Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Last year one of the chefs told me that not all the booths were "owned" by Disney so he was unable to provide me with information. I had to ask at those booths myself. I suspect that is why the Creme brle is not listed. I asked last year and it was GF.

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2
Last year one of the chefs told me that not all the booths were "owned" by Disney so he was unable to provide me with information. I had to ask at those booths myself. I suspect that is why the Creme brle is not listed. I asked last year and it was GF.
Reporting from the festival. Guest Relations says that the published list and map are from an outside company and cannot be guaranteed even though it was posted on a Disney website. You still need to ask at each kiosk.

They do not even have guides for their own table and counter service restaurants. You have to ask at each one. It's very frustrating and very much harder than Disneyland.

I can report that the "Shrimp in the Barbie" from Australia was 5 small salad shrimp in sauce. Tasted good but not worth the $5 they charge for it. The cheese plate at the cheese stand was good and they had plates made up without the bread if you ask. (There does not appear to be a way to indicate food allergies when ordering at the computer stations.)
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
valree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ibis View Post
Reporting from the festival. Guest Relations says that the published list and map are from an outside company and cannot be guaranteed even though it was posted on a Disney website. You still need to ask at each kiosk.

They do not even have guides for their own table and counter service restaurants. You have to ask at each one. It's very frustrating and very much harder than Disneyland.

I can report that the "Shrimp in the Barbie" from Australia was 5 small salad shrimp in sauce. Tasted good but not worth the $5 they charge for it. The cheese plate at the cheese stand was good and they had plates made up without the bread if you ask. (There does not appear to be a way to indicate food allergies when ordering at the computer stations.)
Thanks for the feedback. How in the world could they say that you can't trust the info that's posted on their own website?
valree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
scarlet_ibis

Quote:
Originally Posted by valree View Post
Thanks for the feedback. How in the world could they say that you can't trust the info that's posted on their own website?
Yes, that is very curious. I have heard various things from "That's the 'Disney Food Blog' and not Disney" (which isn't true because the link is disney.go.com) to "It was done by an outside company and we can't guarantee it" (then why publish it?) to "Several kiosks' worth of food is prepared in a common kitchen, so we can't guarantee there is no cross-contamination."

Today, I had a worker at the cheese stand try to merely take the cracker/bread off of the top of the cheese plate before giving it to me...

Had much better experiences at Sunshine Seasons and Beaches and Cream.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #20
petbren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ibis View Post
Had much better experiences at Sunshine Seasons and Beaches and Cream.
Could you tell me what you had at Beaches and Cream. Since there are no reservations there, did you just infom them you needed GF meal while you waited for table.
Staying at BWV one night before cruise, and hoping to have early dinner there.
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
scarlet_ibis

At B&C, I had the bacon cheeseburger on a GF bun, which wasn't bad except that it needed to be about 50% bigger to hold the burger! The fries were baked in an oven over at Cape May Cafe and arrived short after the rest of our food. (They usually get the fries from Hurricane Hanna's but it's closed for refurb.)

There is a fruit option, but it's melon (which my husband said was very good, but I don't care for melon).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: