Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #2461
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I forgot the best thing about the cruise. The oceaneer's lab. I barely saw my kids for 4 days. I couldn't drag them out of there. Lots of downtime for mommy and daddy. Loved it.
That may be my reason to finally go on a cruise Mommy and Daddy time....sorry you didn''t get your WL request..but glad you liked the stay

missoutandabout will be glad you survived the hot tub The reason I've hesitated to do BC CL is the lounge....YC was cramped when we were there for F&W, and I can't inagine trying to find seating for 7 there...but SAB, and the bright rooms are nice!!!

AKL CL was nice, maybe for a pre cruise stay if you're looking to do resort only We were upgraded to a suite far far away on a different floor, but the view was awesome...and the lounge is kinda like WL but the food area isn't separated..if that makes sense.

Again, welcome home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I had to go back to my pics to be sure we were talking about the same room...
That is freaky

time to catch up with amanda on her tr

Last edited by pas130; 10-09-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: autocorrect stinks
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #2462
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Well, moving Disney to accommodate surgery Dr says I cannot wait until December. So we are pushing up Disney from Oct 27-29 to Oct 19-21 (which were my original Oct dates, lol). Of course the only thing left at WL was CV BB, so I upgraded my WV BB for a few bucks to make the dates work. We considered going this weekend, but two other executives will be out at DH's office and he would prefer not to be out as well.

I saw availability online but when I called she said nothing at WL so I had her checking all deluxes and all of a sudden a BB room at WL popped up so we grabbed it! I guess it was just meant to be!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #2463
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Well, moving Disney to accommodate surgery Dr says I cannot wait until December. So we are pushing up Disney from Oct 27-29 to Oct 19-21 (which were my original Oct dates, lol). Of course the only thing left at WL was CV BB, so I upgraded my WV BB for a few bucks to make the dates work. We considered going this weekend, but two other executives will be out at DH's office and he would prefer not to be out as well.

I saw availability online but when I called she said nothing at WL so I had her checking all deluxes and all of a sudden a BB room at WL popped up so we grabbed it! I guess it was just meant to be!

Melissa I'm sorry you have to go through surgery I hope post-operatively you will be comfortable...kinda funny they're your original dates

BTW..you'd be surprised what opens up the night before.....
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #2464
pas130
DIS Veteran

Stop my insanity

I do not want to change, I do not want to change, I do not want to stay at GF...OK I do, but the girls want Poly....

Risk them freaking out, and hope they are happy????

Change...stay.....ugh......

Thank goodness I am working soon....
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #2465
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
I do not want to change, I do not want to change, I do not want to stay at GF...OK I do, but the girls want Poly....

STAY STAY STAY!!! Do it for your girls!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #2466
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
STAY STAY STAY!!! Do it for your girls!!!!

Yes stay at Poly...for my girls, for my wallet

Melissa thanks...
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #2467
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes stay at Poly...for my girls, for my wallet

Melissa thanks...
Wait to do GF with them when they are a bit older....save the money now

Thanks for the well wishes on my surgery....recovery should only be really painful for about a week or so but going to take 4-6 weeks to really heal. I'll have 5 weeks til December's Disney trip from surgery so I am hoping all goes smoothly

Oh and I did book the dessert party, YIKES!!! DH and I are going to push the kids late on this trip's travel day to see how it goes and if we think its too much for them we will just cancel. But I think it will be fun and just add another element to our crazy holiday sight seeing trip

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #2468
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

HELLO MY FRIENDS! I'm home! It was a long and exhausting 10 days!!! I have things to share, but am still in the chaos that accompanies coming home, laundry and unpacking and also trying to get the whole thanksgiving feast cooked for today (Canadian Thanksgiving) I promise to take some time and jot down my feelings and thoughts as soon as I have a free moment! The Poly was nice, after a mishap with a cockroach in our room and a broken bed! It all worked out for the best in the end
I'll be back to share as soon as I am a tad more settled! One of the best parts was meeting our sweet Lacy, Beautiful Deena, Gracious and Lovely Ginny! I missed you all so much! happy to be home

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #2469
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
HELLO MY FRIENDS! I'm home! It was a long and exhausting 10 days!!! I have things to share, but am still in the chaos that accompanies coming home, laundry and unpacking and also trying to get the whole thanksgiving feast cooked for today (Canadian Thanksgiving) I promise to take some time and jot down my feelings and thoughts as soon as I have a free moment! The Poly was nice, after a mishap with a cockroach in our room and a broken bed! It all worked out for the best in the end
I'll be back to share as soon as I am a tad more settled! One of the best parts was meeting our sweet Lacy, Beautiful Deena, Gracious and Lovely Ginny! I missed you all so much! happy to be home

Welcome home! We missed you too! Glad you got home safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #2470
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My boys will go with you...they love the grand
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #2471
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies!!

Just got back from seeing Hotel Transylvania with the DD's, it was a cute movie! I felt that they borrowed a little bit from Disney stuff, but otherwise a neat little film.

SO...we are officially (not booked yet ) going to be at AOA from Nov 16 - Nov 21 then 3 nights on the Dream! POR just seems so cramped for us!!!

I know a 4 night cruise would be better but I just can't justify taking the girls from school more then 5 days. As I mentioned before I had way too much guilt for our long trip in September. Plus if we don't LOVE the cruise, 3 nights will be a perfect way to just try it out.

So...next up is booking airfare for our May weekend! Just waiting on those Airtran flights to come out!!

Marie and Amanda: Can't wait to hear about your trips!
Melissa: a hug for you about your surgery....
Jeanette: I vote stick with the Poly!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #2472
gwynne
DIS Veteran

We're home! We had a wonderful time, lots of fun!

Lacey, Deena, Marie (and Marie's sweet friend and Marie's sons), It was so nice to meet you all!! We had a good chat, and then were off to see fireworks. Our RC family is just the greatest!

Hubster and I stayed at BWI, we were on the 3rd floor, but CL. We had a beautiful view of the lagoon.

Our Epcot Food and Wine favorites: scallops at New Zealand, curry at Singapore, beef at Argentina, always like escargot in France, we got the chicken this time, too there, and it was yummy! It was hot, humid, we stopped at the Brewer's Collection a couple of times, their Full Sail IPA hit the spot.

Raglan Road signature was fabulous! The theme was Dublin in the Rare Ould Times. 8 to a table, beautifully laid out (centerpieces were candelabras, books and flowers) , and totally amazing food. The other people at the table were Disney employees, very interesting to hear about their work.

Jiko was delicious, we sat at the cooking place, such a treat to interact with the folks there. We learned about reds from the Stellenbosch region in South Africa. Amazing!

Party for the Senses. We took our daughter and her fiance, their reaction to the experience was priceless. They had us laughing...they couldn't believe they were on such a great date...with parents. Our daughter got a photo with Cat Cora, they loved Cirque, a great night.

Finally, Wine School: This was a first for us at Epcot, and we so enjoyed it! We were given the opportunity to blend our own (about a glass or so) pinot noir. The process was fascinating, and it gave me a teeny peek into how a winemaker thinks. It was creative like cooking is to me, but the ingredients were clonal varieties of pinot noir.

We flew out of Orlando late due to t-storms. Folks on the Orlando to Detroit flight were very kind and let us close connect people off first. (5 minute connection, but we were hoping they held the connect a bit.) We ran through Detroit like crazy people, made it to the gate, hopped on and they shut the door. Our lucky day! They'll deliver our luggage later today.

I'll get busy and back read, lots of resort changes to catch up on. (Mousemommy, I try to keep up, but it's like riding the spinning teacups)

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 10-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #2473
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Wait to do GF with them when they are a bit older....save the money now

Thanks for the well wishes on my surgery....recovery should only be really painful for about a week or so but going to take 4-6 weeks to really heal. I'll have 5 weeks til December's Disney trip from surgery so I am hoping all goes smoothly

Oh and I did book the dessert party, YIKES!!! DH and I are going to push the kids late on this trip's travel day to see how it goes and if we think its too much for them we will just cancel. But I think it will be fun and just add another element to our crazy holiday sight seeing trip

Once the construction is completed....
I hope you're healed up for your December visit !!!!

I saw a thread on the dessert party on mvmcp nights and even though most were against it...I think it'll be magical...as tired as I was after our drive in may...we found the energy to really enjoy pop and stay up pretty late..it'll be fantastic!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u
Welcome home Marie!!!!!! Cant wait for the details...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal

My boys will go with you...they love the grand
So do mine...only dh isnt on board. He doesn't hate it...its just not his first or second choice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Hi Ladies!!

Just got back from seeing Hotel Transylvania with the DD's, it was a cute movie! I felt that they borrowed a little bit from Disney stuff, but otherwise a neat little film.

SO...we are officially (not booked yet ) going to be at AOA from Nov 16 - Nov 21 then 3 nights on the Dream! POR just seems so cramped for us!!!

I know a 4 night cruise would be better but I just can't justify taking the girls from school more then 5 days. As I mentioned before I had way too much guilt for our long trip in September. Plus if we don't LOVE the cruise, 3 nights will be a perfect way to just try it out.

So...next up is booking airfare for our May weekend! Just waiting on those Airtran flights to come out!!

Marie and Amanda: Can't wait to hear about your trips!
Melissa: a hug for you about your surgery....
Jeanette: I vote stick with the Poly!!
We are still at poly and I have stopped asking them about gf...lol

I am loving all your plans!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
We're home! We had a wonderful time, lots of fun!

Lacey, Deena, Marie (and Marie's sweet friend and Marie's sons), It was so nice to meet you all!! We had a good chat, and then were off to see fireworks. Our RC family is just the greatest!

Hubster and I stayed at BWI, we were on the 3rd floor, but CL. We had a beautiful view of the lagoon.

Our Epcot Food and Wine favorites: scallops at New Zealand, curry at Singapore, beef at Argentina, always like escargot in France, we got the chicken this time, too there, and it was yummy! It was hot, humid, we stopped at the Brewer's Collection a couple of times, their Full Sail IPA hit the spot.

Raglan Road signature was fabulous! The theme was Dublin in the Rare Ould Times. 8 to a table, beautifully laid out (centerpieces were candelabras, books and flowers) , and totally amazing food. The other people at the table were Disney employees, very interesting to hear about their work.

Jiko was delicious, we sat at the cooking place, such a treat to interact with the folks there. We learned about reds from the Stellenbosch region in South Africa. Amazing!

Party for the Senses. We took our daughter and her fiance, their reaction to the experience was priceless. They had us laughing...they couldn't believe they were on such a great date...with parents. Our daughter got a photo with Cat Cora, they loved Cirque, a great night.

Finally, Wine School: This was a first for us at Epcot, and we so enjoyed it! We were given the opportunity to blend our own (about a glass or so) pinot noir. The process was fascinating, and it gave me a teeny peek into how a winemaker thinks. It was creative like cooking is to me, but the ingredients were clonal varieties of pinot noir.

We flew out of Orlando late due to t-storms. Folks on the Orlando to Detroit flight were very kind and let us close connect people off first. (5 minute connection, but we were hoping they held the connect a bit.) We ran through Detroit like crazy people, made it to the gate, hopped on and they shut the door. Our lucky day! They'll deliver our luggage later today.

I'll get busy and back read, lots of resort changes to catch up on. (Mousemommy, I try to keep up, but it's like riding the spinning teacups)
Welcome Home!!!!! Your trip sounds incredible!!!! Love that your daughter met cat cora!!!

That connecting flight home..yikes....

We have the bestest rc family!!!! Agreed...no need to try to catch up...it'll change anyway....
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #2474
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies! Welcome back to all the recent trippers! From a quick skim it looks like everyone had a blast!

I know I've been MIA but I'm back on the grid to begin planning. I just randomly snagged RT air for $150pp for a New Years Eve trip so I am in full planning mode with no idea where to begin.

Anyone want to help? I'm thinking split for sure with 12/30-1/2 somewhere not so stinking expensive like maybe an AOA suite or 2 connecting value rooms? I only really know a lot about the deluxes so this is totally new territory for me Then probably an Epcot Resort for 1/2-1/7 with the code that comes out tomorrow. No CL this time, it's not in the budget if I want to do a summer trip too (which of course, I do )

So whaddya think? Where should we ring in the new year? For full disclosure I doubt we are brave enough to do a park on 12/31.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #2475
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey ladies! Welcome back to all the recent trippers! From a quick skim it looks like everyone had a blast!

I know I've been MIA but I'm back on the grid to begin planning. I just randomly snagged RT air for $150pp for a New Years Eve trip so I am in full planning mode with no idea where to begin.

Anyone want to help? I'm thinking split for sure with 12/30-1/2 somewhere not so stinking expensive like maybe an AOA suite or 2 connecting value rooms? I only really know a lot about the deluxes so this is totally new territory for me Then probably an Epcot Resort for 1/2-1/7 with the code that comes out tomorrow. No CL this time, it's not in the budget if I want to do a summer trip too (which of course, I do )

So whaddya think? Where should we ring in the new year? For full disclosure I doubt we are brave enough to do a park on 12/31.
That's awesome

For NYE...honestly, I'd look to do Swolphin....this way you can party on the Boardwalk at least....OR I would save the value for the end of the trip and blow the budget on a deluxe for NYE..more activities/festivities esp. since you aren't doing the parks that day....how about WL and ring the New Year in with Sarah???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: