DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
tkd27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout68 View Post
I don't know if you can give TTS specific dollar limits per point but I only gave them the request for a certain number of points and the resorts that we were interested in.
Gotcha. How long did it take for them to find you what you were looking for? I'm thinking that 45-55 points is about right for us, but when I looked through the postings, the very few listings in that ballpark were all with sales pending. Was it a long wait, or did it come through quickly?
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
scout68
We dig the Duck

The reason the smaller contracts all list as pending is a result of the same waiting/request list that helped facilatate our small add on. We were called about a half an hour prior to the email blast that was to list the contract. When it did post we had already commited to purchasing and it listed as pending. We put ourrequest in a couple of months before the phone call.

As to how long it will take will depend on the supply and demand for the size and location that you desire. Typically the smaller contractracts are in high demand and go very quickly. Especially VWL, BWV, and BC. This has seemed to be the case in out relatively short hunt for a small add on.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
scout68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
tkd27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout68 View Post
The reason the smaller contracts all list as pending is a result of the same waiting/request list that helped facilatate our small add on. We were called about a half an hour prior to the email blast that was to list the contract. When it did post we had already commited to purchasing and it listed as pending. We put ourrequest in a couple of months before the phone call.

As to how long it will take will depend on the supply and demand for the size and location that you desire. Typically the smaller contractracts are in high demand and go very quickly. Especially VWL, BWV, and BC. This has seemed to be the case in out relatively short hunt for a small add on.
Good to know, thanks for the info. Now if anyone has tips on how to convince a skeptical wife, I'll be good to go
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
Pennyguy23
DIS Veteran

Thats weird. I called on a contract the other day and it was already sold. I asked to be called if that use year came up at that resort again. He said no they don't call people. First come first serve...

Pennyguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyguy23
Thats weird. I called on a contract the other day and it was already sold. I asked to be called if that use year came up at that resort again. He said no they don't call people. First come first serve...
That was my experience also with TTS. Other brokers are willing to do this for you.

The contract I currently have waiting ROFR, came to me from such a lead from the "DIS Lord Voldemort" broker- they called me a new one before it even made it onto the website.
Msmithmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
scout68
We dig the Duck

WhooooHoooo! Got the news that Disney passed and the contract is ours. Now just a few more days of waiting and the final documents should be here.

21 days from contract signing to ROFR results.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
gripp35
Mouseketeer

Congrats!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
xstitches
Mouseketeer

Wow that was quick! Congrats!
xstitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
scout68
We dig the Duck

We received our closing docs via e-mail on the 4th and mailed them back the same day. Last hurdle, I hope the sellers are as motivated as my wife and I.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
buttrflyksses
You can still be like your dreams...tonight and every other night.

Congratulations, how exciting. Mine was sent to Disney today, I hope it passes too!

I am dealing with Sharon at Fidelity, she knew what I was looking for and called me when the seller changed the listing to decrease the per point amount.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #26
scout68
We dig the Duck

Well.....I happened to go over to dvcmember.com to check on our wait list status and it showed we had no wait list request. (leaving in 10 days)

So I went over to current vacation details and it said none...

Next I went to our contract details ....and there it was....

New owners at VWL the waitlist info was showing the new contract
The website was giving info on our new add on

No email
No phone call
No notification at all, weird

After a brief but intense freak out We're OK... and super excited to be owners at the lodge!

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: