole Whip at the Poly.

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #71
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

CR & BLT from the boat at Poly. I enjoy the boat rides.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #72
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

40 minutes before the MNSSHP, but my dds want to be first in line.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #73
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Got the Avengers monorail while standing in line at MNSSHP entrance.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #74
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Looks like a 4:00 FL thunderstorm is on its way in...

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #75
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
40 minutes before the MNSSHP, but my dds want to be first in line.

So far we are all the same side of the gate!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer, dads, live, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: