Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #3421
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Post Big announcement!

Attention all members. Excuse me while I drag over this dilapidated, beer-stained soapbox for a moment. I have an announcement to make.

For the last 3 years I have been privileged to be the man to coordinate the opening of new DDC threads and to officially welcome new members to the club. I still find it hard to believe that I have been performing these tasks for so long... through 19 threads! Flew by, actually. It's been a great honor!

Over the past few months I have found less and less time and energy to spend keeping up with the boards. I found myself wondering if there is someone else that could be enlisted to help or take over the responsibilities I have enjoyed thus far. This leads me to the announcement. I hope you will all agree with me that this person will more than adequately take these tasks and make it more than I could imagine Commencing with the end of the current thread, the man who will henceforth announce the reception of new members and create new threads is....

Cinderella's Fella (Randall)

I will continue to add new members through the end of this thread... but please start referring new members to Randall once the new thread opens. It's been a pleasure fellas!! Oh... and no, I'm not going anywhere! Just need to take a load off for a little bit.

Here's the soapbox, Randall.

Big announcement ownage
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #3422
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hi, Brian! Sorry it took me so long to get you officially listed here in the club. Glad you found us! You are member # 717!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
Woohoo! Thanks...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #3423
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I am sad, though, that I do not get to try Facetime with Dave Now I am trying to get used to the phone enough so I can keep up with the DDC goings on. Might have to buy ForumRunner.
Excellent choice. I'm kind of partial to the Droids, myself. Just download Tango. I believe somebody says he has it and it does the same thing as Facetime.

I like ForumRunner. That's actually the only way I ever check that forum. The only downside is that you can't see sigs and you loose the smilies.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #3424
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
For the last 3 years I have been privileged to be the man to coordinate the opening of new DDC threads and to officially welcome new members to the club. I still find it hard to believe that I have been performing these tasks for so long... through 19 threads! Flew by, actually. It's been a great honor!
Thanks for the hard work and enjoy your retirement, Don!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #3425
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Thanks for all of your contributions, Don. You've earned a long vacation. And Randall is a great choice for the new "Don".
DIS Dad #400

Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #3426
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks fellow dads, she's doing better, we went and did alittle shopping at DTD an she had fun, I think it's a mix and I don't think she's feeling we'll, I think she should be alright for the party tonight, she's excited about trick or treating and BBB , grandmas staying we just had alittle melt down but things seem to be ok right now, keep your fingers crossed for us lol
Glad to hear it's going better, good luck.

Quote:
Attention all members. Excuse me while I drag over this dilapidated, beer-stained soapbox for a moment. I have an announcement to make.

Over the past few months I have found less and less time and energy to spend keeping up with the boards. I found myself wondering if there is someone else that could be enlisted to help or take over the responsibilities I have enjoyed thus far. This leads me to the announcement. I hope you will all agree with me that this person will more than adequately take these tasks and make it more than I could imagine Commencing with the end of the current thread, the man who will henceforth announce the reception of new members and create new threads is....

I will continue to add new members through the end of this thread... but please start referring new members to Randall once the new thread opens. It's been a pleasure fellas!! Oh... and no, I'm not going anywhere! Just need to take a load off for a little bit.

Big announcement ownage
You really saw fit to give Randall more to be responsible for around here?????

JK! Thanks for all the hard work Don, and thanks for the future hard work Randall!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #3427
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Big announcement ownage

The King is dead, Long live the King.

Thanks for all the work Don and good luck Randall.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #3428
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Attention all members. Excuse me while I drag over this dilapidated, beer-stained soapbox for a moment. I have an announcement to make. ...
Thanks for your efforts and Randall will do well (and have less time for LAST posting)
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #3429
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
What a Beverly of a day already. Sitting at the auto repair shop waiting for them to open so I can drop the rolling van of doom off. 1 coolant leaks, butch in places that I can even come close to reaching. Them I head home to meet the furnace guy because that's not working on this 39 degree morning.
Well...that sucks. Hope you got this taken care of without too much of a hit on the wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Has anyone watched the first two episodes of Last Resort? Just watched them online and they were pretty intense.
I watched the first 2. It's entertaining (if a little silly) so far. I'll stick with it for now and see where it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Good morning men.

Yesterday was a great day. Wasn't it Barry?

Feeling a little tired today at work after being up until about 1:30 2 nights in a row to watch the Reds. Well worth it though. I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when I'll be heading into Great American Ballpark for Game 3!
Someone had an awful good sports weekend.

Quote:
In other news... I finally broke down and got a smart phone from Verizon. My dumb phone finally peanut buttered me enough to make the move. Had the choice between the iPhone 4s and Droid 4... I ended up getting the Droid. Basically came down to the fact that the Droid has a slide full qwerty keyboard. Very nice additional feature for heavy texting work. I am sad, though, that I do not get to try Facetime with Dave Now I am trying to get used to the phone enough so I can keep up with the DDC goings on. Might have to buy ForumRunner.
We've been looking into these a bit lately (mostly my wife is tired of not being able to reach me). It's hard to bite the bullet on the data plan expense, though. The Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan looked intriguing to me. Not sure about their coverage, though. Or their phones.

Quote:

Thanks for taking care of the club, Don! You've been an unsung hero around here. We couldn't have done so well without you! And I can totally understand about needing a break.

I for one would like to welcome our new overlord, Randall!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #3430
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:

Big announcement ownage
Thanks for all that you do Don

Randall, congrats....I think

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #3431
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Got the Avengers monorail while standing in line at MNSSHP entrance.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #3432
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Hi all! Been another busy week here in VA. Had a weekend of camping with family and friends at Cherrystone campground on the Eastern Shore. The cold front came through late Sat night with lots of wind. Woke up to cold wind and rain. Fortunately, we rented a cabin for the weekend and was minimally affected

In other news... I finally broke down and got a smart phone from Verizon. My dumb phone finally peanut buttered me enough to make the move. Had the choice between the iPhone 4s and Droid 4... I ended up getting the Droid. Basically came down to the fact that the Droid has a slide full qwerty keyboard. Very nice additional feature for heavy texting work. I am sad, though, that I do not get to try Facetime with Dave Now I am trying to get used to the phone enough so I can keep up with the DDC goings on. Might have to buy ForumRunner.
Awesome cabin...

As for FaceTime with DAVE, you can always try to download TANGO...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #3433
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:

Big announcement ownage
Thanks for the years of hard work Don....

And Randall... We know you will do a great job!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #3434
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Woohoo! Thanks...
Most welcome!

Quote:
Excellent choice. I'm kind of partial to the Droids, myself. Just download Tango. I believe somebody says he has it and it does the same thing as Facetime.

I like ForumRunner. That's actually the only way I ever check that forum. The only downside is that you can't see sigs and you loose the smilies.
I'll have to look into that. I notices the DIS has their own forum app... but for some reason I keep getting some annoying add that takes over the screen every few seconds. THAT's not going to work for me.

Quote:
Thanks for the hard work and enjoy your retirement, Don!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Thanks for all of your contributions, Don. You've earned a long vacation. And Randall is a great choice for the new "Don".
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Glad to hear it's going better, good luck.

You really saw fit to give Randall more to be responsible for around here?????

JK! Thanks for all the hard work Don, and thanks for the future hard work Randall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The King is dead, Long live the King.

Thanks for all the work Don and good luck Randall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Thanks for your efforts and Randall will do well (and have less time for LAST posting)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Thanks for taking care of the club, Don! You've been an unsung hero around here. We couldn't have done so well without you! And I can totally understand about needing a break.

I for one would like to welcome our new overlord, Randall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Thanks for all that you do Don

Randall, congrats....I think
Very welcome to all you guys.
Don't forget to thank Aaron for all he does over at the "other" place.... he puts a lot more elbow grease into that place in one week than I have in this forum for 3 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
We've been looking into these a bit lately (mostly my wife is tired of not being able to reach me). It's hard to bite the bullet on the data plan expense, though. The Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go plan looked intriguing to me. Not sure about their coverage, though. Or their phones.
Well... the data package was holding me back, too. I founf out that we were paying for more minutes than we needed to be paying for... so I dropped minutes from the plan which freed up $15. So in our mind the data package is only $15 more a month now Worked on DW anyway
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #3435
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Thank you Don for all your hard work over the years!!!!

And Thank you guys for your vote of confidants!!!

Now, I just need to figure out how to drive the,

When,

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: