Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #151
lbklyn
DIS Veteran

Thank you.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #152
snkasweet
Earning My Ears

We booked standard but will upgrade if need to. With yoir suggestions i may not need to. According to map at the beginning of the thread, 50s building lakeview may work nicely for us. And bonus,DD 7 loves lady and tramp.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #153
snkasweet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Love it!! Happy Birthday to your DH! Have a wonderful trip!

Sure they are quite pricey ... beers are around $5-$7 ... wine is approx $10-14, in my picture of the liquor area, I can't find any prices for you, but will ask MeMom to do so (as she is there now.)

You're welcome Jen!! And you have a DC (date change) again! SWW baby - bring it ON!

Depends on your booking category ... the playground is over by the 70s (which does not have a pool) but you can use the 60s one, which has the kiddie pool as well. I think the kids would like the 60s or 50s too ... with lady and the tramp. We like the lake view rooms, we feel they are the most quiet (we also request an upper floor), however you may like a ground floor if dealing with strollers.

What category did you book??

Yikes!! Lizards are cute, snakes are not!! This is why we request an upper floor!! Hope you are having a ball!!

Request: If you can, please check out the liquor prices. My pix do not show the prices an we there is a request for info....thanks, no problem if you can't or forget!!

Erin - Congratulations to you and DH on your new jobs!! Now go and have the most fabulous trip with your DS!! And he has his gig to look forward to on his return .... great news all around!!
Thank you. T
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #154
gailpet
Earning My Ears

Thinking about using Garden Grocer to order some quick breakfast type foods (m)

to save on time in the mornings on our way to the parks.

How do you go about doing this? I have a list on Garden Grocers -- do you have to call the hotel directly to arrange them to receive the delivery? Do they have a place to store the food since our flight doesn't get in until after 8 p.m.? Where can you find the direct dial phone number and address for the resort to give to Garden Grocers?

Has anyone used them before and had good or bad luck?

thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #155
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Yikes!! Lizards are cute, snakes are not!! This is why we request an upper floor!! Hope you are having a ball!!

Request: If you can, please check out the liquor prices. My pix do not show the prices an we there is a request for info....thanks, no problem if you can't or forget!!
We had a nice day at Epcot yesterday. Animal Kingdom today, naps this afternoon, and MNSSHP tonight.

Yes, I will get the liquor prices for you. I had to grin, though, since I am an old-fashioned Church of Christ girl who has never had a drink. When I was a kid, even saying root beer was pretty daring stuff! I won't know a thing about any of the beverages I am posting about, but I am glad to do it for Disney/Pop informational purposes. I'm mostly a water drinker, so I'll probably freak out when I see the prices!

I have not had any luck on the entrance signs, as of yet. I have either been on the wrong side of the bus, it has been too dark, or I have had a kid or baby in my lap. I'll keep working on that request, but if I don't get it, I was glad to see that someone with a car - who can slow down and get a better shot - is coming soon.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #156
love2pugs
Mouseketeer

Hello. Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at the POP. If we ever get back to Disney World, we will stay at the POP again. We did get our 50's building with a lakeview and it was great. :

This thread was great with all the information. Thank you Janet!

April 2004-Disney World & Disney Cruise; June 2006 Disney World; August 2009 Disney Cruise; Sept. 2012 Pop Century; Sept. 2014 Disney Cruise

Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #157
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpet View Post
to save on time in the mornings on our way to the parks.

How do you go about doing this? I have a list on Garden Grocers -- do you have to call the hotel directly to arrange them to receive the delivery? Do they have a place to store the food since our flight doesn't get in until after 8 p.m.? Where can you find the direct dial phone number and address for the resort to give to Garden Grocers?

Has anyone used them before and had good or bad luck?

thanks!
We've used GG several times when staying at a DVC resort. I have not had them make a delivery to Pop, but it will work the same way. When you place your order with GG, it asks where you want your delivery made and Pop Century is one of the options. Pop will hold your delivery for you and they do have limited refrigerated space. With a late arrival like yours, I would typically have my order delivered the day AFTER arrival. That allows for air delay problems and the like. There shouldn't be any problems, but I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

You do not need to contact Pop to let them know about the delivery. GG delivers to Pop every day most likely. You'll have to give GG information about what time you want the delivery made, etc. GG will also give you a call when they're on the way to making the delivery.

I've been very pleased with GG's service.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #158
Amandagoff1984
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!!
We will be at POP 10-12-12/-10/15/12 we will also be decorating are window with halloween decor. Cant wait to find yours!!! I love when others decorate...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #159
penni520
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone...Please don't think that I am a trader Because on my next trip I am staying at AOA...Don't get me wrong I LOVE the pop but I want to try something new this trip.
I will be coming over to the POP to eat one night for the Mother's day out dinner. I just LOVE the fried chicken.
I will be back to the pop soon I promise

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #160
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandagoff1984 View Post
We will be at POP 10-12-12/-10/15/12 we will also be decorating are window with halloween decor. Cant wait to find yours!!! I love when others decorate...
See you there!! We'll look for your decorations, too!! That's what we love about POP! Alot of people decorate. We love to walk around and check them all out!!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #161
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbklyn View Post
Is applebee's and wendy's really only a 5 min walk from POP? And is it a safe walk, highway etc.?
There's really nothing that is a walk from Pop Century except for the Art of Animation resort across the bridge. You read something that led you to think Applebee's and Wendy's were close?

If you stay at one of the All Star resorts, particularly Sports which is the closest, there is a McDonald's within walking distance. Pop doesn't have anything like that nearby.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #162
Racebanner
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Counting down to a solo trip 10/17-10/22 at POP!

Can't wait! Why do the days seem so long?

Parkhopper passes have been delivered. This will be my first on-site stay. Looking forward to warm days.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #163
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebanner View Post
Can't wait! Why do the days seem so long?

Parkhopper passes have been delivered. This will be my first on-site stay. Looking forward to warm days.
POP is a great resort for solo travelers. I'm speaking from experience, as I did my first on-site solo trip there this past February, and am doing a second one in December

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #164
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

We checked in yesterday and we're having a wonderful time so far.
Will try to do a short report after our trip.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #165
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkasweet View Post
We booked standard but will upgrade if need to. With yoir suggestions i may not need to. According to map at the beginning of the thread, 50s building lakeview may work nicely for us. And bonus,DD 7 loves lady and tramp.
Perfect!! And she will like getting a look at the dog house too Plus, the 50s pools tends to be less busy than the feature pool. All good!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: